Chapter 18

Bestfriend

 

(Narrator's POV)

 

he day of the festival is coming, the festival was a huge success. You’re the committee, you made yourself busy so you wouldn’t get to see Minwoo and Tia. But you quiet lonely though, since Sungjae is busier than you. He’s a time manager of the stage so he have to stay in the backstage and make sure all of the performers get to the stage on time.

You were safe until it was night. It was the time you have to perform. You have changed your clothes and you were already at the waiting room.

You were wearing those outfits, and suddenly someone knocked.

“It’s me”, Sungjae said.

“Come in oppa”, you said.

Sungjae pull a chair and sat in front of you. “You okay?”.

“No”, you shrugged.

“Alright just pretend that you are”, he said.

“Oh! Oppa you haven’t change your clothes?”, you asked.

“I’m going to, I want to check up on you first”, he said.

“Well….our performance is going to be fine”, you said.

“It’s not ours, it’s yours. Me and the others are just helping you”, he smiled.

“Okay then, just change your clothes! It’s almost the time”, you said.

“Hyukjin will call you when the time come”, Sungjae said and left the room.

You watched him out from  the room and you looked yourself in the mirror. You sighed. Everything is going to be allright.

”Nami!! It’s the time”, Hyukjin popped his head from the door.

You nodded and took the last glance of yourself in the mirror before you left the room.

 

***

 

“Now it’s time for a performance from Im Nami!!! Give her an applause!”, the presenter said and you walked to the stage.

“Good night”, you smiled. “Everyone was having a good times?”.

The crowd was cheering and you could see Minwoo from the distance, putting her arms around Tia  but you kept smiling.

“I was planning to perform my own song that I was working for the past six months..or so”, you grinned.

“But because of some reasons, I think It’s not a great time if I perform it tonight in this occasion”.

“So…instead of that, I will perform 2 songs tonight. The first song is Love Blossom by K.Will and I remake it a bit to match with my arrangement. And the second song is….surprise”, you grinned and the crowd was cheering again.

“I hope you enjoy my performance”, you said as you left the mic stand and walked to the piano.

You sang Love Blossom perfectly and the audience was enjoying it. And now the time for your ‘surprise’. You played an intro and the light turned off. The girls who was standing right in front of the stage screamed because they can see who was walking in.

You began to plaid an intro for BTOB’s Second Confession as the lights on. Sungjae, Ilhoon, Peniel, Eunkwang, Hyunsik, Minhyuk, and Changsub were ready on their positions.

All of them were performing second confession featuring you. You did the music and you sang too. Your performance was success. The crowd were enjoying it so much. Including Tia and Minwoo. In the end of the song there are ballons everywhere for the crowds.

“Not bad”, Tia shrugged.

“It was great”, Minwoo said. He was feeling something strange seeing you on the stage. He couldn’t take his eyes off of you even though there were Sungjae and friends. He always thinks that you are beautiful but he never seen you this mesmerizing. But something was bugging him, why you didn’t tell him about this performance and asked Sungjae for help instead.

You turned your head and saw Minwoo, you smiled to him. Minwoo came back to his sense and smile back to you.

“Thank you everyone”, you and the others said in unison as you left the stage.

“IT WAS A BIG SUCCESS!!”, Ilhoon screamed.

“I’m going to die”, Minhyuk said.

“We’re succeed hyung!”, Peniel said.

“I know…..It’s just that I’m so relieved”, Minhyuk said.

“Listen guys…..or oppas”, you grinned. “Thank you so much, for everything, really”.

“No problem, we’re happy to help”, Eunkwang said.

“Yess we had so much fun”, Changsub said.

“Hyung can rest here for 10 minutes but after that, all of you will have to go because other performer will be in this room”, Sungjae said and left. You bowed and followed Sungjae.

“Oppa”, you called him.

“Yes?”, he turned to you.

You tip toed and hugged him and that caught him a little by surprise. But he completely aware that was just a ‘thank you hug’.

“Thank you oppa, really. For everything”, you said.

“It’s okay, really”, he smiled. “And now if you excuse me I have a time to handle and I feel a little worry because I left my job to Hyukjin”.

“Oh of course”, you chuckled. “See you around”.

 

***

 

The festival nearly came to it’s end as the main performance walked to the stage. It was Apink. The crowd went crazy as they sang along with Apink. Until the last song ‘NoNoNo’, you herd someone called you from the walkie talkie.

“Nami-ah hope to report to the backstage, over”.

You quickly went to the backstage and found Sungjae waving at you.

“Want to see fireworks from the best place?”, he asked.

“I thought it was something important”, you exhaled.

“It is important!”, he said. “Let’s go”.

“Wait, but don’t you have to be here?”, you asked.

“My job is almost done”, he shrugged. “I’m sure Hyukjin can handle it”.

“Well…”, you said.

“Let’s go! The song is almost end”, he pulled your hand.

Both of you arrived at the rooftop. Since both of you are a main committee, you were getting an all access card. Sungjae led you to the other side of the rooftop.

“Here is the best place to watch fireworks”, he said.

“This is the place that you usually sleep”, you said.

He chuckled. “Yeah”.

You can hear Hayoung’s voice and then Namjoo’s. Then the fireworks started. You felt Sungjae put his arm around you but you let him. You let your guards down but you didn’t want to cry.

“Everything will be alright, Nami, I promised”, he said. “I promised you, even though I have graduated I will always by your side if you need me”.

You nodded, “But promise me one more thing”.

“Sure”, he said.

“Don’t you ever come to me if I burden you. Don’t gave up your appointment or your need for me”, you said.

“I won’t. I promise”, he said.

 

***

 

In other place Minwoo was watching fireworks with Tia. He was holding Tia, he was laughing with her but he felt something missing. He looked up to the sky and wondered where are you now, who are you with, do you watching the fireworks too right now. He couldn’t focus and kept searching you from his place but you were nowhere to be found. 

 

 

***