Chapter 3: Journey to the Noraebang or The Dangers of Drinking Soju

Donghae's Tongue

I resigned myself to be dragged to whichever place Donghae’s sugar high whims were taking him. I figured we couldn’t get into too much trouble since without cash we were basically stranded.

 

Where were we anyway?I wondered. I hadn’t really been paying attention what with Donghae distracting me with his wrist grabs and ice cream covered lips… so distracting.

 

“Donghae,” I started, only to find Donghae’s face suddenly inches away from my own, the hand still holding my wrist pulling me towards him as he looked into my eyes.

 

He grinned maniacally, “Mmmmmm, de?” He tilted his head, blinking his long lashes several times.

 

I shrank back, a bit nervous to be in such close proximity to my friend in his state. “Uh…You know where we are right? And how to get back home? Where are we going anyway? And—”

 

Donghae cut my off, “I’ve got it allll under control, loosen up a little Hyukkie!”

 

I sighed as he started to drag me off again.

 

 

We’d been walking for about 10 minutes now. Correction, I had been walking. Donghae, on the other hand, was literally running circles around me. And singing…

 

“Ya!” I said finally as a group of teenagers walking by gave us interested looks, I caught him on one of his loops  and pulled him towards me, hissing in his ear, “if you don’t cut that out people are gonna recognize us.”

 

“Sorry Hyukkie,” he hung his head and then a grin began to appear, “sorry, sorry, sorry, sooorrrry!” He started doing the Sorry Sorry dance and I playfully smacked him over the head.

 

In spite of myself, I smiled, “Would you stop that? Doing our most famous dance in public is exactly what I didn’t mean.”

 

“aawww!” Donghae pouted, “But I wanna sing! And dance! We haven’t just sung together for fun in so long! That’s why I’m taking us to a noraeba—oh!…I was gonna surprise you…” He trailed off sadly.

 

I rolled my eyes at his aeygo act, “Have you forgotten that neither of us has any money right now, clever one?”

 

He looked up, surprised, clearly forgetting that little fact. I could see his brain start to go into action as he started to come down from his sugar high. As his face fell, I felt myself start to melt a little.

 

Aish!I thought I’m tired, I don’t even want to go to a noraebang right now, why am I suddenly thinking of ways we can go?

 

Donghae pulled out his phone, flipping it open and closed as his deliberated. And out came that darned tongue again. Mercifully, after a few moments, he started talking and the tongue went back to it’s proper place, for the most part hidden from my view, calming me down a bit.

 

“We could call the managers…” He trailed off, looking at me hopefully.

 

“And have them do what, bring us our wallets? They’ll just get mad at us for being out late and being unprotected in the public. Let’s just go h—” But I stopped short at the look of pure jubilation on Donghae’s face as he looked somewhere passed my left side.

 

Donghae ran around me and I spun on the spot to see what had distracted him. He was crouched down near the curb of the sidewalk, his back to me.

 

“Mwo?” I asked curiously as he straightened.

 

He gave me a triumphant look and flashed in front of me a wad of--slightly  bedraggled--cash.

 

I stared at him incredulously, “Only you would forget your wallet and find…” I took the money from him and counted it, “47,000 won?? Aish chincha!”

 

He smiled from ear to ear. “This is a sign my friend,” he grabbed my shoulders, “God wants us to go to a karaoke bar, and spend 47,000 won…on playing!”

 

He started to dance off happily and I had no choice but to follow. Fifteen minutes later we came across a suitable place and bought a private room with our newfound cash.

 

“We still have 30,000 won left,” Donghae looked at me sidelong, “Do you maybe wannaaa, have some beer or soju?”

 

I shifted from foot to foot nervously, “I don’t know Hae, I’m not supposed to drink because of what happened last time…”

 

He looked at me earnestly, “Okay, last time you drank was like forever ago, when you were young naive and didn’t know how to hold your liquor. And Heechul is really pretty with his long hair, I don’t blame you for making out with him.”

 

I’m not a big drinker, but when I do I tend to get very… affectionate? I foresaw this night going into erm… awkward places, but those eyes were hypnotizing. I couldn’t look away, and I found myself nodding blindly in agreement. Not really hearing what he was saying.

 

“well maybe just a beer or so,” I said, dazed.

 

“Assa!” He cried with a mini fist pump to boot, “I’ll be right back! Pick out a good song for me to sing… I’ll serenaaade you!”

 

I watched the door close behind his retreating back, and put my head in my hands wondering what the hell I was getting myself into. How was it that Donghae got me to do things I had no intention of doing, in mere seconds?

 

I started flipping through the song book for good picks. He was going to pay for all the dragging me around he’d done today. Now that he was out of sight and earshot and I was alone, my head started to clear.

 

Should I give him an SNSD song? Something really girly, I thought evilly. Hmm…IU? Wonder Girls? 4minute?… Something with a good dance. He better believe I was making him do the dance.

 

I was deciding between two songs when Donghae returned with several bottles of soju and a six pack of beer.

 

“Neo micheoseo?!” I stared at him. “I clearly remember saying I only wanted a  beer.”

 

Donghae just replied smugly, “you said ‘a beer or so’  actually, I just went with the ‘or so’ part of that statement.” 

 

“How much did you spend anyway?” I asked staring at the assorted bottles in front of me.

 

“Everything but the cab ride home,” he grinned proudly, “So what song did you pick out for me?”

 

I clicked in the code for the song I’d decided on and looked on with glee Donghae’s face registered what it was.

 

“And you have to do the dance.” I added with a smug look of my own.

 

“Okaaaay, but only if you take a shot with me first,” he bargained.

 

I grabbed a soju bottle, popped the top off on the edge of the table and poured a small shot for each of us. He grabbed the drink from me impatiently and filled the shot glass all the way to the top.

 

“No wimping out Lee Hyukjae” He said in a mock-serious tone, but hearing my full name with his voice sent shivers down my spine.

 

I sighed and surpressed the feeling, what harm could a shot of soju really do anyway? We cheered, perhaps he a bit more enthusiastically than me, but I downed it in one shot none-the-less.

 

I gasped at the bitter burning that coursed down my throat and filled my chest. I had forgotten why I liked soju… hmm.

 

Donghae grinned and poured me another glass before getting off the couch to perform.

 

He struck a supermodel pose as the music started up, one hand on his hip, the other reaching towards the ceiling. I settle back in the couch to enjoy the show, starting on my beer.

 

The music swelled, and he began to sing[1]… “YOU don’t know ME! YOU don’t know ME!…” extending his arms at the “you” and shaking his fingers before snapping them back to his chest after the “me.”

 

“So shut up boy, so shut up boy!…” and he raised his hand above his head, then to his lips, and then towards me again, other hand perched on his hips.

 

I recalled Kyuhyun doing the dance on Star King, but his version didn’t make the tips of my ears burn and a blush creep up my neck. I hurriedly assured myself It must be the alcohol.

 

He waved coyly as he sang “hello, hello, hello” and then Donghae was swaying his hips in the same y hip sway as earlier that day in our rehearsal of our own Bad Girl. I felt my mouth go dry and took a big gulp of my beer. I was beginning to rethink my original idea that was going to be comical. Why did every hip pop and body roll make him look so damned y? It was so strangely… .

 

Oh god! He was on the ground now… and dear lord… are those hip s off the floor? Kill me now I thought, how did I forget how y this dance wasthis is why I shoulda gone with SNSD…

 

Donghae really knew this dance well, I marveled weakly, drinking my beer as fast as I could, attempting to hide any drool that might be escaping. He voice washed over me and I sank deeper into the couch, preferring not to think anymore.

 

Usually nobody considered him as one of the best singers of Super Junior, seeing as his expertise was meant to be dancing, but I adored Donghae’s voice. Every time I heard him sing a warmth would spread through my chest, though I could never quite place what it was. It remind me of…velvety chocolate cake… something smooth and sweet that had a richness to it that you could feel all the way into your chest. I want to eat his voice! I thought giddily.

 

With a final “Shut up! Shut up!” He ended in another supermodel pose, panting a little.

 

He grabbed the song book and flopped down next to me, grabbing his own beer. “Sooo?” he asked.

 

I suddenly felt awkward, “Uh..” I cleared my throat, “that was very impressive, when did you learn the entire dance?”

 

He grinned, “back when Kyu was gonna do it on Star King we listened to it a lot and I just kinda learned it by accident. Annnyway… your turn to sing!”

 

I was always jealous of how easily Donghae picked up dances. I might be the dance king or whatnot, but he could learn a dance in half the time it took me without even trying. The boy was uncanny.

 

He pushed me off the couch and I grudgingly took the microphone. I looked at the screen: “Heartbreaker” by G-Dragon[2]. I laughed at the irony.

 

I started singing, “You’re my heaaaarrtbreaaaker! Aawoooooh!”

 

Donghae was right, it was fun to sing just for the hell of it sometimes. I started getting into it, adopting GD’s signature smirk and dancing around the room. During the "jigeutjigeutae ppigeutppigeutae" part I started the running in place dance which make Donghae laugh.

 

I slid towards him on my knees, “you’re my heart heart heart heart heaaaart breaker!”  I sang with as much emotion as I could pack in. Spinning around I stood up again and began to dance again. I thought I caught I less than happy look flit across Donghae’s face, but I couldn't be sure.

 

I finished the song and he clapped widely, a smile gracing his features, “I have a good one for next, but first, SHOTS!”

 

He got up on the mini stage, slightly less together than his first ascent, and the first strains of the song reached my ears. Was he trying to torture me? I thought in my tipsy haze… it was Mirotic[3].

 

I definitely need to be more drunk.

 

We went like this, switching off between songs and taking shots in the middle, and the drunker Donghae became, the more outrageous, yet sensual his dances became.

 

He sang Super Girl upon request, along with 2PM’s Heartbeat, I fell off the couch from laughing at his rapping.  He got me back for the Miss A song by forcing me to sing SNSD’s Hoot, while he pretended to be Super Secret Agent Siwon.

 

I knew I too must be getting pretty drunk because during my rendition of U[4] I definitely messed up my own rap.

 

 

“Donghaee-ya!” I whined, not really caring about self respect anymore, “sing me a ballaaad!”

 

He scooted closer to me… “You sing meee a ballad Hyukkie!” he looked at me with earnest eyes.

 

“I got a crazy idea, Hae… let’s… let’s sing a DUET!” I grinned like an idiot. Singing with Donghae….ahh, why didn’t we do all of this sooner?

 

He looked at me with wide eyes, “But what should we siing?”

 

“You be IU” I said grabbing him and pulling him onstage, “And I’ll be Sung Si Kyung.”

 

“Oh you wanna do “It’s You”[5]?” He swayed slightly as I let go.

 

I nodded. He began the song and I just stared at him. I watched his throat move as he sang, and my breath hitched as I watched his eyelids flutter closed. I almost missed my part.

 

I tried not to look at him as I sang alone because sure enough when I looked over there was his distracting tongue again, I closed my eyes until I heard him join in with me. Knowing I was at least safe from Donghae tongue I opened my them slowly.

 

As we sang we drew closer together, and suddenly he grasped my hand. I acted instinctively, pulling him towards me. We might as well have been using one mic as the song went on. Our foreheads were touching and our hands were interlaced.

 

I couldn’t tell if the room was spinning from my extreme drunkenness, or the proximity to Donghae’s face. The song ended but neither of us moved.

 

Donghae let his mic slide through his fingers and raised a hand to my face. I trembled, but didn’t have the will to pull away. His eyes scanned my face and he smiled softly. I swayed on the spot, once again unsure of the exact cause of this effect. Probably a combination of both, I thought dimly.

 

“You’re beautiful” He whispered quietly, “And mesmerizing, and…and...I...need to sit down” he shook his head as he took a few steps back.

 

I nodded slowly. He stumbled towards the couch, and I followed. Only, like the drunken idiot I was, I tripped over a stray beer can and fell straight into Donghae’s lap. I slowly looked up, far too content with my current position for anyone’s good. He his lips nervously.

 

Not a good move on his part, if he wasn’t looking for what happened next.

 

I don’t know what it is about Donghae and his tongue, but it makes me lose any sense of reason I’m still clinging to, and at this point it was very very little.

 

Before I could tell myself not to, my arms wrapped around his neck and I pulled myself up to meet his lips with my own. He froze in shock, but I couldn’t bear to move away. I kept my lips pressed against his, kissing him slowly, refusing to think about what I was actually doing and concentrating instead on how wonderful his soft lips felt beneath my own.

 

He suddenly snapped into action, kissing me back with passion. Surprised, but not at all displeased by this, I deepened the kiss. The world was spinning around us, and I was in Donghae’s arms and everrrything was sparkly and bright, and I think I’ve reached nirvana.

 

At some point I had shifted from lying across Donghae to straddling his lap and now he pulled me closer, hand going under my shirt, touching my . I moaned and he took advantage of this moment to slip his glorious tongue into my mouth. I take it back, 30 seconds ago was not nirvana, right now is. I clung to the hair at the nape of his neck and he let one hand slip down to my , scooting my even closer to him. I could feel his against mine even through our tight jeans, and I knew he could feel mine. I reluctantly pulled away from his sensuous mouth to begin spreading kisses down his neck. This time it was Donghae’s turn to moan.

 

“Hyuk…”

 

My heart leapt into my throat as I heard my name.

 

And suddenly I remembered who I was, and exactly who I was currently straddling. And why this was at terrible idea.

 

His hands slipped from my waist as the feeling of my kisses stopped. I pulled away, and he looked at me, worried. I couldn’t bring myself to look into his eyes. I slid off his lap hurriedly mumbling a whispered apology  and grabbing my sweatshirt.

 

I started for the door, but was stopped. Donghae grabbed me and sandwiched me between himself and the wall, effectively trapping me. His pupils were fully dilated, despite the warm light that filled the room and when he spoke it was rough and low.

 

“Hyukjae, where do you think your going?” he asked.

 

I trembled, and he went on, “What the hell was that about?” a flash of uncertainty crossed his face, “Why would you do that?”

 

“Miahn…miahn!” I said hopelessly, whyy do I do these things? Ruining friendships, go Eunhyuk. You’re just so smart.

 

He glared at me, “Do you even know how I feel about you?” he voice broke.

 

I finally raised my head to meet his gaze, “how” I squeaked.

 

He looked at me for a long second, and finally brought his lips crashing down upon mine.

 

Oh.

 

Oh that’s how he feels.

 

And then I think I out.

 

The next thing I knew we were weaving past the security guard at our apartments, and attempting to sneak quietly into my room. He tried to leave after managing to get me into bed, but I grabbed onto his hand. He looked down at me confused.

 

“Stay? Please?” I looked up at him. I had no idea what was going on, but I did know that I didn’t want to say goodbye yet.

 

He hesitated, but after a moment he pulled off his jeans and climbed into bed, wrapping his arms around me.

"If only you knew what you do to me," I uttered quietly.

“If you only knew what you do to me,” he answered in a whisper I wasn't sure I was meant to hear.

 

I couldn’t began to think what I did to him so I just snuggled closer, knowing that tomorrow would be a disaster and at this point not really caring.

 

 

(A/N: Sooooo… whatcha all thinking? It didn’t turn out quite as hilarious as I’d hoped, but I couldn’t help myself when they started kissing…had to go with it. I think I watch waaay to much K-drama This is not the end though… oooooh no… so keep reading to find out what these two put in the way of themselves next!

And about K-drama... just finished watching Dream High.Oh. My. God. Best thing ever ever ever. If anyone has seen it and wants to discuss the awesomeness of everything and anything about it, leave a comment about that too! I adore it. And totally call Song Sam Dong for keepsies.)

 

preview:

 

The sun shone brightly through my open shades purely to spite me. I scowled and tried to pull the covers over my head, but found there was something large and heavy impeding the movement.

 

I opened my eyes again and this time noticed a tanned well-toned arm draped over the covers of the bed. My eyes traveled up the arm to the man lying next to me.

 

Donghae? I thought, confused, what on earth is he doing in my bed.

 

I tried to remember the events of last night, but passed the giant ice cream monstrosity, I couldn’t recall a thing.

 

(A/N: tooold ya it’s not done *evil grin*)



[1]Miss A’s Bad Girl Good Girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeeJvcBdLA if you’re not familiar with the damn y dance. (and OMG go watch dream high if you haven’t Suzy is so cute! Best drama Evaaar)

[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOXEVd-Z7NE gotta love the smirxy (y smirk) and the running in place…