Step 1: Demand | Part 1/6

The Curious Case of Shim Changmin

 

From: Kim Jaejoong  

To: [email protected]

Subject: Plagiarism

Junsu, my faithful lawyer, have you heard of the author named Shim Changmin? He's the author of that book that was launched yesterday. I got a copy and I read it. He plagiarized my work! My lovely series! The 'Of Disloyalty, Courts and Money' one! I swear! See, look at this proof:

 

My book (Of Disloyalty, Courts and Money)

 

*It felt that as time went by, more amazing things happened. Hearing that we had finally created success overseas and achieved results which we never imagined we would, I entered the office with light steps on our pay day. We members looked at each other with excited gazes while facing each other. We praised each other saying that we had worked hard. But the accounts statement we received at that time recorded that we were at a deficit. Thinking that I had seen wrongly, I tried verifying again, Everything were expenses. Damn, How could that huge amount have been solely used to cover the expenses? What kind of expenses? Where did that huge sum of money fly to? I couldn’t believe it at all so I requested that they show me the detailed statement of the accounts which I had never calculated before.
They said they understood and they would show it to me, but in the end, I never saw those pieces of paper and only worked. As time went by, my curiosity grew.
The more we put our heads together to think about it, the more we got a headache.

and his book said this (The Disadvantages of Connection)

 

Time passed quickly with great happenings and the group created success overseas, reaching their popularity. One member arrives to collect his pay, excited and hopeful, he opens his envelope and checks the amount of money he received for the big success in Japan expecting a lot of money for the album sales but only to be greeted by a just about 300, 000 Korean Won which is roughly $270. Angered by this small amount for a big amount of success, the member requested to see the detailed statement of accounts of the album sales but was promised with a lie of revealing the statements. The member only continued to work even though the managing company did not show the statements of accounts.

 

ISN'T THAT THE SAME THING IN A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW? TELL ME, JUNSU. PRAY TELL ME.

 

To: [email protected]

Cc: 

Subject: Re: Plagiarism

Dear Jaejoong, 

I see the case. I understand and I think it IS just re-written in a different point of view. I will investigate and contact this Shim Changmin at once. He cannot gain fame from false works.

Kim Junsu

 

-----

 

*ring* *ring*

"Yeoboseyo? Shim Changmin."

 

"Mr. Shim, I have been informed by my client that your newly published book, 'The Disadvantages of Connections' has fragments of plagiarism from his book."

 

"Who is your client anyway? I did NOT plagiarize."

 

"Kim Jaejoong. The writer of the well known series, 'Of Disloyalty, Courts and Money'."

 

"I DID NOT PLAGIARIZE."

 

"Would you like to have a meeting about this issue? I can arrange a meeting for you to understand which parts you copied."

 

"Whatever. As long as it proves that I didn't copy because I didn't."

 

"Thank you for your cooperation Mr. Shim. May I ask for your e-mail for the purpose of the planning of the said meeting?"

 

"Capital M-A-X then [email protected]. No spaces between anything."

 

"Thank y--"

 

The phone was put down before the other person on the line could finish what he was saying. The man on the other side of the line sounded too... Cold? Distant? More like a person trying to be cold and distant...

-----

 

I've finished it! Okay, this follows the steps of suing someone. It's based on that. And JYJ's untitled song.

* - Lyrics to JYJ's Untitled song. 

 

I hope you like this fic! It takes FOREVER writing ONE chapter.