Chapter 3 : A Step Back in Time Part 1

It's Fate that Playing with Us 2

 

-One year ago-

“Miss Jessica,” she stopped almost instantly upon hearing the maid’s concerned voice. She had been followed around by this maid over the past few weeks. Turning around, Jessica tiredly said, “Lily, you don’t need to keep accompanying me. I’m fine by myself.”

“But, Young Master Yunho had leave an order that wherever Miss Jessica go, I and the security guards will be there,” Lily the thirteen years old maid said.

Looking at the number of security guards around Jessica sighed as she knows there’s no way she can escaped this group of people.

“Can’t you just stay still and finish the day off peacefully?” a guy around his early twenties approached Jessica from behind. “There’re only three hours left after all.”

“Just like what you said, three hours before school ends,” Jessica weakly turned face to face Yunho, “Can’t I just leave earlier today?”

Reaching his arm over her cheek, he gently rubs on it, “Jessica, you do know your health condition very well. You can’t be going the theme park now, is winter and the breeze out there will easily hurt you.” Holding on her hand, he frowned, “See, your hand is like icy cold, face pale as if not enough blood.”

“Yunho oppa, you do know very well that if I don’t go today, I might not be able to see omma forever,” tears welling in her eyes as Yunho turned away not even having a thought of allowing her to leave.

Almost half a minute dead silent had passed by, knowing that Jessica was about to plead him again, he turned around and handed her a phone. “I’m telling you now, if you don’t answer my call, you’ll be dead meat.”

A wide smile emerged in her face, “Thank you oppa, I’ll be back very soon.”

-Magic World-

Pacing fast ahead the Ferris wheel whilst looking down at her watch, Jessica was oblivious there was a person heading fast in her approaching direction. A light bump almost made Jessica fall flatly on floor. Fortunately, the person she bumped into reacts instinctively; surround her waist with his arm, he secured her in his arm from falling.

“Miss, are you alright?” he was rather shocked upon seeing the pale face of hers.

Nodding her head abruptly, Jessica uttered shyly, “Yeah I’m fine…” she was blushing heavily.

Frowning, he felt he have once seen her somewhere. “Have we met before? You look familiar…”

Turning her head to the left a little, Jessica avoid having any close eye contact with him. “Mr. Kwon, I was one of the participants in the business seminar you held in our school last month.”

“Right, you’re that one person who gets to answer all my questions correctly with first attempt,” he smiled. “Kwon Yuri, nice to meet you,” he stretched out his hand expecting for a handshake.

Holding on his hand, Jessica face was completely red by now. She can’t help but to feel her heart beats real fast as if it is bounding out anytime soon. “Jessica Jung…”

“Are you sick?” Yuri placed his hand on her forehead. “You look so pale.”

Uneasily, she turned her head a little, “I…actually...”

“Jessica,” she turned around in shocked upon hearing the loud shriek. Yuri to a little surprised, he jerk his head from Jessica and have a peek.

“Seohyun, why are you here?” she looked around, “Where’s omma?”

Gasping for air, Seohyun hardly get to speaks clearly, “Omma…she, was involved in a car accident on her way here. She is now in the hospital, unnie quick, come with me.”

Jessica was stunned upon hearing what Seohyun just said. It takes her as if forever to digest her words. Perhaps, that’s a way of her in lying to herself it was just an illusion, not true. Standing by her side, although they have just known each other not too long but Yuri could see she’s about to collapse anytime soon.

“Miss Jung, I’ll drive you there…” he held on her arm and leads her to the car park.

Once Yuri pulls to a break as they reached the entrance of the emergency ward, Jessica hopped out the car without looking left right. She can’t be bothered is there any car that will knock against her. All the things in her mind now, were only her beloved mother. Making her way down the emergency ward, Jessica can’t help but to let the tears enter her eyes. Upon seeing Yunho’s back view, she ran towards him. Didn’t know why, by just looking his back view, it gives her a bad feeling. Never has this feeling come to her in the past. She feels something precious of hers, is about to get loose off her grip no matter how hard she clutched onto it.

“Yunho oppa,” her weak voice woke him from trance. The moment he turned around to face Jessica before him, he can’t help but to let a drip of tear fall out his eye. “Jessica,” he reached for her hand. “Auntie, she was hit by the…truck, badly. By the time she was rushed here, she had her last…”

“Shut up,” Jessica cut him off with a miserable scream. Feared by her sudden outburst which she rarely will, Yunho reached his hand out for hers, “Jessica, calm down, you’ll hurt…”

Again, Jessica hysterically pushed Yunho off, “How am I suppose to be calm when my mother had just gone without even saying one last word to me!” the hysteria filled in her had frightened almost all the people in the emergency ward. “You tell me,” she continuously hits on Yunho’s chest.

“Don’t be like this,” Yunho tries offering everything that he could to console this girl in his arms. “Auntie wouldn’t want to see you in this state; she won’t be able to leave in relieve.

“I don’t want her to leave,” Jessica drop her knees on floor before collapsing her body to the side. Yuri who stood by the side all the while ran towards her upon seeing her collapsing. “You need to be strong or you’ll definitely live a miserable life.”

Leaning her head against his chest, she can’t help but to cry unstoppably.

-

Time flew swiftly passed as half a year had passed. All this months, Yuri and Jessica had became close, a very close pair of friend. No one can imagine the both of them without each other. Right to this point, Jessica knows Yuri know nothing about her but only an understanding that, she’s none other than the renowned Electronic Label Samsung owner, Jung Young Min’s only daughter. He clearly knows she hates her family a lot. She hated the way her father had controlled her, the way he had arranged her life orderly. Ever since the first day she came to this world, there’s not a thing in her life she had make a decision by herself. Even her best friend was him who introduced her. Though this friend was the only decision of her dad that she has never came to hate for this friend of hers had became her listener and understands her for ages.

As for Yuri, he himself didn’t know the exact cause that had made him keep Jessica accompany to Hokkaido here. Perhaps this was another way of his in erasing Gyuri from his memory. The first time meeting Jessica, she gave Yuri a warm feeling of Gyuri. He clearly knows he can’t make Jessica as Gyuri’s replacement in his heart, he don’t intend too. But he just can’t find the answer to why he is here with Jessica, a girl he coincidently bumped into. The death of her mother perhaps was one of the reasons to why he is here with her. But definitely was not the main reason. Having his family business collapsing soon as his father’s health worsen as day passed, his mother had been stressing him out badly this past days. It has never come to his mind that she would ask such question. On one fine night, the both were having a walk nearby a beach. Jessica all of a sudden gave him a question that he unexpected her to ask.

“Why wouldn’t you ask about my past? Is it because you just see me as nobody but only a normal friend who you don’t really need?” Jessica lowered her head upon finishing the question. It was then that Yuri knows or rather should be described as suspect Jessica do has a feeling for him. A feeling which had go beyond friend, nevertheless, it was the view of his which he hoped to be wrong.

“I didn’t need to have to ask as, if you want me to know and ready for me to know,” he turned to face her directly, “You’ll tell me.” He said it as a matter of fact. Deep inside, Jessica isn’t ready for him to know. All her life, only her mother, her only best friend and Yunho, these three people clearly know her. It was these three people who accompanied her through these 22 years.

Looking away, Jessica avoid having Yuri to see the tears entering her eyes. “Then, why didn’t you tell me about yourself? Am I not good enough to share the thoughts deep in your heart?”

With this question, Yuri clearly knows, Jessica had developed a feeling for him. “Jessica, what do you want to know? My past, my ex girlfriend which up to this point I still can’t forget and let go those bunch of memories?”

“That was the reason why you can’t accept me,” she weakly stood up and turned her way towards the hotel. By now, the tears in her eyes can no longer being kept as it frenziedly streamed down her face.

“Jessica,” he grabbed hold on her wrist then turned her around to face her before him. “I mean, I don’t want to make you as her replacement. Can we just let time to make the decision?”

“What do you mean? Time, what time can decide for us?” Jessica was about to make her move again before Yuri able to pulled her back.

“I still need some time to sort things out. Ever since she stepped out from my life, there’s not a day I can, not think of her.” He seated on the concrete bench, “I’m sure you know who Jung Jae Su is, the tycoon of tile manufacturing. He had always wanted me to heir his family business once I graduate. But that doesn’t mean that path was what I wanted.” Covering his face with both his palms, “Gyuri, she had gone through a terrible time with me. Aside from having the pressure from her family financial problem, the pressure was added on by my family.”

“She’s nothing but only an ordinary girl?” Jessica asked.

Silence took over for almost a minute before Yuri spoke again. “It might because of this ordinary, frets of nothing even if the sky about to fall on her head behavior that had made me fall deeply in love.”

“How did a love so strong that no one can come between it, could shatter into pieces?”

Yuri sighed, “I don’t know either. Somewhere down the road, perhaps Gyuri and I could meet again and this time perhaps our love could be stronger ever.” Placing his hand on her shoulder, he gives a squeeze on it as she looked up to him. “You said I didn’t ask anything about you…that’s because, I had known everything. By asking you, you would cry a million times that your eyes will turn puffy. What’s the point of asking you?”

Jessica rolled her eyes agitatedly, “That’s really cruel, and I didn’t know you’re good at that.”

“There’s many ways of finding answer to certain things,” Yuri pointed out. “Aren’t you and Yunho make a perfect pair?” he stood before her with his knees bent to her eye level and teased jokingly.

“How did you know?” Jessica was rather taken aback to know that Yuri knows Yunho and her have an arranged marriage.

“And that gives you the answer to what I’ve just said,” Yuri paced off her with his hands tug in his pants pockets.

“He gets someone to check on me?” her voice trails off. “Hey, Kwon Yuri,” she runs up to him.

“So are you planning to be an ignorant to this marriage or you‘ll is obedient…”