The Puzzle Pieces Part 1

Unbroken String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  c  h  a  p  t  e  r    n  i  n  e The Puzzle Pieces Part 1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

It was a chilly sunday morning. Where the sun was perfectly hidden behind the dark cloud. The sound of soft drizzle was heard outside the window, washing the morning at Seoul.

Lee Jonghyun slowly waking up from his good deep sleep. His lips slowly curved a loving smile because when he woke up this morning he was welcomed by the sight of a sleeping beauty under his arms. His goddess, his falling star wish, his dream come true, Im Yoona. She was still sleeping peacefully in his embrace, breathing steadily with a little smile on her lips.

How could Yoona not smiling in her sleep when he took a short break from his work in France and came unnoticed yesterday. She looked so surprise and very happy when he suddenly wrapped up her in a warm back hug when she was cooking.

Jonghyun could have savor the moment of adoring his girlfriend that morning, just if his cell phone didn't suddenly ring annoyedly.

Lazily, he reached for the phone on the bedside table near him. He even didn't bother to look at who was the caller. He wanted to end the call as soon as possible so that he could go back to adore his sleeping goddess.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yoboseyo.. Is this Mr Lee Jonghyun?" The unfamiliar voice in the other side of the call made Jonghyun creased his brows a bit.

"Yes."

"This is from Gwanjun local police station. We want to inform you that Mr Jung Yong Hwa had an accident when he was hiking."

Lee Jonghyun opened up his eyes almost immediately upon hearing the news.

 

*  *  *

 

"Keep calm oppa.." Yoona tried to soothe the panic Jonghyun by gently his side hair. The man, however seemed like couldn't hear her. His grip on the steering wheel was way too tight and his eyes was obviously not focused on the road.

Yoona knew perfectly how worried he was to hear the bad news about Yong Hwa this early morning. Jonghyun and Yong Hwa was like a blood related brother. They had something that anyone else wouldn't understand, even she couldn't go into their close relationship.

She sighed and decided to just gave him a calming massage on his stiff shoulder. She stared her man feeling bad that she couldn't ease his fear.

"I am on the way to Gwangjun with Jonghyun and Yoona, abbeonim." The voice of Min Young from the backseat sounded trembling. Yoona shifted her gaze to Min Young after she ended the call with Jung Dae Ho.

"Is mr Jung will come back straightly from London, unnie?"

Min Young tried to calm herself first before nodding to the younger.

"Yes, he said he will take the first flight tomorrow." Her obvious worrryness were drawn all over her face.

"Yong Hwa oppa will be alright." Yoona smiled. "They said he only has a little scratch on his forehead and some headache." She countinued

Min Young bit her lips even more and glanced to the rear mirror. Where she met Jonghyun's eyes, staring at her intensely. Even though she was not Yong Hwa who could read Jonghyun's eyes easily, she knew the meaning behind by his stare. She knew he actually worried about the same thing like her.

"Yes, I hope he's okay.. " Min Young curled up her fist tight.

She and Jonghyun knew, Yong Hwa's headache was never a good thing recently. Because along with the pain, Yong Hwa slowly gathered a part of his memory back. The past memory that she and Jonghyun would not want Yong Hwa have it back.

Jonghyun breathed out heavily before trying to focus on the road again and left Min Young's gaze on the rear mirror. He did worry about the same thing with Min Young. To be true, he didn't like Min Young at first. He didn't like the lie game of Samonim to fill Seohyun's position for Yong Hwa with Min Young but, what choice he had that  time? To see Min Young's sincere love for Yong Hwa was the only thing that could make him relieved a bit and slowly able to accept her as Yong Hwa's fake lover.

 

*  *  *

 

"Jung Yong Hwa's room?" Min Young asked impatiently to the short hair nurse who was on the front desk.

"Oh, mr Jung? He is in room 501." The nurse informed them. Min Young waste no time and just ran away, leaving Jonghyun and Yoona behind.

"But now mr Jung might be on the room 503." The other nurse who looked older and just came into the front desk said. Jonghyun was about to follow after Min Young, stopped his step. "Since he woke up, he always be there to accompany his friend." She continued that made Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows.

"His friend? Wasn't he only alone when he had the accident?"

"No.. He fell from the cliff with ms Seo Joo Hyun who is in room 503."

Jonghyun held his breath and tightened his fist unconsciously. He didn't like for what he just heard.

"Yoona... Can you follow Min Young first." Jonghyun said to his girlfriend who had no clue why he suddenly being tensed like that.

"Okay." She knew Jonghyun was up to something and what ever it was, he wanted to solve it alone. So she just obeyed him and ran to follow Min Young.

Jonghyun with his racing heart beat, brought his foot to room number 503. Once he stood in front of the door of 503, his heart thumped hard to see the name that read as Seo Joo Hyun. He cursed at it.

He slowly slided the door opened and walked inside. He balled his fist again and definitely didn't like to prove that his fear was right.

Yong Hwa was there, wearing the hospital pyjama with bandage covering his head. He was holding the hand of unconscious Seohyun on the bed. His eyes were staring at her softly and seemed so immerse in his thought that he even didn't realize someone just came in.

"Yong Hwa." The younger decided to call. Yong Hwa turned his head and looked surprise to see him. Jonghyun walked closer to him.

"Min Young is here." He said, hoping Yong Hwa would understand he actually meant. He did, since Jonghyun could see him tightened his jaw and slowly put Seohyun's hand back on the bed.

"Let's go back to your room. She's waiting for you."

The older man stood up from the chair but his gaze was sharp on Jonghyun.

"Why?" He at last spoke up but it left Jonghyun puzzled.

"Why didn't you tell me when I asked you?" Surpressed anger was heard from his tone.

"What do you mean, Yong Hwa-ya?"

"Why didn't you tell me that Seohyun is Joohyun !?"

The bestfriend of Yong Hwa widened his eyes. His body shivered in fear to hear something he least expected.

'He knew!' He shouted in his mind.

 

*  *  *

 

A day ago

 

Yong Hwa was standing in front of the door. He was staring at the name who was inside the hospital room. He almost couldn't believe his own eyes the first time he read the name. The name who always lingered in his head. A mystery in his past life. The missing part in his past life.

"SJH..."  He breathed the initial that was written on the door. "Seo Joo Hyun."

He closed his eyes and tried to remember the unlocked pieces of Seo Joo Hyun he found behind his locked memory.

 

 

*  *

 

"Hmmm... The river scent.." Min Young said as she inhaled deeply the air. She tightened her grip on Yong Hwa's arm who was the one introduced her on the river scent that she found it interesting too.

Yong Hwa glanced to her and found the happy aura was still all over her when she gave him an endearly smile. A stiff smiled tugged on his lips for a reply. He then turned his head back to the Han river to avoid her smile that made him guilty and just busied himself with the view. He actually needed a time alone after his last encounter with Seohyun a week ago. His mind was a mess and he couldn't focus in his work at all.

Yong Hwa and Min Young continued to walk and enjoy the river view for some more minutes before at last he told her to just stay on the railing of the river.

Yong Hwa shut his eyes close and slowly enjoying the scent of Han river. He didn't know why he really fond on this river and its scent , the thing that straightly stuck on his head when he arrived here. Maybe, he had a lot of memories with someone special here. But he was not sure if Min Young since she didn't know the river scent until he told her so.

"Appa..." A sweet little voice suddenly distracted Yong Hwa's moment. His dangling hand was being pulled by a little hand. He opened his eyes and turned to see the one who was holding his hand. She was a little girl around 5 years old. Her doe puppy eyes were staring at him sadly, her chubby cheek varnished with rosy red colour. Her thick black hair fell smoothly right above her shoulder and the neat bangs that covered her forehead added the cuteness on the little girl. Her thick eyebrows twitched the second she met Yong Hwa's eyes.

"You're not my appa." Her cute voice shaking and her doe eyes went wider. Yong Hwa could sense fear from the little girl so he smiled and kneeled to her level.

"Are you lost?" He asked the little girl while staring to her adorable eyes. He kept smiling to see she was hesitating to speak to him. Her parents might teach her not to speak to stranger and this cute girl obeyed it.

Yong Hwa always loved children, he sometimes thought it will be great to have his own child.

"Omo she's so cute, are you lost dear?" Min Young also kneeled beside her husband and the little girl's hair. "What's your name?" She continued.

The little girl just kept in silent while staring at Min Young hesitantly.

"My name is Jung Yong Hwa, what's your name?" Yong Hwa gave his hand for a hand shake. The little girl frowned for a while to see his hand before slowly but sure she reached it.

"I'm..K.. Kim Ji Hee."

"Now we are not a stranger anymore so can you tell me why are you lost?" Yong Hwa asked warmly to Ji Hee. She was still wavering for a while before her little lips at last spoke a word.

"I.. I just ran after my baloon that slipped from my hand. then after that I can't find my mother."

Min Young couldn't help to smile when she saw how Yong Hwa could handle a little kid so good, she was sure that he will be a good father.

"Alright Ji Hee... Do you remember the last time when you were with your parents?"

"Ah.. Um.. We were near a big tree. Very very big than the other." Ji Hee said while visualize the big tree with her hands. Yong Hwa rubbed his jaw and thought about the big tree Ji Hee told.

"Ah!" He clicked his fingers. "I think I know it."

"You know ahjushi?" Ji Hee said excitedly while clasping both of her hands together.

"You do?" Min Young also surprised. Yong Hwa turned his head to her and nodded.

"Yes, somehow... I remember it."

 

 

Min Young kept bitting her lips while stealing a side glance to Yong Hwa who walked with Ji Hee on his held. He looked so sure where he will go with his glistening eyes.

A heavy sigh escaped from Min Young's lips unconsciously. She always worried when Yong Hwa remembered something once in a while. With those small memories that cameback to him, she worried it could trigger all his memories back, which was the last thing she want in the world. She could lose him for good if it happen, the lies she made must be unforgiveable even for the kind hearted Yong Hwa she knew before. It will be better if everything keep blur for Yong Hwa.

"That's the tree!" Ji Hee exclaimed while pointing a big tree across the street from Han river. Min Young could see how Yong Hwa's glistened even more to find out that his memory was true. His eyes looked like roaming the tree for a while before stopped in one spot that made him frown.

Min Young followed his gaze and found that he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter