Chapter 22

Bestfriend

 

(Narrator's POV)

 

After your message, you played your version of your song. He then thought all of those memories with you. Nami....likes me? As a boy? Nami....loves me? He thought a bit and his smile started to widen. He then ran to his bedroom searching for his handphone and was about to call you, but he suddenly remembered that this is 3am in the morning and he remembered Tia. He sat on the bed. What about Tia...?

 

***

 

"Good moring mom, dad!", Minwoo greeted her parents.

"Morning son, what makes you so happy?", dad asked.

"Nothing", Minwoo grinned.

"Son..there's something you need to know", dad said.

"Okay.....what is it?", Minwoo asked.

"Nami's parents had divorced", his mom said.

"What?!", Minwoo choked oh his foods.

"We don't know the reason why, but Nami decided to stay with his mother", dad said.

"And they're moving to China today", his mom said.

"They are what......?", Minwoo asked, surprised.

"The flight is on 8am", his mom said.

"Why no one tell me about this?!", Minwoo asked.

"Because we just knew what happened with you and Nami", his mom said.

"This is a lesson for you, son", his dad said. "Don't treat her like this anymore".

"And Nami doesn't tell me about this?", Minwoo asked.

"How can she tell you when you don't go near her anymore?", his mom asked.

"What time is it?", Minwoo asked. 

"7.30", his dad said.

"I have to go to the airport", Minwoo said.

"But, you can't prevent them from leaving", his mom said.

"I know, at least I apologize to her and tell her my feelings!", Minwoo said. "I have to go now".

 

***

 

Minwoo went straight to the airport by taxi, but there was a traffict near the airport. Luckily, the traffict didn't take so much times but still, he got to the airport by 8am. He then rushed to the gate as he saw the flight board. The he heard the announcer said that it was the last call for the passenger that was going to Beijing. He then ran but when he asked, the person said that the plane is going to take off in a second.

He then know that there was no hope he will be seeing Nami. He hit the window as he saw the plane took off. I'm sorry Nami.....

He then called Sungjae to meet up, since Sungjae is in the class, he just texted him where and when to meet up.

 

***

 

"Hyung", Minwoo said, "Do you know Nami likes me?".

"Of course", Sungjae shrugged.

"Why don't you tell me?", Minwoo asked.

"You're with my sister", Sungjae said. "This is strange".

"What strange?", Minwoo asked again.

"You've been jerking around with two girls i loved, Nami and Tia", Sungjae said, "But I don't hate you".

"What should I do hyung?", Minwoo asked frustrated.

"Decide, be a man. Tia or Nami", Sungjae said. "As simple as that".

"I've chose Nami", Minwoo said in a low voice.

"Then, go to Tia and explain things to her", Sungjae said.

"I'm sorry hyung", Minwoo said.

"I've forgived you because I understand", Sungjae said, "But if you messing around with the two of them anymore, you'll be dead".

"I get it hyung", Minwoo said "Thank you".

 

***

 

As long as you're in China, Minwoo contacted you almost everyday. You tried to sound cheerful as usual but it came out fake. Sungjae even visited you once when he was on holiday. You felt happy and getting used to live in China, you don't mind if you spend the rest of your life there. It's just that, you still can't forget your feelings. If only you can turn back time, you swear to God that you won't help him to change, you choose to protect him instead. You won't care if he whined or begged you to change him, you'll refuse. You know you're selfish, but it was because you miss him very much.

 

***