Best Friends Talk It Out

Walking Away

Jung-Ah’s POV

After spending the rest of my day with Yoseob, I hug him good bye. “See you around Seobie.”

Grinning he pecks my cheek. “See your around Jung” He says waving as he walks off, leaving me to walk up the stairs and to my apartment.

“Why were you out with that scum bag?” So Hyun asks me harshly. “He isn’t worth your time Jung.”

“So Hyun…” I whisper taking my new shopping bags into my room to be packed away. “I finished shopping for our trip.”

“Don’t change the subject. Yoseob cheated, and you’re hanging out with him like it never happened!”
I turn to face her, dropping my bags. “It isn’t so easy to judge from where I am. I love him; I can’t just stop loving him suddenly. I am upset, but he’s been the friend that I need!”

“And Doo Joon?! Have you seen him? He’s a mess, and you don’t care. Some friend you are.” I gawk at her.

“Fine. I’ll talk to him, I’ll work things out!” I yell stomping out of my living room, not even caring to put shoes on, I fling Doo Joon’s door open, revealing a surprised Ki Kwang and Dongwoon, and a yell from Doo Joon.

“WHAT THE HELL DON’T…” Doo Joon stops abruptly seeing me standing in front of him.

“Wash up now.” I command him tapping my foot. “You two make sure it gets done.” I tell them walking out.

Just seeing him so torn up, it hurts knowing I hurt my best friend. I haven’t really talked to him since So Hyun dragged me away...I do feel bad, but I don’t even know what to say to him anymore.

Walking back to my apartment I rest on the couch. “He’s going to wash up.”

“Good, good.” So Hyun says patting my back. “You know I’m gonna let you do this on your own, and you got some cute stuff, I can’t wait until we leave!”

I chuckle as she leaves, letting the door swing shut behind her;I roll over onto my back, thinking ‘Things just keep falling apart.’

“Can I come in?” Doo Joon calls from my door knocking.

“Yeah!” I yell sitting up as Doo Joon comes in, his hair now damp looking, him in a changed set of clothing. “See you look better already.” I joke lightly patting for him to sit next to me.

“You know…” Doo Joon says sighing. “It kills me that you’re so upset at me.”

I nod my head, feeling guilty. “I’m sorry Doo Joon.”
“It kills me that you’re letting Yoseob back into your life so easily, that he’s just sliding right back into his place.” He groans taking his seat next to me.

“He isn’t,” I whisper, Doo Joon shoots me a look. “He really isn’t. Yoseob and I may be hanging out and whatever but he isn’t just sliding back into place. If you haven’t realized my life is all starting to get mixed up.”
“Then why is it you seem so ok with him!? I see you with him all the time and it hurts so much that you won’t give me the chance to prove to you I’m so much better!” He says taking my hand. “You know how I feel about you.”

“And you know I just got out of a long term relationship, I can’t just jump into a new one. I care about you, and Yoseob. But I can’t date right away.” I whisper pulling my hand back. “You’re my best friend, I’ve known you my entire life, and you’ve always been therefor me.”

“Then let me prove it to you when you’re ready!” He says a fiery determination lit in his dark brown eyes. “Let me show you.”

I nod my head. “Just give me some time to figure my life out, let me get everything back into place.”

“I’ll give you all the time in the world.”

I smile at him nodding my head. “I know.”

Chuckling we both look around awkwardly. “So…how should this go since you know?”

Biting my lip I let out a deep breath. “We should probably talk about that.”

“Do you regret it?”

“I regret the circumstance,” His face falls; taking his hand I squeeze it. “I don’t regret having it with you; I just wish it had happened a different way is all. You?”

“I just regret that I took advantage of you.” He whispers looking away. “I shouldn’t have done it like that; I know you just broke up with him.”

“I was insistent.” I say quietly. “I shouldn’t have pushed you to it.”

“So it wasn’t exactly perfect, but I don’t regret the actual action of it.” He says blushing.

I nod my head in agreement. “Same.”

We both smile at each other, how am I supposed to choose when both of them are so perfect and caring?!


 

I felt pretty bad for Doo Joon's luck in this, so I am obviously changing it XD

Comment and Subscribe!!