Ryeowook's Gift

Music Troubles

 

‘I know Haneul’s only been with us for a few days-six to be exact but anyway. I know I didn’t like her at first, to be truthful to myself, I thought she was just flirting with Heechul, or at least Heechul was flirting with her and I thought she was one of those annoying happy girls that would be so irritating, even for Sungmin hyung (who always is happy). After seeing her so happy, and that smile of her's looked so beautiful, I found out about the real her. Since it’s Christmas I bought something for her, and I think she’ll like it, after all she told me she loved…-‘ thought Ryeowook to himself.

“Ryeowook! How’s it going?” asked Yesung jumping up from the back of him putting his arm around the sensitive eternal maknae.

Ryeowook was so frightened from being torn from his deep thoughts that he almost forgot about the world in front of him and didn’t even think about anyone sneaking up on him. He sighed trying to keep calm.

“Yesung! Don’t sneak up on me like that,” said Ryeowook.

“I didn’t everyone else is right in front of us,” said Yesung pointing to the other members.

Ryeowook suddenly stopped walking as he spotted the one girl he was looking for, walking towards her immediately he ignored everyone else.

“Ya! Ryeowook! Where are you going?” shouted Yesung.

The eternal maknae ignored him again as he focused only on the black haired girl he was walking towards. In the middle of focusing he noticed a bunch of girls walk up to him shoving presents at him begging him to take it. They shouted his name aloud distracting him from his focus which walked away not even noticing him. Ryeowook looked again to see if she was there, but she was already gone.

‘Damn it!’ he thought as he went back to the members.

The whole day Ryeowook was seeing that girl everywhere but was being interrupted by girls each time he attempted to walk up to her. He felt lonely and a little sad just not seeing her.

“Sungmin hyung, when is Haneul… free?” Ryeowook asked the aegyo king.

“Um… why are you asking me because I think she’s free the whole day today, but I’m not sure if she’s going to come out of the house. After all, she doesn’t like to be tackled by fans a lot. Wae, you want to ask her out?” replied Sungmin.

‘I definitely… hope not,” Sungmin thought.

“Well I was thinking, if she can by any chance, see me?”

“I’ll see, but tell me why.”

“I was just thinking if I can just talk with her privately for a while…” replied Ryeowook as he started lowering his voice.

Ryeowook started fiddling with something in his bag that he was carrying. Sungmin raised his eyebrow and smirked but on the inside it hurt him that Ryeowook said something like that.

“Okay, I’ll ask her when I get home.”

“Gomawo.”

After Sungmin and Haneul gave each other their Christmas gifts someone rang the doorbell. Sungmin went to go answer the door and his happiness suddenly faded as he looked at the boy who was in front of him. The boy was lowering his head a little but Sungmin knew straight away who it was.

“Oh, Ryeowook. I uh, was just about to ask Haneul that you wanted to talk to-“

“Aniyo, it’s okay, I’ll talk to her later,” muttered Ryeowook in a depressed tone.

He forced a smile and walked away. His head was bent down lower and it looked like he was even about to shed a tear. Sungmin couldn’t stand to see his dongsaeng like this, but he didn’t want him to do anything with Haneul.

‘Aniyo, I’m just being selfish,’ thought Sungmin.

“Ryeowook! She wants to talk to you!” shouted Sungmin calling out to Ryeowook.

Ryeowook’s face suddenly lightened up as he lifted his head and looked at Sungmin with a smile. He rushed back to the house with a more happier expression.

“Haneul, Ryeowook’s here,” said Sungmin as they both walked into the house.

Ryeowook closed the door behind them and looked at Haneul, finally happy to see her.

“He wants to talk to you,” he whispered in Haneul’s ear.

She smiled and signalled him to sit next to her on the floor where the Christmas tree was. He turned to her slightly taking a wrapped up box out of his bag. He fiddled as he tried talking.

“Um, Haneul… I wanted to talk to you all day so… since it’s Christmas-“

‘I’m so bad at this!” he screamed in his thoughts.

“So yeah, uh, since it’s Christmas…” he held out the box out towards Haneul, “Merry Christmas.”

Haneul took the box, thank him and started opening the box. Once she found what was in it she immediately jumped on him and hugged him tightly. He hugged her back and they stayed in that position for a while. What was clutched in Haneul’s hand was a stuffed toy panda, her favourite animal, and she especially loved toy animals but seeing a panda in a stuffed toy version was just too cute she was going to die.

Sungmin popped his head in the room and saw Haneul and Ryeowook hugging for a long time. He walked out of the room slowly walking to his secret underground practice area. (well in other words, the basement) He leaned on the wall with his hand to his chest as a tear fell from his eye. CRASH! His heart just shattered into a million pieces.