Chapter 4: There Should be a Handbook for These Things Or What Do You Do When you Wake Up To Find Your Best Friend In Your Bed

Donghae's Tongue

(A/N: Sooo... even though I'm on teh cruise of awesome I found me some internets and posted some Eunhae lerrve, hope you all enjoy... already working on chappie 5! Aslo... I was looking for cute pics of Donghae sleeping for this one and found this and even though doesn't have anything to do with the story I thought it was too cute!)

The sun shone brightly through my open shades purely to spite me. I scowled and tried to pull the covers over my head, but found there was something large and heavy impeding the movement.

 

I opened my eyes again and this time noticed a tanned, well-toned arm draped over the covers of the bed. My eyes traveled up the arm to the man lying next to me.

 

Donghae?I thought, confused, what on earth is he doing in my bed?

 

I tried to remember the events of last night, but passed the giant ice cream monstrosity, I couldn’t recall a thing.

 

I lay there, watching him in a daze, trying vainly to recall the nights from before. He was frowning in his sleep. It made my heart ache. I liked my Donghae as the bouncy, smiling maniac he usually was. What was making him look so upset, I wondered.

 

I stayed turned towards him, my face hardly a foot from his, transfixed. His feathery bangs fell across his forehead, only just covering his closed eyelids. I could see his lashes peeking out, and was seized with the strange desire to touch them. I had extended a finger until it was only an inch away, before I became aware of what I was doing. I quickly drew my hand back, but continued my perusal of his face. I drank in his beautifully straight nose and high cheekbones, and following his strong jaw line until my eyes fell upon his soft lips. Why did I start blushing furiously at the sight of them? They were slightly parted and I could just see the white flash of his front teeth. I always liked the way his teeth showed when he smiled, especially the two front ones. As long as he was smiling I was happy. I liked his little half smiles, I liked his big toothy grins that made him look about as innocent and adorable as a puppy, I liked the way the corners of his mouth would turn up and his eyes would crinkle, and sometimes, when he was feeling extra playful, he’d stick out his tongue. Yes, I even liked his tongue. Despite its ability to make me do the stupidest of things.

 

Clearly I have a fixation on Donghae’s mouth. I sighed.

 

Or maybe you just have a fixation on Donghae, a little voice that sounded suspiciously like Kyuhyun’s whispered in the back of my head.

 

Shut up,I told it. He’s just my friend…who happens to have a very distracting face. But I care about him in a completely platonic way!

 

Uh huh…the voice sounded gleeful, so why exactly is he in your bed with you… without pants on? What exactly happened last night?

 

I…I’m sure there’s a perfectly reasonable, completely platonic, non-incriminating explanation for all of this,I faltered, will you just leave me alone?

 

You do realize you’re talking to yourself right? As in, you are alone? And you can stop anytime you want?The Kyuhyun voice said. If it had a face it would have most certainly been raising one aristocratic eyebrow.

 

Shut up!I said before fully registering what it had just said. I really am losing it. I thought, and not for the first time lately.

 

Oh most certainly, ducky. The voice cackled.

 

But before I could go further into this argument with myself, I noticed Donghae beginning to stir. He stretched his arms out, eyes still closed, and to my horror, threw them around me, pulling me into his chest.

 

I lay frozen, hands trapped between our bodies and my face buried in the hollow of his collar bone. His skin smelled of soap, liquor, and his own unique Donghae scent. It was intoxicating. But why did he smell like alcohol? I wondered faintly, did we get drunk together?

 

That would explain the memory loss, I thought with chagrin. In addition to doing extremely stupid things when I’m drunk, I tend to not remember exactly what I did that was so stupid the next day. Two things that Donghae knows full well, so why did he let me drink… or why did he get me drunk? Did he really try and get me drunk? I wouldn’t have decided on that one all by myself… wtf?

I was snapped back to the present by the feeling of Donghae’s bare legs wrapping around my own. Riight… no pants. Come to think of it, I wasn’t wearing pants either. At that, a terrifying thought occurred to me. We didn’t do  anything… did we?I could here the evil voice cackling in the back of my head.

 

I could feel Donghae’s breath on the top of my head. I shivered. Maybe he would have some answers about last night?

 

I head him groan and mutter something about the light, and then, he must have realized where he was because he quickly let go and pushed me away, almost falling of the bed in the process.

 

He looked at me with wide eyes. “How? Wha…Why am I in your bed?”

 

I looked up at him from the pillow and kind of shrugged, “No idea, I was hoping you could tell me…”

 

I could see the wheels in his head turning as he nibbled on his lip, thinking hard.  A range of emotions flickered across his face, too quickly for me to read.

 

“Well, I took you to the ice cream place, and then I remember I really wanted to sing, and you know how hyper I get when I eat sugar. I have a very distinct memory of finding money and us going to a noraebang…” He trailed off, looking at me sidelong.

 

“So we got drunk at a noraebang?” I asked, well there were dumber things I could’ve been out doing I suppose. At least it was a semi private embarrassment.

 

“Yeaaah…” He said slowly, “I might have pressured you to drink with me though. I think we drank quite a bit cos my memories are pretty hazy. You really don’t remember anything?”

 

I looked at him, exasperated, “I black out after half a bottle of soju, if you’re  having issues recalling last night, why would you think I’d remember ANYTHING?” I paused, “And this still doesn’t explain why you’re in my bed.”

 

Donghae’s face cleared, “That part I remember, I was putting you to bed—I think I’d sobered up a little at that point—and you didn’t want me to leave. So I stayed.”

 

“that still doesn’t explain the pantlessness…” I looked at him suspiciously.

 

He laughed, “Well I wasn’t going to sleep in my jeans, was I?” He kept chuckling, “Did you… did you think something happened between us?”

 

“A-ani,” I stuttered, “Cos neither of us have any feelings for each other at all, and we’re just friends and yeah.”

 

His face fell almost imperceptibly, but then his normal expression returned. I wondered if I’d imagined it. “Of course, you do like to make out with guys when you’re drunk you know, Heechul” he coughed.

 

I blushed, “But I wouldn’t do that to you, right? Because you’re my best friend, and that would be, like, really weird of me to think of you that way even in my uninhibited drunken state,” The more I tried to dig myself out of the hole, the more alarming Donghae’s expression was becoming. I wasn’t quite sure what to do so I trailed off, looking away.

why can't there a handbook for these things?! I thought desperately, still avoiding looking at Donghae.

 

When I finally raised my eyes, he was smiling, but his eyes were somewhere far away, “Right,” he said, getting out of my bed. “Well I’m going to eat some breakfast. See yah later Hyuk.”

 

I lay in bed, staring at my ceiling, did he really not remember anything from the noraebang? Or was it just so bad he wasn’t telling me?

 

I grabbed the pillow next to me and pulled it over my face. It smelled like Donghae’s shampoo. “Aish!” I yelled, the pillow muffling my voice, and then threw it across the room.

 

I decided to take a nice long shower to take my mind of things.

 

I walked into the bathroom, a towel over my shoulder. I the shower and stripped, waiting for the water to heat up. I looked at myself critically in the mirror, “What on earth did you do last night, Lee Hyukjae?”

 

I stepped in and the steam billowed around me, I breathed in deeply, feeling my muscles relax. I grabbed one of the bottles of shampoo that had been left in the shower stall at random, squeezing a generous portion into my hand. As I lathered up my hair the scent engulfed me, and I realized just who’s shampoo I was using. Donghae.An image rose, unbidden, to the forefront of my thoughts, Donghae pinning me against the wall, face centimeters from my own. My heartbeat quickened, and my pulse raced. I quickly washed out my hair, trying to escape more thoughts of Donghae.

 

I began to soap myself up, but I couldn’t ignore the image now etched into my mind’s eye. I strained to think what happened next. Was it out of anger, or something entirely different that Donghae had lost control like that?

 

I hesitantly let my hand drift downward. I began pumping slowly; long, lazy . Was it just Donghae that was making me feel so ? I tried picturing Miss A dancing bad girl good girl, I’d always liked that dance. And was suddenly overwhelmed by images of Donghae doing the same dance. I gasped at sudden rush of pleasure, and began to myself faster, my eyes fluttered shut, in my mind I was seeing every hip sway and pelvic like it was happening all over again. I steadied myself against shower wall, breathing shallowly.

 

And then the bathroom door opened.

 

My eyes flew open and I froze. Donghae stared back at me, mouth slightly open.