It's Not Her

All About Second Chances

 

“She’s really, really, really, really, really pretty! Aigoo, Hyung, if you only saw her..” Joon excitedly told his hyungs about the photographer that he met at his solo photo shoot. 

“Now, I’m getting jealous of Joonie…” G.O said. “Hyung Seob Hyung, give us solo photo shoots with a pretty photographer too!”

Manager Kim just laughed and concentrated on his driving.

“What’s her name? Look for her in Cyworld and add her.” Thunder suggested.

“I got her name, it’s… it’s.. Kim Sun Hee, no, Kim Sun Hye! Yeah, Kim Sun Hye.” Lee Joon was excited with the thought of finding her Cyworld account. 

“Hyung, on our next photo shoot, can you contact her again?” Seung Ho asked. “Joon just made me really curious with this photographer.”

“I don’t think so.” Manager Kim said. “She’s just a part time photographer, i don’t think she can take pictures for MBLAQ again.”

“Yeah…” Joon said, scratching his head and made his hair messy. “Aish, I really want to see her again!”

“Hyung, you’re lucky if you’ll meet her for the second time…” Mir suddenly interrupted the jolly conversation of the boys with his serious and soft tone which made everyone quite. “Second chances only comes once in a lifetime.”

Joon, Thunder, Seung Ho and G.O just stared at him with a blank expression.

“Yah, Cheol Yong-ah, Kwenchana? Why are you acting like that so suddenly?” Joon asked, giving Mir a worried look. “When you’re serious all of the sudden, all of us are worried, you know?”

“Sorry Hyung, I’m just hungry.” Mir smiled. “Let’s stop for a while and eat.” He suggested.

“That’s a good idea.” Manager Kim agreed. “There’s a pastry shop near here.”

“I’m in the mood for sweets.” Seung Ho said. “Is it still far from here?”

“No… we’re almost there.” Manager Kim said.

*****


After 10 minutes, MBLAQ arrived at the pastry shop that Manager Kim suggested. 

“This place is heaven!” The person with sweet tooth, Yang Seung Ho said the moment they stepped inside the pastry shop and looked at the glass shelf where all the pastries and cakes are placed.

“Welcome…” A girl with a very pleasing smile and voice greeted MBLAQ from the counter. “What can i get for…” the girl paused for a while when she saw a very familiar face who entered the pastry shop. “Cheol Yong Oppa?”

Mir looked up immediately the moment he heard his real name was called. “Sae Rin-ah?” He looked at the girl’s face closely to make sure. “Yah, Sae Rin-ah, it’s you!”

“Cheol Yong Oppa! It’s been a long time!” Sae Rin said which caught the attention of the other boys. “Woah, you look really cool now.” 

“Jinja?” Mir said, looking at Sae Rin with a cool stare.

“Jinja!!” Sae Rin said with a her two thumbs up.

“Yah, what are you doing here in Seoul?” Mir asked.

“I’m here to study college…” Sae Rin answered. “I was able to enter Seoul University.”

“Really? That’s so cool!” Mir said. “Study hard, okay?” He added and patted Sae Rin’s head.

“Of course.” She smiled.

“Ehem…” G.O coughed on purpose behind Mir when he saw Sae Rin and her very pretty smile. “Aren’t you going to introduce us to her?” G.O whispered.

“Introduce?” Mir repeated G.O under his breath. “Ah, introduce…” He smiled and looked at Sae Rin who was looking too innocent with what’s happening. “Sae Rin ah, well, they are the people I work with now…” Mir said. “That’s our Manager, Hyung Seob Hyung…” He said pointing at their manager who was busy picking some pastry for himself. “…and beside him is Seung Ho Hyung.”

Sae Rin nodded and Mir continued talking. “This is Cheon Doong Hyung…” He said pointing at Thunder who smiled back at Sae Rin. “…Lee Joon Hyung…” 

“Annyeong hasseyo!” Joon greeted cheerfully.

“Ne.. Annyeong hasseyo!” Sae Rin greeted back.

“… and, this is G.O Hyung.” Mir said, introducing G.O lastly on purpose.

“Yah, why am i the last one?” G.O whispered to Mir before he smiled at Sae Rin and offered his hand for a hand shake. “Annyeong hasseyo!” G.O said. “I’m G.O.”

“Ne, annyeong hasseyo.. I’m Choi Sae Rin. Nice to meet you!” Sae Rin smiled.

“Would you mind if I ask you something?” G.O asked.

“No. What’s that?” Sae Rin asked, looking a little curious.

“Well, ahmm..” G.O bit his lips before he continued. “Do you believe in love at first sight?”

Sae Rin’s eyes widened because of G.O’s question, but knowing that G.O’s older than her, she tried to act as pleasant as she can. “I’m sorry, but I don’t…” She smiled.

“Jinja?” G.O said in a surprised tone and turned around for a second or two, and then, he looked back at Sae Rin with a very chic stare. “How about… in second sight?”

Sae Rin’s face showed a blank expression.

“Yah, yah, hyung, could you please stop that cheesy pick up lines of yours?” Joon said, pulling G.O away from Sae Rin’s sight.

“Chaeseonghamnida….” Thunder bowed at Sae Rin and followed Joon who brought G.O near Seung Ho and Manager Kim.

“Is he always like that?” Sae Rin’s awkward smile was obvious in her face.

“He’s like that most of the time.” Mir smiled. “Hey, by the way, your sister’s with you right?” Mir said.

“YanA Unnie?” Sae Rin said with a puzzled expression.

“Yeah, I was her last night. She was singing on the streets to earn money.” He smiled. “It’s just funny because she said she don’t remember me anymore. Maybe she’s just playing a prank on me, right?” He added, giving off a slight laugh.

“Oppa, you didn’t know?” Sae Rin asked.

“Know what?” Mir’s smile faded when he saw Sae Rin’s serious face.

“Oppa, YanA unnie…” Sae Rin took a deep breath before she continued talking. ” YanA unnie, is already dead…”

“Bwo?!” Mir exclaimed.