Chapter 14

Bestfriend

 

(Narrator's POV)

 

Days passed and just like that. Minwoo was getting closer to Tia, revenge he said. Days by days you’re getting more worried. But you make yourself busy with the upcoming festival at your school. You busy preparing the song with Ms. Kwon, and you’re in charge to lead the team of decorations for the festival.

You were busy painting the ornaments when you felt a cold surface on your cheeks. You quickly turned your head and saw Sungjae, you grinned.

“Hey”, he said and gave you the cold drink.

“Thanks”, you said and drank it. You didn’t know that he was observing you until you heard him chuckle. You turned your head to him and put in a questioning look.

“You would never do things neatly”, he said.

“Huh?”, you said.

Sungjae grabbed a tissue and pour a water into it. You didn’t understand and kept watching him. He then wiped your cheeks.

“Oooh”, when you realized what he meant. There are paints, on your cheeks, hands, feets, shoes, and your skirts.

“You want me to clean up all of those paints or you want to do it yourself?”, he said.

“Hehehe”, you took the tissue from him and clean up those paints.

“Hey, you supossed to be at the field right? Playing soccer?”, you asked.

“I was there”, he said.

“Was? Then what are you doing here?”, you asked.

“Can’t I? Besides, since I’m the president, I can do whatever I want. The coach is absent today, so i just told them to play a game, and then, I came here”, he said.

“You’re just a great president, aren’t you”, you said sarcastically.

“What? At least I’m a good friend for coming here to look after you and gave you that!”, he said pointed to the drink.

“Okay, okaay”, you said. “Minwoo is there right?”.

“Mmhm”, Sungjae nodded. “Relax, my sister hasn’t plan a thing to ask him out lately”.

You smiled, “Minwoo never told me again when Tia asked him out....so, I don’t know anymore”, you shrugged.

“Don’t worry”, Sungjae patted your head. “I’ll help you, I’ll be keeping my eyes on them”.

 

***

You were sitting with your friends in the cafeteria. There are Eunmi, Ahyoung, and Hyukjin. They are your close friends too, but not as close as Minwoo, and Sungjae, of course.

“So, after you broke up with Hyera, you’re not interested in girls anymore.....?”, you asked Hyukjin.

“Aigoo, what’s wrong with you?! Not that! I mean i’m not interested in the girls HERE, I’m going to wait for the new students, and I’ll be a cool senior that will be chased by juniors”, he said.

“Well......Hyukjinnie, you’re quiet handsome actually, but...cool? You’re not cool, at all”, Ahyoung said.

“What’s that supossed to mean?!”, Hyukjin said.

“You’re like the class clown, and you really can’t be called cool”, Eunmi said.

“Then who’s cool?! Minwoo??”, Hyukjin said.

“Yes”, Ahyoung and Eunmi said.

“It’s always him ever since he’s changing. Now, where is him?!”, Hyukjin said and then got hit by Ahyoung.

“What?!”, Hyukjin asked.

Eunmi hinted him to look at you. You were busy playing with your foods and not eating it. Your minds wnt blank.

“Aah...sorry”, Hyukjin whispered.

“Nami, he didn’t mean that way...”, Eunmi said.

“Hmmm, what?”, you asked as if nothing’s wrong.

“Okay then..”, Eunmi said. They knew that if you acted like there’s noting wrong, you didn’t want to talk about it.

Suddenly, someone sat beside you, to which suprisingly, It was Minwoo.

“Well...the missing kid is now back”, you shrugged and your friends chuckled nervously.

“Hi guys”, Minwoo said.

“Hi”, they said, still nervous.

“What’s wrong?”, Minwoo asked.

“Nothing, they were just talking about Hyukjin not having an interest in girls anymore”, you said.

“Aishhh i told you!!!!!!! I’ll wait for new students, then I’ll be a cool senior for them”, Hyukjin said proudly.

“Which will never happen....”, Ahyoung said.

“Yah!”, Hyukjin glared at her.

“I’ll help you”, Minwoo said.

“Seee?! The cool guy even wants to help me!”, he said.

“Teach him very well, Minwoo, please”, Ahyoung said.

‘I’ll try my best”, Minwoo grinned.

“Oh, I’m wondering how it feels like to be close with a junior Cruella”, Ahyoung asked.

Minwoo chuckled. “Not bad”, he said.

“I mean, how can you survive? I’m getting an allergic just by standing close to her...”, Ahyoung said.

“Hahahha you’re just exaggerating things..”, Minwoo shook his head.

“She’s not, I mean, I am a guy and I can’t stand with her noisy-girly-but-super-annoying laugh of her”, Hyukjin said.

“Are you a guy..?”, Eunmi said.

“YAH!”, Hyukjin said.

“Hahaha, calm down guys, she’s actually not that bad”, Minwoo said.

All of your friends are schocked. You? More shocked than ever.

“What.....?”, Ahyoung said in a very low volume.

You stared at him shocked, what did he just said.....?

 

***

 

 

 

I'm soooooooo sorry for not updating for ages, but I'm really busy with school, i had bunch of activities to do. Now I'm in a long holiday......and I hope i can update oftenly. Hehehehe cheers!