Chapter 20

Bestfriend

 

(Narrator's POV)

 

You phoned Sungjae last night and told him everything. He was insisted to come right away but you refused and  finally he gave up. He told that he will come after school but you refused again. You thought to call Minwoo too, but after all this time, with his disappearance, you're not sure. School day felt like the hardest thing today. Your parents had sent the letter to the court. You never felt this lonenly before, when you came home, it was only Darae there because your mom was taking care of some letters. Moving letters.

 

2 months later.

You were packing your stuff on the locker, actually you cleaned up your stuff from there. Your parents had officially divorced and your dad's company handle the reporters very well so at least for some moments, there will be no news of your parent's divorcement. You were going to move with your mother to her parent's house in China. Your grandparent's had move to China when you were 8 to focus on their traditional medicine shop. Minwoo's parents had known about it but you're not sure Minwoo knows too. He doesn't act like he knows anything.

 

After you finished cleaned up your locker, you headed to the nearby park to meet Sungjae. This time you couldn't refuse him. You sat on a bench and wait for him since you were early. You got bored and you decided to look around the park when suddenly you felt someone turn your body and hug you tightly. From the smell, you know it was Sungjae.

"Oppa....let go", you said with a low voice.

"I won't let go, you're not okay, stop pretending like you are", he said. 

You kept silnce until you felt tears started flowing and you hug him slowly. You cried in his embrace and he kept hugging you until you got calm. After you stopped crying he let go.

"Let's go to the bench", he said and you followed him.

"So you'll move tommorow?", he asked.

"Yes...", you said.

"Does Minwoo...?", he asked.

"I don't think so", you said.

"Since this is the last time I see you for a long time, let's go to the zoo!", he said, "If..you can".

You laughed, "I'd love to, but I can't. I have to packed up things in my room".

"Oh I see..", he scratched his head.

"But a lunch will do", you grinned.

"Aish....okay then, let's go!", he said. "Just put your stuff in my car, I'll ride you home later".

 

***

 

"I'll visit you when I'm on holiday", Sungjae said.

"You don't have to", you said.

"Still, I want to visit you", he said.

"Oppa", you said.

"Hmm", he answered.

"Thank you", you said.

"You don't have to thank me actually, I volunteered", he shrugged. "Here we are".

The car stopped and you gathered your stuff from the back seat. You were about to get out from the car when Sungjae called your name.

"I'm sorry If I became a burden to you", he said.

"Burden?!", you asked, "I am a burden to you".

"No, listen. I liked you and I did forced my feelings to you and It wasn't good", he said.

"It's okay....we became like this it's because your forced feelings right? I should be grateful", you said.

"Oh! And I....I met a girl", he said.

"Really?!", you asked excitedly.

"Yeah...I saw her in one of my classes, I don't know her name yet", he said shyly.

"Stupid! You're in the same class with her!", you said.

"I was daydreaming when the teacher asked her to do one of the problems on the board! That was the first time I saw her", he defended himself.

"On the next class you have to know her name and tell me about her", you said. "But.....how does she looked like?".

"Skinny, white skin, brown eyes, thick lips, small face, tall, and her hair looks like Apink Naeun's", he said.

"Typical korean girl", you said.

"Indeed but what impress me is she can solve that problem in a glance", he said.

"Aaah smart girl", you nodded.

"And she doesn't have an aegyo", he said.

"She's different", you nodded again.

"Yes, that's why", he said.

"The important thing is you have to tell me every move you make", you told him.

"Okaay okaay", he said.

"Well I guess goodbye?", you said.

"What time is your flight?", he asked.

"8AM", you said.

"Yes this is goodbye", he laughed. "I have a class at that time tommorow".

"Well then", you hugged him.

"Always remember me!", he shouted from the car.

"I will, be careful", you waved your hand and got into the house.

 

***