Chapter 2: SEP or the Sundae of Epic Proportions

Donghae's Tongue

brief A/N: totally daebak with the pic right??? Hae incognito... WITH ytongue!

“Come on,” he said, pulling me towards him and flipping the hood of my sweatshirt over my head before we were recognized.

 

One of his hands grazed my cheek as he lowered them and I started blushing furiously. Curse my Asian glow…He didn’t seem to notice though, clueless guy that he is. He pulled a battered baseball cap out of his back pocket and jammed it on his head before pulling up his own hood. He motioned for me to follow as he started to walk down the street. When I didn’t, he sighed exasperatedly, grabbed my wrist, and forcibly dragged me towards the ice cream parlor.

 

We walked in through the cheerily painted door and aimed for a discreet table, Donghae still grasping my arm.

 

“Alriiight!” Donghae pushed me into one of the pink plastic chairs, “You stay there and don’t move til I get back,” he happily bounced on the balls of his feet, a smile covering his whole face, “I know exactly what we’re gonna order.”

 

I shook my head as I watched him bounce off as unobtrusively as that boy was capable of bouncing. Honestly, where does he get all this energy? If it weren’t for my heart still pounding from the feeling of his hands on my shoulders the way we practically ran here, I would be about ready to do a lovely faceplant into what ever fabulous ice cream creation Donghae had in store for me.

 

And then he was back. With the most extravagant, sugary—I don’t even no if it could be called ice cream, because it was so much more than that—monstrosity I have ever seen. I really never knew things like this existed in real life.

 

“I saw this on the menu last time I was here and I didn’t believe that they could actually make it, so I promised myself I’d come back with a friend and order it. Looks good right?” he said, his lips.

 

Gyahh… the shock Sundae of Epic Proportions was nothing compared to that tongue… and those lips…

 

“We have to eat the whole thing though,” he said still staring at the S.E.P.

 

“Eeh?” I looked from Donghae to the S.E.P and back, suspiciously, “what do you mean, we have to?”

 

“Weelll, I forgot I don’t have my wallet… and the lady said if we can eat the whole thing she’ll give it to use for free,” he scuffed the floor, looking like a kid who knew he had been caught breaking the rules and was about to get it.

 

I stared at him, horrified. “Eotteohke?? I don’t have any money either since you just DRAGGED me here! But, if we eat it all…” I trailed off in apprehension.

 

“We’ll die?” Donghae asked, “I know…but there’s nothing we can do about it now!”

 

He picked up one of the spoons with a determined look on his face. It’s a good thing I really was hungry. I picked up the other spoon and we looked at each other resolutely.

 

I grinned, I might be terrified of the outcome, but I could never resist a challenge, I shouted out “Hanna, dul, set! Go!” and we began.

 

I tried to look at the mass of frozen deliciousness in front of me instead of the delicious looking boy across the table, but as the layers of the dessert continued on and on, I began to slow down, giving my treacherous eyes the chance to peek up at said boy. He too looked like he was reaching the limits of his sizeable appetite, but continued to soldier on.

 

And then I noticed it. At the corner of his mouth. Ice cream. I was suddenly seized by the inexplicable desire to pull a Secret Garden[1]. Oh crap! He noticed me looking.

 

“What?” He blinked, confused, “Do I have ice cream on my face or something?”

 

He his lips attempting to eradicate the offending stain.

 

I pointed shakily, “just…there…no..yeah-no…” I tried to direct him as he lifted his napkin to his mouth. I didn’t think I could take much more of this, there was his tongue again! I should just use my  tongue. No! I should most definitely not! Oh my god too much sugar in the brain! Just! Gotta! Make it! Stop!

 

I lurched over the table and grabbed the napkin from him, “Just HERE,” I said, wiping the corner of his surprised mouth.

 

I suddenly became aware of the mere inches that existed between our faces. He was looking at me with that deer in headlights expression… you know the one, the saucer sized eyes, slightly parted lips…

 

My hand froze, still touching him and neither of us moved for what felt like hours.

 

“YA!”

 

We jumped away from each other, I sat back on my own chair and looked up to see an angry ahjumma, who I presumed was the owner.

 

“You guys haven’t finished it yet! It’s 35,000 won if you don’t!” She smirked and walked off.

 

We started eating furiously again and somehow managed to finish it off, much to the disappointment of ice cream ahjumma of course. I don’t know about Donghae but I was 100% behind forgetting the whole awkward moment from before.

 

“Aaaah…” Donghae stood up and stretched, “That wasn’t so hard…we should get the 50,000 won one next time!”

 

 I stared at him in horror.

 

“Kidding! Kidding!” He assured me hastily, possibly even more bouncy than before, and then, “Hyukkie I just got an AWESOME  idea!”

 

He grabbed my wrist in what was now becoming an all too familiar motion and started pulling me out of the shop. I suddenly remembered why we instated the rule about not giving Donghae sugar under any circumstances.

 

I had a feeling I was not going to enjoy this “awesome” idea of Hae’s, but then he turned around shooting me a cheeky smile and sticking his tongue out playfully and all rational parts of my brain temporarily shut down.



[1] See ep. 10 of Secret Garden for reference (http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/12/secret-garden-episode-10/ yeah I just love dramabeans reviews so yeah.) well see the whole freakin show actually cos it’s great, if you haven’t already. Which I’m sure you have. …riiiight? Oh and I know this came out after Bonamana but just…let me have this one.

 

A/N: I said I'd update today even if it kiiiills me tomorrow for my 9am class! Never say I didn't do anything for yall haha. It's a bit short, but the next chapter is going to be awesome. It's gonna involve soju, and you know what happens when boys in denial get drunk!