"Nuguseyo...?"

All About Second Chances

 

“Aish… why are my hyungs acting like that?” Mir whispered to himself as he covered his head with the hood of his blue jacket. “They are abusing me… just because I’m the maknae? Aish.. chinja… Where’s justice?” Mir continued to complain but didn’t dare to raise his head up to hide his identity. “It’s so cold…” 

Mir entered a grocery store and took a blue plastic basket near the counter. He immediately took the list from his pocket that his hyungs gave him before he left his dorm. He carefully examined the list with his left brow gently raising a bit as he read the list.

“Soju, ramen, eggs, kimchi, detergent powder, toothpaste, instant coffee, meat, bread, and…” Mir’s eyes widened with the last thing on the list. “Ice cream??!” He shook his head and sighed. “Aish, this hyungs are really weird. They’ll eat ice cream on winter?”

Mir went straight to the aisle where the ramen was located and took half of the ramen on the stall. He went straight and took 3 bottles of kimchi and 2 trays of eggs. He turned to the left and arrived at the aisle of the instant coffee and took a bottle. He went further and took a huge pack of detergent powder, a tube of toothpaste and a pack of sweet bread. After, he went to the left corner of the grocery store and took a dozen of soju bottles and a gallon of chocolate ice cream. After making sure that he got everything on the list, Mir went straight to the counter. He made sure not to look at the cashier’s eyes, but she was giving him a stare every now and then which made him a little nervous.

Waiting for his grocery items to be packed seems like waiting for forever. He gently tapped his hands on his thighs and waited for the cashier to tell him how much the grocery items costs.

“21042.11 won Sir.” The friendly cashier said. *about 18.18 dollars*

“Ne…” Mir said and took his wallet from the back pocket of his pants. After paying, he immediately went out of the grocery and hurried to go back to their dorm.

“This is pretty heavy…” Mir whispered as he walked as fast as he could. He must take only a few steps and he’ll reach their dorm.

He was busy looking around the bright streets of Seoul City to entertain himself while walking and to make himself forget how heavy the grocery items were.

He passed through a coffee shop, a drug store and a laundry shop and then he continued to walk further, until he heard something. No, he heard someone. Someone who is so familiar to him. Someone… unforgettable.

*Rain Drop - IU*

He looked around and saw a crowd of people. After, making sure that his hood was on his head, Mir squeezed in to see what the crowd is looking at, but to his surprise, he saw a girl who was playing her guitar and was singing with her soft and soothing voice. 

“This couldn’t be…” Mir whispered. “… her.”

Mir gazed at her with his dark brown eyes, examining her carefully. 

The black light curled hair was still the same, the innocent looking eyes, the wonderful voice that sounds like an angel from heaven when she’s singing, it is still the same as before. Nothing has changed. He’ll never be wrong. It’s her… It’s…

Mir suddenly got back to his senses when he noticed the guitar case in front of the girl was already filled with coins and bills, but the girl is still singing a song. A song that Mir knows. A song with a very special meaning to him. A song… that he…

He paused for a while and looked around. The people in the crowd all have the same facial expression, it cannot be denied, the girl singing in front of them right now is great. All of them were smiling. Obviously, they were entertained and threw more money inside the guitar case. But Mir’s expression was different from all of them. Mir looked puzzled and surprised.

“It’s you…” Mir softly uttered. “It’s you…”


The girl continued to sing and Mir was mesmerized the way he was before. He felt the same magical feeling that he felt when he hear this girl sing way back in Jang Seong. And the song, he can’t believe that she was still singing that song. The same song which brought back all the memories - from elementary to senior high school, the memories that they both shared, the unforgettable memories that they had.

Without him noticing it, the song was already over and the crowd suddenly disappeared, but he was still there, standing in front of the girl who was singing earlier with the same facial expression that he had before.

He continued to stare at the girl as she picked up all the money that she collected. 

“Yah…” He said softly, but the girl wasn’t able to hear him. “Yah.” He said louder, but the girl still didn’t heard him. He took a deep breath before he talked again, “YAH!” He said loudly and he succeeded. The girl looked at him with her round, dark brown eyes. She stared at him, looking so confused. 

Mir gave out a smile when he caught the girl’s attention, but the girl didn’t change her expression.

“Yah, Shin YanA… How are you?” Mir was doubting at first, but finally he was able to ask her that question. “It’s been a long time since I last saw you…”

The girl gave him a blank stare. She blinked twice and then, an awkward silence occurred.







* ”Mianhamnida… Kunde… ” The girl continued to stare at him with a puzzled expression. *”Kunde… Nugusaeyo?”
* ”Bwo?” Mir exclaimed in shock.

 

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
*I’m sorry but, but, who are you?
*What?