From the Past

All About Second Chances

She heard the loud honk of that shiny car clearly. It’s telling her to run, or else she’ll be in danger. But it seems like her body was paralyzed, she can’t move a muscle. She just stared at the car that was about to kill her. She didn’t even bothered to cover her eyes from the bright lights of the car. It honked louder and louder, it’s getting closer and closer, but she didn’t move…

Everything happened fast, in split seconds, she was already lying on the ground, almost lifeless.

"Agassi..." she heard a deep male voice. "Kwenchanayo?" The voice was filled with panic. "Agassi!"

But she was too weak to respond...


"Nuguya!!!" Sun Hye shouted, sweating heavily as she opened her eyes and escaped the nightmare.

"Sun Hye ah!" Her father, Mr. Kim Jung Su asked in panic the moment he heard his daughter shout from the other room. "Kwenchana?"

"I dreamed..." she answered, still breathing heavily. "It was the same nightmare again..."

"You always have those crazy nightmares..." Jung Su said. "Did you see the face now?"

"Aniyo..." She sighed and drank a bit from the glass of water that her father placed on her side table. "...but, i heard a voice..."

"Voice?" Jung Su asked in curiosity.

"Ne... a man's voice." She answered.

"Who could that be?" her father asked.

"Mola..." Sun Hye moved her blanket away from her body and stood up from her bed. "I guess i just need to sleep again and wait for that nightmare next time."

"You're the only person I know who's looking forward for a nightmare." Jung Su smiled at his daughter. "Now, let's go. Breakfast is ready." He said and went out of Sun Hye's room.

"Ne Appa..." Sun Hye said as she tied her hair into a messy bun and went out of her room, leaving the bad memory of her nightmare.

But the black car that her on her dream, it seems to be real. And that deep voice, who owns that deep, manly voice?

It was the same dream that she had for years and until now, the meaning of that dream was still a mystery for her. Is there a certain message behind that dream?

She smelled the freshly cooked noodles from the kitchen which brought him back to her sense. "Smells good Appa!" Sun Hye said as she sat down on the dining table. 

"This is your favorite..." Jung Su said as he placed the bowl of noodles on the table. "Jjampong."

"JJAMPONG!" Sun Hye repeated hyper actively and picked her chopsticks immediately.

"Let's start eating." Jung Su said. 

"Woah.. Appa, your jjampong is really daebak!" Sun Hye said with full.

"Jinja?" Jung Su smiled, looking at her daughter who was eating happily. "Eat a lot. There's still more in the pot." 

"Ne Appa.."

"Oh right, Sun Hye-ah, the pictures that you took last week. I have printed it all. Could you send it to the magazine's office?" Jung Su said.

"The pictures of Lee Joon ssi?" Sun Hye asked to make sure. "Araseo..." She said, when she saw her Appa nod.

"That kid has a very good body." Jung Su said but Sun Hye didn't respond and continued eating. "Yah, did you feel uncomfortable during the photo shoot? He was half ."

"How can i feel uncomfortable? We need money." Sun Hye said with full.

"Yeah, that's right..." Jung Su sighed. "We need money for your tuition and for the bills..." Jung Su stared at her daughter who was eating like there's no tomorrow. "Aigoo, my daughter needs to work double time just to pay all the bills, while I just sit down at the photo studio doing nothing."

"Aigoo, Appa. Don't worry," Sun Hye was chewing her food as fast as she could and continued talking. "One day, we will be rich. We will have our own place were you could take pictures of your costumers and then, you will have a very famous daughter who sings on t.v. If that happens, we will not bother thinking where we should get money to pay for our bills!"

"Yah, Sun Hye ah, would that happen?" 

"Of course! Yah, Appa, don't you trust me?" Sun Hye smiled and stood up from the dining table.

"I do, of course..." Jung Su said. "Aigoo, Sun Hye-ah, you are my only hope."

"Yah, Appa..." Sun Hye tapped her father's shoulder's after she went to the sink to wash her bowl. "We could survive, don't worry." Sun Hye smiled and her dad. "Appa, Fighting!"

"I'm just thankful that God gave me a very beautiful daughter..." 

"Appa..."



*****


Sun Hye went straight to the office that her father had told her- 704 HSBC Building 37-4 Kang Namgu, Seoul. She was bringing a think brown envelope with her, filled with Joon's pictures from the photo shoot.

She went to the 5th floor and handed the pictures and gave it to the person with hair who was waiting for her at the office.

After a short talk about the pictures, Sun Hye left the office to go to her next destination, Chung Ang University, her school.

She was on a hurry, trying not to be late for her 10:30 am class. She glanced at her pink wrist watch and saw the time, it says, "9:59"

"Eotteokhae?" She sighed heavily.

Her school is still an hour ride from here if she'll take the bus. Sun Hye started to feel the pressure and kept on blaming herself because she stayed too long at the office.

The buses that passes through are all fully loaded and taxi's are rare.

"Aigoo, I'll be late!" She glanced at her watch again, concern of every second that she's waisting by just standing there, waiting for a bus to arrive. Every minute that passes seems like years. 

"10:03 AM"

"Aish... Jinja!" Sun Hye cursed under her breath while looking at the bus that just passed her. But then a shiny grey Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera stopped in front of her. It's windows slowly opened and Sun Hye saw a very familiar face, -black, shiny, straight hair, perfect jaw line and eyes hidden behind a black sunglasses. His head popped out of the window, smiling at Sun Hye.

"Sun Hye ssi... Hop in!" The voice ordered.

She bent lower to have a clearer view of the man and to her surprise, she saw the very last person that she's expecting to see that very moment.

"Lee Joon ssi?"

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************

sorry for the super late update guys! i had my final exams :p but now, since summer is starting, i think, i'll be able to update this story as faster.. thanks for the love! :) and if any of my subscribers are from the places that were affected by the earthquake and tsunami, i'm praying for all of you! please be safe everyone! *hugs*