--

That XX

 

 

Dara was lost for words. She opened and closed , trying her best to utter a sound but failed miserably. She still looked cute though, maybe I should have went for the undirect method of confessing, but if I did, she wouldn't have understood. Its better this way. 

 

"Ji, don't joke about things like that . . .  You already have someone you like right?" She said nervously.

 

"Yeah, I do have someone I like . . ." I paused and she looked relieved, thinking that I was done speaking. "You."

 

She choked and it took all my will to not laugh at her reaction. If only I had known, maybe I should have laughed, but I didn't. A part of me believed that we had a shot no matter how impossible it was.

 

She looked at me, "Ji, we grew up together, maybe your just confused with what you feel for me."

 

"No Dara, I know what I feel for you. I'm perfectly sane right now, I'm not drunk. I always loved you." I said sincerely. I'm laying down everything. My vulnerabilities. My feelings. My heart. Its just for her to take. . .

 

With a hint of desperation, she said, "But I love Wooyoung Ji. It can never be you."

 

I wanted to bury myself after her rejection. Craptastic event this is. I can't back down now, might as well pursue the impossible. "I know Dara, but I always l---"

 

"No Ji. . . Please stop, I don't want to hurt you. Just find someone else."

 

"There can never be anyone els--"

 

"Ji . .  I . .  I c-can't . . .  I'm sorry . . . " She walked out, before I could reach her, she was already out the door. Unconsciously, the tears I held back started pouring down. My heart felt like it would burst because of the pain.

 

How come the one's that truly knows the true meaning of loving someone are the people who always gets hurt? 

 

------

 

It's been a year. My friendship with Dara was thrown out of the window. She avoided me like a plague. She shifted to another course, moved to an apartment, changed her number, removed me from her friendlist. It may sound foolish, but despite what I tell my friends that I already moved on, that I'm finally happy with my current girlfriend Jenny Kim, a part of me still loves Dara, no . .  not a part, my whole being still loves Dara. 

 

Anyway, Seunghyun and Bom are already engaged and will be married soon, they are still deciding on the date. It was actually a rough ride for them, especially when Seunghyun Hyung's ex, Lee Hyori tried seperating them while Bom's parents were trying to marry her off with Choi Siwon, the son of Choi Daewoong, her father's bestfriend. In the end, they are still together. Who in their right mind would threaten both their parents to commit suicide if they'll interfere. 

 

Seungri . . .  is a hard case at the moment, he never told us that he liked Chaerin. So when Chaerin and Taeyang started going out, he seemed so lost. And he joined my club of being alone and miserable. And since   I was a good hyung, I wanted to make a good example. I dated Jenny Kim, but he didn't emulate the example though. He is currently dating two trainees in YG and one trainee in SM and another one in JYP. Well, he'll come around. Especially when he'll realize that Taeyang and Chaerin are really going strong.

 

Daesung and Minji are exclusively dating. No shock about that, and by the looks of it, they'll be official soon. Dara still talks to them, I'm the only person who she pretends that doesn't exist. But Bom and Chaerin always tells me whenever Dara was depressed because of that bastard and everytime I hear about it, all I want to do is murder him.

 

Chaerin, Taeyang, Daesung and I are fresh graduates and we're planning to eat in Dulgaebi in Jung-Gu. I arrived first since my parents already left for their business trip and Jenny was busy with school work and couldn't come along, I don't mind anyway. I was sipping my champagne quitely when I noticed Dara enter the room. I suddenly forgot how to breath. She absolutely looked gorgeous. Her long hair lightly curled, her heart-shaped face was with a hint of make-up, she wore a white satin laced dress. . . breathtaking. No wonder Jenny or any other girl even scratched the surface of my heart. Once you had a glimpse of perfection, everything . . . and I mean everything pales in comparison. 

 

She sat in a table not far from us. I wanted to approach her, but before I could stand up from my seat, someone covered my eyes.

 

"Guess who Oppa?" the voice said slyly.

 

"Jenny. . . I thought you couldn't come." I said absentmindedly. 

 

"Why on earth would I miss this oportunity to celebrate with you?"

 

One by one my friends arrived and everyone was chatting with each other while I try my best to focus my attention to them, but I couln't. Even with Jenny around, I just can't. I kept on stealing glances on Dara's direction as she patiently waits for that bastard. 

 

As soon as I returned my gaze at our table, I received steely glares from Bom noona. "Can I borrow you Ji for a few sec? I think we need to talk to the manager." She said smiling. We stood up and quietly went to the powder room. "Ji, you should move on already. That sweet girl your seeing now might just help you forget Dara."

 

"You don't understand Bom noona. No matter who I date, if its not Dara . . ." I didn't finish my sentence. We already talked about this hundreds of times and no amount of nagging and ribbing of her's would change my feelings for Dara. 

 

"I understand Ji. But it! Can't you lay your eyes of Dara and pay attention to us!" She said indignantly.

 

I didn't say anything after that, we later returned to our table. The dinner went smoothly. It was already 9:30, I peeked a cautious glance at Dara's direction and she was still alone, I sighed frustratedly. 

 

"Is there something wrong Oppa?" Jenny asked worriedly.

 

"Nah, nothing is wrong babe." 

 

"If you say so." She said, clearly not convinced.

 

"Hyung wanna go clubbing?" Seungri asked. After hearing Seungri's suggestion, everyone started to agree. Soon enough, we were already out the restaurant when I suddenly noticed the bastard making out in his car with a girl. I told them to go ahead. They didn't complain, I followed the bastard quietly. Its a good thing that he was preoccupied.

 

"Oppa. . . you're phone is vibrating again." The girl said breaking the kiss. 

 

The bastard chuckled. "Yeah, that's one of my friends." He said with a hint of deviousness. 

 

"geez oppa. .  you have way too many friends." she paused and slightly rubbed her to the bastards arm. She then slowly nibbled on his lips. "But I don't mind sharing oppa." They started making out, they didn't seem to mind. As if thinking that the public deserves to see what looks like in public. 

 

"I gotta go baby. . but here's a hotel card. . .wait for me, two hours top . .  I'll just show up my face to this puppy of mine." I badly want to murder him. I saw him approach Dara, he immediately looked like a sincere lamb asking for forgiveness. Expensive cars, beautiful clothes, high-class restaurants, they all suit her well.But that bastard beside her, he doesn’t suit Dara, he really doesn’t He smiles like a hypocrite with Dara, brushing her face and hair but he’s thinking of another woman for sure, how dare he.

 

I was about to come near them when Seunghyun stopped me. 

 

"Come on Ji. Its no longer your problem." I was too numb, to mad to say anything and just allowed him to Drag me away. 

 

I'll find a way to get through Dara's head that the bastard she loves doesn't deserve her.