The Very Beginning Of This Terrible Summer

♫ Knowing A Jerk ♫

Meisoo's P.O.V

Meisoo's thoughts are written like this "hello"


"Yes! Yes! YES!" I yell as I zoom into my bedroom.

It's begun! Summer Vacation, now it's just me and I don't have to worry about anything else. I have been waiting for this moment since well... Forever! Every year, it's like Chistmas.

"Meisoo, you didn't even bother saying hello?!" Mum nags standing at the doorway tapping her foot impatiently. "Hello" I answer rudely digging my head into my pillow.

"Made such an effort" She says sarcastically. And I regret nothing! "Sorry, Mum I am just excited" I apoligise rolling over so my words aren't muffled by the pillow. "I know" She answers. At least she is understanding... 

"Hey kiddo" Dad says barging in from behind Mum. I wave lazily. "What about a hug for your Dad?" He asks spreading out his arms, with a kind grin on his face.

"No thanks" I say rolling over to face the oppisite direction. He still treats as if I'm 10, I hate it. "What's wrong?" He asks losing his happiness. 

"I was fine before..." I mumble. "How come? Did something happen at school?" Mum assumes. "No! You guys interupted me" I yell losing my patience.

! Now they'll go and sulk because I yelled at them! "I didn't mean that..." I say sitting up from my bed. "What I meant was... Can you knock before coming in" I look up towards them with puppy dog eyes. 

"Sure honey" Mum says smiling, glad that I apoligised. But Dad looked a bit sad still. Whatever he'll get over it!

"Meisoo" Mum says giving Dad a glance as she walks over to me. "We have something to tell you" She sits on the bed next to me. Dad gulps. Whatever was going on sounded extremely suspicious...

"I know you won't be impressed, but it's for your own good" Mum continued. "You will be staying at one of my old friends house this Summer".

"WHAT!!!" I yell jolting up from where I was seated. This !

"I know, but you never socialize during the summer. So you need to spend your time with another family socialising. Anyways she has a son, he is around the same age as you. But we have also arranged some singing lessons too" Mums says trying to lighten the mood. Argh!

"I couldn't care less about their son! And singing lessons! Seriously!" I scream stamping my foot on the ground impatiently. 

"We always hear you singing in your room" Dad adds. Those creepers!

"Also you can get a job and soon afford that puppy you wanted, you'll be leaving tommorrow" Mum says pulling me back down onto the bed. I sigh. "You win this time".


The morning sun shone through my window. I grumbled and pulled my pillow over my head. "It's too early" I grumble kicking my feet in frustration. "Argh!" I throw my pillow across the room and sit up. "What's the time?" I say yawning loudly. 8:30

"Meisoo are you awake?" Dad yells as he knocks on my door.

I would be now! But he did knock as least... "Yeah" I answer rubbing my eyes sleepily. "Are you packed?" He asks slightly opening the door enough so his head could peep through. "I did that last night" I answer pointing towards the many bags I packed. 

"Well are you ready to leave then?" He says. "WHAT!!! I just woke up Dad, and it's way too early. And I need to get changed I'm in my pyjamas" I yell pointing to myself. 

"20 Minutes then we're leaving" Then he closes the door.  

I can't wait... Not!


"Hurry Meisoo we are already late" Mum yells from outside. Impatient woman! "I'm coming" I say picking up my luggage bags after I put my favourite cap on.

"Put them in the boot of the car" Mum says as she hops into the car, Dad was already inside. After doing that I rush back to the front door and check that I locked it. Yep.

---

As I clip in my seatbelt, Dad starts the engine. After a few weak splutters it's ready and going. "Say goodbye" Mum says to me pointing out at the house as we drive out of the driveway. After a weak smile I whisper quietly to myself... 

Goodbye...