Poker Face Mask

Unbroken String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
c  h  a  p  t  e  r   t  h  r  e  e    poker face mask - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 

 

 

Yong Hwa walked to the five star hotel ballroom with a smile plastered on his face, he will give his wife a surprise with his appearance. Well, his real intention was he knew she will be there, and with his somekind of urge to see her then drove him to the make up launching that held by his wife. Min Jung looked shock to see her Director's husband came in.

"Mr Jung... I thought you won't come." Min Jung hurriedly walked to the excited man. She was a little bit uneasy with things out of her plan.

"Yes, Min Jung-ssi... I want to give a surprise to my wife." He grinned full of meaning. Min Jung uneasy feeling then washed away, she smiled to see how romantic the couple is to always give surprises to each other. She remembered her Director also love to give her husband surprises like when Yong Hwa had his birthday, Min Young gave a surprise birthday party, a dinner with some orphan kids in their house because Yong Hwa always love kids.

"Director Park is on the front row table with Seohyun, Mr Jung." Min Jung informed him. Yong Hwa's heart skipped a beat when he heard the latter name that Min Jung mention.

'She really is here.' Yong Hwa said in his mind. He nodded to Min Jung then he walked to the front table. He ran his eyes to the front row table to search for his wife. But, then his heart skipped a beat again to see the woman on the big billboard he saw yesterday and somehow made his headache wildly attacked him.

Yong Hwa unconsciously slowed his step and fixed his eyes to the beautiful woman in her red dress that having a light laugh when she talked with his wife... Park Min Young. The latter thought made him snapped his mind back. Fortunately Yong Hwa snapped his mind back just right in time. Min Young saw him walked to her table. She waved at him right away with a surprised and excited expression that clearly drawn on her face. Yong Hwa smiled and waved back to her, he made his step faster.

 

"Did I successfully surprise you?" Yong Hwa said while taking his seat beside Min Young. He still grinned like a boy.

"I knew you will come, choding." Min Young said and pinched his nose. The man wringkled his nose and slapped her hand playfully.

"I told you, not my nose." He whinned.

"But, my finger love your nose Yong Hwa Oppa." Min Young said, then she had a giggle. She was a strict director the first time Seohyun saw her but, when she met her husband, she became a teenage girl who looked deeply falling in love.

"Here Oppa, I bet you must be happy to see her." Min Young suddenly said. "Meet Seohyun, the new face of Mademoiselle. She is a well known model on America." She added. The said woman on her red dress who drowned her head since she saw Yong Hwa from a far, rose her head up with an expression full of surpriseness and nervousness.

Jung Yong Hwa actually already prepared himself just in case if he met this woman directly. But, he couldn't help to still feel so nervous, his heart for the third time this night skipped a beat again when his eyes met her big dark brown eyes which staring at him.

Yong Hwa shrugged all his thoughts about Seohyun because the woman beside him, Park Min Young, the woman who always on his side not so long after his accident and was the one who take care of him after the accident. He didn't want to hurt and make her sad because he felt, he owed her much. Even though he still couldn't feel the love for her like he used to be -or what everyone told him-, Yong Hwa always try to find a way back to his love for her because she already wait for him so patiently all these years. And he decided that he better not thinking another woman.

"Nice to meet you Seohyun-ssi." Yong Hwa said and offered his hand to Seohyun. He tried to wash away his nervousness hurriedly before Min Young realized something weird from him.

Seohyun was frowned, still couldn't believe what she just saw and heard. He acted as if it was the first time they meet, he even called her with her stage name and with -ssi.   

'What game are you playing now Jung Yong Hwa? Pretending to not know me in front of your wife?' She asked in her mind. She was still staring at his eyes, the playful eyes that so lively whenever they met before, a warm eyes that use to be full of love for her.

"Seohyun-ssi are you okay?" Yong Hwa asked her when he saw Seohyun only stared blankly to him. Seohyun blinked a few times and took a deep breath before she confidently took the hand which had been waiting for her.

"Nice to meet you, too. Jung Yong Hwa-ssi." Seohyun smiled to him. She decided to wear her poker face mask even though her heart screaming like hell because of the pain because the wound she tried to heal, started to open again to see him. She decided to follow Yong Hwa's game and she pretended to not know him, just like what he did before to her. Jung Yong Hwa, was doumbfounded to see her smile, his heart skipped a beat again.

'This girl.. Why always looked so familiar.' He thought on his mind.

"Eyyy Oppa.. Don't flirting in front of me." Min Young suddenly said then snapped Yong Hwa's mind back to the reality. He pulled his hand from Seohyun's right away and rubbed his nape and laughed awkwardly.

"I won't cheating on you Min Young-ah.." He said in loving tone. Min Young smiled to hear his loving tone but deep in her heart she knew, she definitely knew that her husband still not in love with her, he never loved her from the first place after all. Even though she also knew he always try to love her so hard but, she could feel the love never came into his heart for her. She knew even though he lost his memory, his heart was still on his past lover. She didn't really know who his past lover was but, Yong Hwa's mother definitely hate that woman.

Min Young sometimes could feel so insecure if Yong Hwa admiring another woman.  But, she tried to press those feeling, he was not at fault. These were her fault to join the game. The game that set up by Yong Hwa's mother.

"I know you won't.. Who would resist my charm." Min Young said playfully to her husband.

"What? You're so full of yourself." He said and pinched her both cheeks.

"Oppa! Don't ruin my make up!" She slapped his hand but then laughed so happily. Yong Hwa was just chuckled to see her.

Seohyun looked to the couple still wearing her poker face. But, her heart bleeds badly to see the scenes. Until two years ago  all the scenes in front of her were belongs to her. He never change, for all these two years, he never change at all still the playfull choding she use to know but also a charismatic young vice president in his office.

All the defenses on her heart started to break. Her poker face mask started to crack. Her tears pushing into the edge, she wanted to cry now. She couldn't handle anymore to see him so warm with another woman.

"What are you doing here!!!" A furious voice suddenly heard beside their table. The three people on the table looked to the voice instantly. Jong Hyun was standing not so far from their table staring to Seohyun with the eyes full of surpriseness, anger and worried feelings. His chest going rapidly up and down.

"Ah.. Anyeong Haseyo Jonghyun-ssi, long time no see." Seohyun bowed lightly to the surprised man. The man tightened his jaw, he even didn't greet her back. The silentness covered them.

"Do you know Seohyun, Jong Hyun-ah?" Min Young suddenly said tried to break the awkward silent. The furious man blinked a few times because of Min Young's question.

"She is my new model for my make up line. How do you know her Jong Hyun-ah?" The lady in white dress continued.

"She is your what??" Jonghyun asked in disbelief.

"She is the new face of Mademoiselle.. Come and sit here hurry, don't just stand there." Yong Hwa motioned his best friend to come. Jong Hyun clenched his fist and gulped all his surpriseness first before he walked to them.

'He doesn't remember her and looks like she didn't know anything about Yong Hwa's condition.' Jong Hyun talked in the back of his head and took the seat beside Seohyun.

"How are you doing Jong Hyun-ssi?" Seohyun asked. Tried to occupy her mind to someone else rather than seeing Yong Hwa and his wife.

"I'm just fine." Jonghyun answered shortly.

"How do you know Seohyun, Jong Hyun-ah?" Min Young asked.

"Oh, s.. she's.."

"I'm used to be his secretary." Seohyun said.

"His secretary?" Yong Hwa raised his eyebrows. "No wonder you looked so familiar Seohyun-ssi. I'm sorry if I didn't recognize you earlier.."

"Yes of course she looked so different from the last time we met." Jonghyun suddenly said. "I also almost not able to recognize her." He added.

Yong Hwa was surprise with Jonghyun's action but, he just could nodded and murmured "Yes, you're right." He fixed his seat excitedly and felt relieve because his questions about how familiar she was has been answered. Jong Hyun gave a glare to Seohyun. While the latter just smiled to him.

"What a waste you let go a secretary like her Jong Hyun-ah.." Yong Hwa tried to joke but Jong Hyun's face went tense with the joke. "Seohyun.. Seohyun.. Seohyun.. Hyun.." He murmured and tried to remember her but, slight of pain suddenly felt in his head when he mumbled the last word. He held his head and made Min Young and Jong Hyun worried.

"Stop it Yong Hwa-yah, don't try again." Jong Hyun said with a meaningful stare to his best friend. Yong Hwa looked to him and nodded weakly. He understood what that stare mean. As an important person in a big company, the news of him losing his memory must kept as a secret or else many people will take an advantage with his condition. No one in Korea, not even people in the company knew that Jung Yong Hwa lost his memory. Only his family, his wife and people who will protect him like Jong Hyun knew this fact.

"Excuse me." Min Jung suddenly came in. "Director Park, it will start soon. So, I need Seohyun-ssi to go to the make-up room now." She informed them.

"Oh, okay.. I will excuse myself now Min Young Unnie, Yong Hwa-ssi, Jonghyun-ssi.." Seohyun got up from her seat and bowed to them. She felt relieve she could go away from the scenes that made her heart bleeds, then she walked away with Min Jung.

"Min Young-ah why did you use her as your new face?" Jong Hyun asked definitely with a displeased tone.

"Why? She is the biggest hits nowadays.. Don't you know that?"

"He doesn't watch the TV that much Min Young-ah.. He just live in his cave with his papers." Yong Hwa said and having a light laugh.

"Ey... You should relax a bit Jong Hyun-ah. Her face already all over the town from yesterday and you didn't know that?" Min Young joined her husband and laughed at Jonghyun. The latter clenched his fist.

'This is my fault.. I didn't expect this at all. I didn't expect she will comeback in Yong Hwa's life.' Jong Hyun said in his mind.

A few minutes later the occassion was started with so grand. It was started with a great and inspiring speech from Min Young as the Director of Mademoiselle then continued with some music performance and at last the main occassion, Mademoiselle introduced their newest product.

"And now... We will introduce you our new product and of course our lovely new face who will represent all of Mademoiselle products." The MC said. "We present you, Seohyun with The Red Rose Mademoiselle lipstick ." He announced and the light went off, and only focusing on the stage then the music started. A snow-like bubble was falling all over the stage, some expressionist dancer were dancing in their unique white expressionist costumes on the stage and made a mystique ambience. Then, slowly Seohyun came from under the stage with the ekevator floor.

Yong Hwa held his breath to see how gorgeous the new face of Mademoiselle is. Between the snow-like bubble, between the white expressionist dancer, she was of course the most stand out one with her red dress. Her lips was painted with the Red Rose lipstick from Mademoiselle, her wavy hair was falling down on her right shoulder and done differently from before and made her more sensual.

His heartbeat went weird when their eyes met for a few seconds after her appearance before the dancers stood in front of her breaking their connection. Then she walked gracefully to the front of the stage with the dancer whom opening a way for her. He saw again those stare of hers, those stare which he felt so familiar. It should be a y and seductive stare to match the lipstick theme but, Yong Hwa definitely could see it so clear, a glimpse of broken  heart was drawn on her eyes.

Yong Hwa now questioning his brain for too easy in reading her eyes. He somehow gifted by an ability to easily read people through their eyes. But... Only people who close to him. People like Jonghyun and Min Young.

'Did our relationship just a work relationship before?  Between me and my best friend's secretary?'

Their eyes then met again for a few seconds, and from that moment he could feel a new sign from her eyes.. A feeling of missing someone.

Yong Hwa held his breath.

He could feel she ever staring at him with that kind of gaze... He could feel it clearly as if he already knew her deeply for years.

"Tell me.. Why those eyes of yours felt so familiar."

 

Yong Hwa couldn't take his eyes off from Seohyun and Min Young unfortunately caught his act. She only could saw how her husband really fixed his eyes on Seohyun bitterly. Yong Hwa glanced to his wife and saw her looking at him sadly.

"Min Young-ah... Is this your concept you told me? This is beyond great." Yong Hwa said, tried to make him less obvious for staring at Seohyun.

"Yes, this is my concept." She said weakly.

"Aigooo.. My wife is so perfect." Yong Hwa took her hand, intertwined them and squeezed it gently. He played their intertwined fingers, hitting it lightly on his forehead.

"Don't give me that look Min Young-ah.. I'm not only staring at her, I looked to the whole act." Yong Hwa said while kept playing with their intertwined fingers but, he didn't dare to look at his wife's eyes.

"I know, Oppa.." She gave him a fake cheerful smile. Yong Hwa stopped playing with their fingers and looked to the insecure girl.

"You're my wife.. I will only look at you." Yong Hwa assured her and looked to her warmly. He always tried every way to not make her sad. He didn't want to hurt her because she had done a lot for him after the accident. He felt that he owe her a lot.

"Oppa.. Stop your cheesy-ness." Min Young laughed lightly, getting back the cheerful her hurriedly before all the weaknesses of her shown to Yong Hwa. "I'm not a possesive wife you know. Who wouldn't admire Seohyun? She is an international model anyway. Am I looked like jealous? Oppa, maybe I just feel a little bit tired because of all these preparations." She giggled and made Yong Hwa pursed a smile, he knew that Min Young was lying. He gave a light peck on his wife's lips. The peck that felt so cold and empty for Min Young. The peck that only done out of his obligation to assure her that he won't look to another woman.

True enough Min Young was so sad that Yong Hwa staring to the other girl with an awe but, she couldn't blame him. Yong Hwa didn't love her, she was the one who fall deeply for him. She felt these are must be her karma she must accept.

Because, she was lying to him.

'Live in a lie was never what I wanted because what I feel from him is honest and true.'

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter