Nightmares

Music Troubles

 

Haneul jumped onto her bed feeling tired and sleepy. She always felt this after school when she was in the upper level.

‘I guess things never change,’ thought Haneul to herself.

“Alright, cooking dinner for myself I guess,” she thought out loudly. “Actually, just relaxing would do.”

She closed her eyes for a few minutes before falling into a deep sleep.

“…Ryeowook... Sungmin…?”

“Okay guys, is everyone done with their schedule?” asked Leeteuk out loudly to s.

All of the members were gathered in the living room, watching TV, playing games, on the computer or something else.

“Good, since it’s almost Christmas, you can all return home. Including when we are filming Super Junior Show, and then we have to go to Thailand,” said Leeteuk.

“Where’s Haneul going to stay?” asked Eunhyuk.

“Anyone want to let her stay at their place for a while?”

“I guess she can stay at my house,” said Sungmin immediately.

“Okay, good, now lights off before 12,” Leeteuk said and left the room leaving the Super junior members to their previous activities.

HANEUL!

She struggled and tossed her head sweating in fear.

Why don’t you answer?

More cold sweat was coming down her neck.

Can you answer?

She shook her head.

Please answer….or…..

“Die!” gasped Haneul as she woke up from her nightmare.

She was so afraid to even move a single part of her body. She barely had the courage to sit up. was going dry so she swallowed and quietly and slowly walking to the kitchen to get water.

“Oh, hey,” said a dark haired boy behind Haneul. Haneul was frightened. She gasped, held her breath and didn’t move a muscle. “What’s wrong?” he asked sitting at the dining table.

Haneul turned her head and found Ryeowook sitting at the table. She let out her breath and her fear went away.

“I just had a nightmare,” replied Haneul.

“Oh. Are you okay? It shouldn’t have been that scary.”

“To me it was, but I was clueless on what was happening,” said Haneul as she sat down beside him.

“Okay, then don’t tell me, besides I’m afraid of scary stories.” Haneul chuckled. “At least get a few more hours of sleep. Everything will work out.”

“Thanks Ryeowook oppa,” said Haneul smiling. He smiled back and exited the room leaving Haneul even more confused. “What’s happening to me?” she wondered aloud.

She went back to sleep for a few hours like what Ryeowook said to do still feeling confused about many things.

“Haneul…” a voice called out to her in her sleep. “Haneul…” the voice called out to her again. She stayed calm and fluttered her eyes open seeing Sungmin beside her bed. “Haneul. I made you breakfast. Come on, eat,” said Sungmin with a smile as Haneul slowly got up and walked into the dining room.

She ate the breakfast Sungmin made for her feeling grateful towards him.

“Gomawo oppa. You are a really sweet person. You would make a great husband one day,” Haneul complimented on Sungmin’s personality.

“Gomawo,” said Sungmin smiling.

They gazed into each other’s eyes. Haneul had a warm feeling whenever she looked into them, so did Sungmin. They were caught into each other’s gaze until they heard the door open.

“Oh, hey,” said Heechul as he walked into the kitchen making himself breakfast.

“Annyeong,” replied Sungmin and Haneul in unison.

It was quiet for a few moments making the atmosphere a little awkward.

“Uh, I’m going to get ready for the day,” said Haneul. She got up and walked to the door.

“Wait, I think there’s some mail for you, check in the lobby to see if you do,” Heechul said before she opened the door.

“Jinjja? Okay then.”

She took the elevator and pressed the button labelled ‘1st Floor’. On her way the elevator stopped and Kibum came in. He smiled and said, “Annyeong Haneul.”

“Annyeong,” replied Haneul smiling back.

Kibum put his hands in his jean pockets while waiting for the elevator to close and pressed the button for the floor his room was on. It was silent again for a few moments. Kibum’s eyes were wandering around the elevator and spotted Haneul’s hands from the corner of his eyes. He moved closer to Haneul and tried clutching her hand but she walked out of the elevator when the doors opened.

‘Damn,’ he thought.

“So what were you doing with Haneul just then?” asked Heechul as he ate his breakfast.

“Bwo? Nothing,” replied Sungmin as he walked out of the room.

Heechul thought for a moment.

‘Nah, too complicated to figure out,’ he thought shrugging his shoulders and continued eating.

“I’m back!” announced Haneul as she walked into the dining room where Heechul was eating.

“So what are the letters for?” asked Heechul.

As Haneul opened a letter she had a surprised expression. She opened the next one with a serious look. She opened all of them and sighed.

“Well, looks like I have a busy schedule in the next week,” said Haneul.

“Wae?”

“These are all letters asking if I can appear on their shows, interviews and a few fan letters,” replied the black haired girl.

“Fan letters already? It’s just been a day since your 'so-called' debut on an interview show.”

“I know.”

They heard someone knocking on the door. Haneul stood up and opened it and the first thing she spotted was a bag filled with letters. She looked up to the delivery man holding it with sweat coming down his face. She looked back at Heechul with eyes widened. As he looked at the bag as well he did the same thing.

“Letters, all of them for Ms Lee Haneul,” said the man.

“Uh, kamsahamnida,” said Haneul dragging the bag inside and closing the door.

“Wow, how do they even know your address?” asked Heechul.

Haneul shrugged her shoulders as she started going through them. Some of them praising her singing and encouraging her to do her best. Even some asking her if she’s going to do a concert, if they can get a front seat, backstage passes, if they can be friends and worst of all of them…. Hate mail.

“No,” whined Haneul almost shedding a tear.

“Wae? Oh…” said Heechul as he looked at the letter.

“They already hate me.”

“Don’t worry, some people get hate mail for no reason. They even just flame them.”

“Yeah, okay then. I’m gonna get ready,” said Haneul.

“Now, we have some special guests today. Please welcome, Lee Haneul! And Super Junior’s Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Donghae!” announced Kangin. "Okay, so Haneul-sshi. On M!Countdown, do you think you can demonstrate some great singing for the viewers? We want clear dictation, in tune singing and a good rhythm.”

“Okay."

 

You're so far away-

 

“I think I’ll stop there,” said Haneul quickly in the middle of her singing.

“Wae? Are you shy?” asked Eunhyuk.

“No, it’s just that. For a second I thought I wasn’t getting the notes right,” replied Haneul.

“I thought you wrote that song.”

“I did.”

“Then why did you think you weren’t getting the notes right?!”

“Well, because I haven’t ever sang this song since I recorded it on my album, it's also quite a complicated song to sing."

“Oh okay then. Okay, next time, be prepared,” said Eunhyuk.

“Oh, okay then. I will,” replied Haneul nodding her head.

“Okay, now Sungmin is a singer, can you sing anything?”

“Um…. I don’t think I can sing as beautiful as Haneul-sshi. I’m just worried if she can’t sing any pop songs,” replied Sungmin.

Haneul raised her eyebrow. Sungmin sort of backed away as if she giving him a death glare.

“Woah,” said Sungmin trying to hide behind Donghae.

“Okay then. Donghae, my good friend. Can you rap as good as me?” asked Eunhyuk patting Donghae's back.

“Are you saying you’re better than me?” asked Donghae.

“Of course-woah!” shouted Eunhyuk when Donghae came closer and acted like he was going to hit him on the head. “Mianhae, mianhae.”

“I bet I can rap better than you,” said Donghae calming down.

“In…. English?”

“Uh, yeah!”

“Tch, yeah, right-"

"ALRIGHT! That's all we have time for, now we're gonna play song from Super Junior05's first album called Miracle. Say goodbye to Haneul-sshi, Sungmin-sshi, Eunhyuk-sshi and Donghae-sshi, everyone!" said Kangin as he waved to his fellow bandmates.