A New Boy?

Bestfriend

(Narrator's POV)

 

"Nami!! Nami!! Come here a second!", your mom called you.

"What is it mom? I'm eating", you said chewing on your bread.

"Look! Is that your new boyfriend? He seems cool", your mom pointed at a boy outside trough the window.

"What?", you laughed. "Mom, that's Minwoo!".

"Minwoo?! Omo....he changed his hairstyle?", your mom asked.

"Mmhm, what is that, you can even recognize your son?", you said.

"Ah...It's not like that...maybe it's because he only shows his back", your mom said.

"Alright, then if you don't mind, i would like to continue eating my breakfast", you said.

"Oh! Of course! Just eat your breakfast, i'll invite Minwoo inside", your mom said.

"Mom, good morning", Minwoo bowed as your mom opened the door.

"Omo...good morning!!! Look at you!!! You're so handsome!!! All the girls at school must be targeting on you!", your mom said as you chocked.

"Mom! Don't say things like that! He might get frightened", you said.

"Oh? Frightened of what?", your mom asked.

"That's right...It will be a little uncomfortable for me", Minwoo said.

"Really? That's weird....a teenager like you is supossed to be in love", your mom took a seat in front of you while Minwoo sat beside you.

"Mom...what are you talking about?", you said.

"Except.....", your mom said.

"What? What? Except what?", you asked while Minwoo just waitedyour mom to continue.

"You're not gay arent' you?!?!", your mom snapped at Minwoo.

"What?!", you and Minwoo said in unison and with a shocked expression.

"O-Of course not!!! I still like girls, b-but i just don't like to be surrounded by many of them...they are just so noisy sometimes...", Minwoo said.

"Yah, Mom, how could you said that? Our Minwoo is still a normal guy aish...', you said.

"Well that's good then", your mom said.

"Don't talk such a nonsense like that anymore", you said.

"I said that because I'm just worried", your mom said.

"Worried of what?", you asked.

"These days....It's just getting unbelievable", your mom said.

"What?", you asked.

"Nothing, just eat your breakfast. I'll be at the kitchen waashing dishes if you need me", your mom said.

"Really...", you mumbled.

"Where's your dad anyway?", Minwoo asked.

"He's in Japan. He left early this morning. He's getting busier and busier", you said.

"Aah..I see. Hurry up, let's go to school", Minwoo said.

"Okay okay...", you said.

 

***

 

"Why? You're nervous?", you asked Minwoo as you saw his expression.

"Uh? N-no", he said.

"Ah come on, you're the one who wanted to change. So let's go!", you linked your hand to his.

As you walk by, the girls- as expected whispering and admiring Minwoo. Minwoo actually looked uncomfortable but you just held your smile. You dragged Minwoo to the classrom and your gaze met with a-suprised-and-shocked-face Tia.

"I-Is that...", Tia said.

"Yeah, this is MY Minwoo", you said and you can say Tia was really shocked.

"This is interesting", you whispered to Minwoo as you two sat.

"What interesting...? I'm scared", he said.

"Scared?", you chuckled. "You're going to get used to it soon".

 

***

 

It took a long time for Minwoo to get used to all of it. But now, being the new 'kingka' in the school, Minwoo received a lot of gifts. At first, he didn't know how to deal with it, but he will receive it and say thanks before explaining things so the girls won't misunderstood at his attitude towards them as affection now.

Sungjae really changed, but you're not quiet sure with Tia. Because you can see clearly Tia's eye gaze is different towards you.....and Minwoo. You sense something will go wrong but you just let it go. 

You accidentally met Sungjae at the hallway and he waved at you. You waved back and approached him. 

"Hi, what have you been doing?", you asked.

"Good, I've been good", he said.

"Still racing?", you asked.

"Well....that's kinda like my routine now", he said. "Wow.....your bestfriend seems like so popular right now, more than me".

"Yeah...who knows he could be that handsome", you said. "He have rejected five girls this week aigoo".

"Woah that was daebak...", Sungjae said.

"Yeah...Oh! I've got to go now! Bye oppa, see you around", you waved at Sungjae. Yes, you've been calling him oppa with sincerity since your date. But you're doing that because now you saw him as a real guy who's older than you. Not a regular jerk anymore, and not because you have feelings for him.

"Minwoo-ah really can't?", you heard Tia's voice on your classroom and you quickly get into the classrom and approached them. 

"What can't?", you asked Minwoo.

"It's not your business", Tia said.

"She.....asked me to teach her chemistry on Saturday, but I really can't. I've to go to Yongin to my grandparents house", Minwoo said.

You chuckled. "Listen, Minwoo, my cute mickey. Even if you're free, you should say no to her", you smiled at Minwoo who's grinning and you glared at Tia.

"Who are you? His mom?!", Tia annoyed.

You chuckled again, couldn't believe of this girl's behavior. "Excuse me, but, I'm the one who should be asking that. Oh and I'm not his mom, I'm a bestfriend of his for like....12 years. And his parents is my parents and so do my parents to him. We're family and who are you again...?", you said.

"Ugh!", Tia said and left both of you to her desk.

"Guess she would never change like her brother did", Minwoo said.

"Yeah. I just can't believe there's a girl like her", you rolled your eyes.

And yes...Minwoo and Sungjae are friends now. They will play soccer after school together since they're in a same club. Minwoo still in science club but decided that he have to do some sports so he joined soccer club, and Sungjae is the president of the club.

"Oh..how's your project go?", Minwoo asked.

'What? The song for the festival?", you asked.

"Yeah, what else? Except you hide things from me again...", Minwoo glared at you.

"No! of course not....", you said. "We're arranging the music now, It's not complete yet", you said.

"Can i hear?", Minwoo asked.

"No!", you said. "It's a surprise". 

"What.....?", he said.

"But I will give you a credit', you said.

"Huh? A credit? For what?", he asked.

"Well....just see", you said.

"This girl is really....", Minwoo shook his head.

 

***