제17장

My Little Piece Of Heaven

"Oppa, where were you? I called you and you didn't answer. Yoona had to take your class" Sunny was waiting outside the school, and as soon as Taecyeon walked toward the entrance she asked "What is that? And your car?" she looked back the motorbike he had parked.

"I sold it." He simply said "I decided to begin again Sunny. I will start a new life, I'm gonna get rid of all the past that hunts me. And start again."

"Oppa..." her eyes showed sadness.

"It's time. I have to let her go and be happy again, that's what you've told me, no?"

"Yeah I have." she sighed "it's just... It's hard, to listen to you saying this. To realize that we all have to move on. So do I. It feels like if we forget about her, she then..  will be really gone," tears started to appear on her eyes, Taecyeon hugged her "I'm sorry"

"We won't forget her. We just won't depend on her to live. She will always be in our memories, and that's what she will become, a happy memory."

"Yes we will." she smiled against his chest before they broke apart, she wiped her tears "If you need help to pack her stuff you know you can ask me"

"I know, but I think I am the one who should be doing that. I gotta be strong." they keep on talking as they walked side by side and made their way inside the school.

"Changing the topic oppa. We will be going on a school trip. To Jeju!" she clapped happily. 

The school uses to hold a festival few months after classes begin so students can get to know each other, make friends, practice and just to relax. Sunny always prepared the festival but this year was postponed, and so to make it up for the delay, she wanted to make it different and take everyone on a school trip.

"Jeju?" he exclaimed "That's amazing, what's the theme this year?"

"I'm gonna call it 'Real You'. We'll have everyone participate in whatever they want, not only dancing or singing, they can choose what represents them better. " she happily explained, she loved to plan this events "Gag skits, play an instrument, acting!"

"That's great. I love the idea, and everyone will love it too" they smiled and kept on walking all the way to the teacher's room.

As they reached the door, Taecyeon looked up and his eyes met with Suzy's, she was standing there outside talking to another teacher, she smiled. He tried to hold back his smile and just passed by them "Excuse me,"

"Damn, she's so pretty," his heart beat fast and he was talking to himself inside his head "Why do you smile at me like that? Don't do it!" he turned around, through the door window he could see her smiling, she had a beautiful smile. And those eyes...

"Oppa?" Sunny zoned him out of his thoughts by calling him for the fourth time "Are you okay?" he turned around and nodded.

Sunny turned her gaze to the door, Taecyeon then moved to block her view "I'm sorry, what were you saying?" he laughed nervous.

"Oppa," he sighed, he knew what that look was, and that tone of voice, disapproval an 'Are you nuts?!' practically.

"It's not what you think. Believe me, I'm not doing anything wrong, I won't do anything wrong." he explained himself, Sunny's eyes still shooting a death glare and her arms already crossed "Believe me!"

"When you said you were going to move on I thought Yoona maybe, or someone who, I don't know, it's not underage!" she emphasized the last two words.

"I won't do nothing, I know I won't." he stopped "But if something happens... I have you here to slap me,"

"OPPA!!" she yelled at him and hit his arm hard, he laughed. He said it as a joke, he obviously would never date an underage girl, a student of him, it's a crime. He joked because he was concius of that and would not fall. Even tho it was obvious he felt something for her, he won't fall.

Little did he know, the heart beats the brain all the time.

"Okay! Get in line, and board the bus one by one!" Sunny said through the speaker.

One by one the students were boarding. Tiffany was the last one on the line, she held onto her lunch box while she looked around, Taecyeon was nowhere to see "Suzy? Board now," Sunny told her, she nodded and looked one last time at the school entrance, she then smiled. 

A hurried Ok Taecyeon running toward the bus, he was still half wearing his jacket and hanging on this same arm his backpack, his hand holding a briefcase. And right before him Jang Wooyoung, whose smile appeared on his face when he saw Suzy smile to him, so he thought.

"Quickly student!!" Taecyeon passed next to him and yelled, Wooyoung stopped one second and scoffed. He didn't liked him, specially because Suzy had some kind of crush on him. It was so obvious by the way she looked at him, and he wasn't so sure yet, but he thought he might like her as well.

He and Suzy had been 'dating' for two weeks, if this could be called dating, actually they didn't hang out much, he switched classes to be with her until she rejected it, she wanted to focus on class she said. She wasn't very romantic and clingy as IU, but when Ok Taecyeon appeared on the room, she will then act colder with him

"I'm so sorry Sunny," Taecyeon apologized as soon as he arrived to the bus, she smiled and held her stuff for him to property wear his jacket "I overslept"

"It's fine, I'll give it a pass because it's your first time late in years." they laughed, Taecyeon took back his stuff and placed his suitcase on the bus trunk.

"Student Jang Wooyoung, 8:00 am we said" Sunny scolded him as soon as he arrived, she was looking down at her watch "8:21am"

"I'm sorry, I overslept," he apologized showing a smile, Taecyeon who was still there helped him with his suitcase, Wooyoung just bowed his head at him, giving him a look and boarded the bus.

"What happen?" Taecyeon asked Sunny who was looking at him with her arms crossed.

"That's what I am asking you, the tension between you two is so strong. Did something happen?"

"What tension? He laughed "Nothing's wrong, I guess we just don't get well"

"Then that's what is wrong, you get well with all students, with everyone actually"

"Not all, Sunny. There's always a first time. He is a Seoul guy, has a strong aura and doesn't match with me, I don't know," he said while closing the trunk.

"Or maybe it is because of Suzy?" she said while Taecyeon was walking toward the door, he stopped and laughed awkwardly "Maybe he is jealous"

"No! Why--" he said between awkward laughs "...why he will be jealous for? I'm just a teacher and she is my student. I'm doing nothing to his friend, why would he be jealous??"

"They are boyfriend and girlfriend. So the handsome teacher is always staring at this beautiful student who is also staring back at him, and apparently talk secretly between laughs sometimes. I think he is jealous you might steal her"

Taecyeon stood there a second before laughing again "You are imagining stuff Sunny" he said. 

He was shocked when he heard they were dating, he never saw anything between them that could make them seem like a couple. They were together most of the times, yes, but they were coming from the same school, it was obvious they will be together, they are friends. 

And now that the topic was brought, that day at the yard, when he couldn't see what Wooyoung did kneeling in front of her. It was obvious now, they were kissing.

Unknowingly, he clenched his fist. He was jealous.


"Wooyoung isn't going to come?" Jieun rested her head on her sit as she was looking outside the window. She was sitting next to Jiyeon, apparently now she and IU won't separate anymore. It seemed like she was now talking care of her.

Tiffany sat alone in front of them, she smiled at herself while looking at the sit next to her.

"Oppa!" Jieun exclaimed standing up, Tiffany looked up as well, Wooyoung walking toward her smiling. Jieun then realized what she had done and sadly sat back down, Jiyeon tapped her hand comforting her.

"Hi!" Wooyoung said sitting next to her.

"Hi," she replied.

"I overslept, I rushed here, didn't even had breakfast. Luckily I prepared my suitcase last night," he smiled explaining everything to her, she just looked away pretending to listen. Her eyes caught a sight of Taecyeon, she stared at him "What about you? Suzy?" he waved her hand in front of her.

"What? Sorry, what?" She zoned out and looked back at him.

"Did you had breakfast?" he asked again.

"Ah, yeah, yes. I did. I woke up early."  she said, her eyes glued on Taecyeon who was walking toward his sit. Wooyoung started to talk again but she didn't listen, she was looking at Taecyeon.

When he arrived to his sit, he placed his briefcase on the overhead compartment, his eyes looked down at the sit and he stopped. There was a small box decorated with a pink ribbon, a banana milk and a package of cookies inside. "I'm sure you overslept and didn't have breakfast. Eat this meanwhile, xoxo" it could read in the heart-shaped note outside the box.

He smiled holding the box and note on his hands, Tiffany smiled, he liked it.

"Let's go--what's that?" Sunny said standing next to him, Taecyeon quickly crumple the not with his hand to hide it.

"My breakfast," he said moving away so she could sit down.

"Why is so good decorated?" she said pointing at the pink ribbon and laughed.

"I bought it at a coffee shop, they sell this boxes... Decorated." he sat down next to her and looked down at the box.

"Well you gotta tell me where is that place. I could give that as a present sometime" she laughed looking outside the window. Taecyeon smiled and looked back at Suzy, she was looking at him.

They smiled at each other "Thank you." he mouthed her.

Wooyoung looked up at Suzy, he was telling her a story while showing a picture on her phone. His smile faded, she wasn't paying attention "I guess it's a boring story," he said.

"Mmh?" Tiffany said turning her gaze at him "Oh! I'm sorry I--"

"It's okay. I'll be quiet now." he sighed wearing his headphones, he rested his head back.

"I'm sorry Wooyoung, I have some thoughts..." she apologized, but now he wasn't paying attention. He turned some music on his cellphone.

"Ah!" she then jumped in pain, Jieun had pinched her arm from behind "What?"

"What are you doing?!" she whispered at her "He is sad!"

"I'm sorry" she said rubbing her arm still in pain.

The rest of the trip went by in silence. Wooyoung had gotten sad and mad, he wouldn't talk to Suzy, and actually she didn't tried much to talk to him neither, she was busy eye-talking with Taecyeon.

A few times Jieun would pinch her arm so she could stop flirting with him, as Wooyoung was watching. She did stopped for a minute but them their eyes would meet and another smile appeared.

On the other side, Sunny tried to keep Taecyeon away from Suzy. She would notice also the flirting and hit him. He was in danger, his work was in danger.

If other students realized of this, he will be reported. So she tried her best to keep it safe.

 

 

They finally arrived to Jeju. Everyone got into the bus that will take them to the camp.

It was a beautiful space inside the forest. Distributed cabins through the camp, an stage in the middle of everything, and at the back the ocean.

Everyone jumped and yelled happily as they arrived.

"Okay, the cabins have 4 beds each. The left cabins are for girls and the right for guys. I'll now tell the names of your roommates so you can go and unpack your stuff." Sunny announced and everyone clapped.

Luckily, Suzy, Jieun and Jiyeon were placed in the same cabin. And also luckily, it was an odd number of girls students, so theirs was only for three.

"We're so lucky we have the cabin for us three" Jieun said while she unpacked her clothes.

"Yeah, it was luck" Jiyeon replied with a smile. 

Tiffany saw it and smiled also "You did it!" she said.

Jiyeon laughed and shook her head "I didn't."

"Did what?" Jieun then looked up at them both and asked.

"I didn't!"

"You did!"

"What she did? You did what??" Jieun kept on asking curiously at the laughing girls.

"Angels have some kind of powers Jieun," Tiffany told her between laughs.

"That's a secret, I shouldn't be doing anything. Keep it quiet" Jiyeon placed a finger on her lips looked at them both and then up at the ceiling.

"If you have powers, why not make Tiffany go back to her body?" the room went silence, the girls stopped laughing and just looked at each other.

"That's not how it works" Jiyeon looked away, and Tiffany sighed.

"I asked them all the same thing, and that's the same answer I always get."

Jieun walked back to her bed and kept unpacking. There was a few more minutes of silence until someone knocked on their door.

"It's me, can I come in girls?" Sunny said eye-smiling. She had her head peeking inside. The girls smiled and nodded "Just briefly, after you're done washing and unpacking, we'll have lunch at the cafeteria, it's the cabin at the front, and next to it are the toilets." she laughed making at funny face, the girls also smiled "If you ever need anything, my cabin is the first one at the left, and next to it Mr. Ok's." she smiled again and waved them goodbye before she walked out.

"Yah, Tiffany!" Jieun yelled at her after the door was closed, she was smiling a minute before but now her  expression was serious.

"Don't be disrespectful Jieun, she is older than you!" Jiyeon scolded her.

"It's fine,"

"Ms Tiffany! You better watch what you do with Mr Ok." she complained "Didn't you see Wooyoung's expression?? When you were completely ignoring him?"

Tiffany sighed and sat down on her bed "I'm sorry, I really try to not show interest in him but I can't!" Jieun shook her head in disapproval

"He was so sad! He loves you!" she stopped a second "I mean... Not you you, I mean yoooou Suzy," she emphasized the you at the end while her hands pointed at her body from up and down.

"I know! But I love him!" she got sentimental and her eyes started to wet "It's been 2 years since I was with him. And now that he is finally with me and likes me, I just... He is the love of my life" she sighed "He was and always be even now. I love him, I can't do much trying to control myself, the way I look at him or talk to him... I'm falling in love with him, just like the first time" she closed her eyes, remembering that day she first met him, she smiled.

Outside of the door, someone who was about to knock on the door a few minutes ago stopped by the voice of the girls talking at the inside. Listening closely and in silence, didn't know how to feel while listening Suzy talking about loving someone. Who was it? 

 

 

 

________________________________________________

Took me 3 days, but here it is 😁