Flashback

All About Second Chances

 

"Seonsengnim!" Cheol Yong called the class adviser of the junior special class who was about to start his lessons. "Can i borrow a minute?" He asked.

"Wae?" The teacher asked when he saw Cheol Yong slowly walking inside the classroom with a bouquet of white roses tied together with a pink ribbon.

"I just want to give this to my yeoja chingu..." Cheol Yong said, making everyone inside the classroom scream and giggle.

"Hurry up, we still have an activity..." The teacher said smiling at Cheol Yong.

"Kamsahamnida Seonsengnim!" Cheol Yong bowed to the teacher and walked straight to the first seat on the first row, giving the bouquet of flowers to the blushing pretty girl sitting on that seat.

"Happy 100th day anniversary YanA." Cheol Yong said in a deep, clear, manly voice.

"Cheol Yong Sunbae is so cool!" YanA's classmates shouted.

"Jinja?" Cheol Yong said, smiling at his hoobaes. "Well, clap your hands for our anniversary!" He said and everyone did with cheers and whistles.

"This is embarrassing..." YanA said shyly while rubbing her blushing cheeks.

"Hey, guys, she said she's embarrassed!" Cheol Yong informed the whole class.

"Yah! YanA-ah, what's embarrassing?" YanA's seat mate said. "Cheol Yong Sunbae's surprise for you is so cool don't you know that?" And whispers, shouts and teasing suddenly filled the whole class.

"Okay, okay, i know.. i know..." YanA said, agreeing with everyone. She took the bouquet of flowers and the teasing got even louder.

"See you at lunch?" Cheol Yong smiled.

"Ne..." YanA responded. 

Cheol Yong thank the teacher for giving him the time and left the classroom, making YanA's face turn red like a ripe tomato as her classmates continued to .


*****


"So, did you like my surprise?" Mir asked as he was setting the blanket on the grass for the picnic date that he prepared.

"Aigoo, Oppa!" YanA sighed. "That was so embarrassing..." YanA pouted. "That was so cheesy and everything..."

"Bwo?" Cheol Yong shouted. It was obvious in his tone that he was a little disappointed with what YanA said.

"BUT!" YanA said in a high tone. "But... sweet at the same time. Komoyo Cheol Yong Oppa."

"Hehe..." Cheol Yong laughed. "I know you'll like my sweet surprises." Cheol Yong said and sat on the blanket. "Come, seat here..." He said, pointing on the space beside him and YanA sat down, covering her legs using Cheol Yong's jacket. "Eomma packed a very yummy lunch for us..." Cheol Yong opened his bag and pulled out a huge orange food container. He immediately opened it and revealed the mouth watering seasoned tofu pockets that were stuffed with rice, dried shredded squid, rolled omelet and cucumber. "You eat first..." Mir took his chopsticks and fed YanA. "Ahhh..."

YanA opened shyly and ate the omelet.

"It's tasty isn't it?" He asked.

"Hmmm..." YanA responded with full.

"Hey, did Sae Rin ate already?" Cheol Yong asked, worrying about her future sister-in-law.

"Ne. I brought her lunch to her before I came here." YanA answered and gave Mir a piece of seasoned tofu.

"Good." Cheol Yong said, with his mouth full. "Yah, jamkamhan..." Cheol Yong moved a little and pulled something out his pocket.

"What's this?" YanA asked when he saw a box from Cheol Yong's pocket.

"Couple necklace..." He said and opened the box, revealing the heart shaped necklace inside it. "Yoo Jin Noona bought this in Seoul so don't you ever lose this, araseo?" Cheol Yong said.

"Yeppeoda..." YanA said in a soft tone, admiring the beauty of the necklace.

"You liked it?" Cheol Yong asked.

"Ne..."

"I'm glad you did." Cheol Yong knelled on his knees,setting YanA's hair aside for him to see the lock of the necklace as he put it around YanA's neck. "This necklace will always remind you that i'll be with you for the next 100 seconds, 100 minutes, 100 days, 100 weeks, 100 months, 100 years.."

"Yah, Oppa.. you're exaggerating." YanA chuckled.

"No, I'm serious!" Cheol Yong said and looked YanA straight into her eyes. "If forever won't be enough, I'll spend another lifetime, just to be with you..." Cheol Yong's stare made YanA blush.

"That's kinda cheesy." YanA placed her small hands on Cheol Yong's face. "...but, i'll buy that." She smiled. and felt Cheol Yong's arms wrap around her.




"Excuse me..." a group of high school girls gathered in front of Mir and tried to start a conversation, which brought him back to the present. "You are Mir from MBLAQ, aren't you?" One of the girls asked.

"Sorry... I'm not." Mir said and stood up, with a plan of leaving the girls behind. 

He walked as fast as he could, and luckily, the girls didn't follow him, but they are still calling his name. He tried his best to ignore those calls.

"Mireu Oppa... Mireu Oppa..."

Mireu. The dragon ascending from heaven. It's been a year since people started calling him by that name, and he likes it. That's what he wanted, to be known as an idol, to be heard as a musician, to be acknowledged as an icon.

But, in order for him to achieve this dream, he had to pay double. He had to lose someone in exchange of this, Shin YanA.

It was after class hours when YanA decided to talk to Cheol Yong about his decision of staying in Seoul as a trainee.

It was raining hard when YanA reached Cheol Yong's house.

Seeing Cheol Yong walking out of their house, with a huge luggage with him tore YanA's heart. She didn't expect that it will be too sudden. He'll leave and it's too sudden, she's not yet prepared.

"Oppa!" She shouted and ran as fast as she could to wrap her arms around Cheol Yong's neck just to stop him from leaving Jang Seong. "Oppa... Don't go. Don't leave me." YanA's voice was soft, but Cheol Yong heard her crystal clear.

"Oppa will be back..." He said, trying to calm YanA's heart.

"Please... Oppa... Don't leave..."

"Yah, why are you acting like this?" Cheol Yong shouted. "Don't you want me to fulfill my dreams?"

"I just don't want us to break up..." YanA who was starting to tear up the moment Cheol Yong shouted at her unlocked her arms around Cheol Yong.

"I'm not breaking up with you!" Cheol Yong gave YanA a glare and sighed. "Unless... Unless, that's what you want to happened."

"Bwo?" YanA said in a blank tone.

"Breaking up..." Mir sighed. "I guess that's the best thing to do now..." Cheol Yong said and left YanA under the rain.


"If only I could turn back the time..." Mir whispered to himself. "I should've stayed in Jang Seong. I should've stayed with YanA. I should've kept my promise..." Tears started to fall from Mir's eyes as he continued to walk along the streets of Seoul. "One more chance... Just one more chance... Another chance... I need a second chance. Please bring YanA back to me..."