Chapter 10 : Till the End of Time...I want to Grow Old with You Part 2

It's Fate that Playing with Us 2

-Emergency Ward-

Running towards the direction of the entrance to the emergency ward, Taeyeon bumped into a few persons in his approaching way. Upon seeing Hyoyeon seated on the bench, Taeyeon ran up to him. Pulling Hyoyeon up, his hold on his shoulders was tight. Hyoyeon could feel his hands shivering.

“Don’t worry,” Hyoyeon try to calm him down. “I think she fainted due to the nights of not sleeping.” He looked at Taeyeon from head to toe. Taeyeon was still wearing the house slipper, he might came here in rush, he thought.

Taeyeon felt like a knife stab on his heart “She did not sleep for nights?”

“Yeah, just to finish the… I think you know about it better than I do.”

As the doctor in charge came out, Taeyeon ran up to him. “How is my wife? Is she okay?”

“You’re…Tiffany Hwang’s relative?” the doctor asked.

“I’m her husband,” Taeyeon said. “How is my wife doing?”

Flipping through the report, he asked, “By any chance, do you know that your wife is in her 8 weeks pregnancy?”

“Tiffany is pregnant?” Hyoyeon mouth formed a huge o.

Shaking his head in confusion, Taeyeon uttered, “I don’t know any of that, she didn’t mention about that…”

“As the closest person to her, you ought to be alert with her every change. During the pregnancy, she would be short tempered, feeling sick of certain smell, and this period of time is the easiest to miscarriage.” The doctor said then continues, “She was lucky, but from now on, you seriously need to be very careful as she might leads to miscarriage.”

“I will, can I see her,”

-

“Jessica Jung,” a girl in her early twenty, she knocked on the table. Jessica halted eating and looked up to her. “You are?”

“Do you know Kwon Yuri?”

“I’m his fiancée,” Jessica said. “What’s the matter,” she got up from her seat.

“Fiancée, you’re not engaged yet,” she sneered. “I’m Gyuri, his true love. Don’t you ever dare to approach Yuri! I’m warning you!” receiving no respond, Gyuri continues, “Bear in mind, he only loves me. Until this very minute, the person Kwon Yuri love the most is still me, Park Gyuri.”

Looking away, Jessica holds back her tears, “No one could affect his decision. Whether he’ll choose you or not, it falls on his hands and I’ve no intention in changing his mind or do I want to cling on him not letting him go.” Picking up her bag, she said barely above a whisper, “So stop bothering me…”

“You,” she raised her hand about to slap Jessica. Luckily, Jessica get to react in time as she grabbed hold on her wrist upon seeing her hand coming across.

Tilting her head over her shoulder, she sees Yuri. Immediately she changed, “Ouch…Jessica shi, I know you hated me a lot. But I can’t help it, is Yuri’s decision…it’s pointless to slap me.”

Jessica’s eyes widened as she was unsure to why Gyuri is reacting in this way. The moment he sees Yuri approaching, she begins to understand.

“Gyuri, are you alright?” Yuri held on her arms before shooting a glistening glare to Jessica. “Why did you do that? She did nothing wrong and it was you who opted this way.”

“Kwon Yuri, don’t you believe me?” Jessica’s lips were quivering.

“I don’t understand why you did that…”

Yunho who just came out from the washroom immediately ran up to Jessica. “What happened, did she do anything to you?”

“I was the one being slapped here,” Gyuri howled.

“Let’s go,” Yuri lead Gyuri towards the exit but halted upon hearing Jessica.

“You can be really stupid at times,” Jessica can no longer restrain her tears as it drenched her face. “After all this time we have, don’t you know what type of person I am?”

Yuri held firm on Gyuri’s hand and walked out from the restaurant leaving Jessica in tears. He just needed to sort things out.

-

Wrapping her palm with both his hands, he brought it up to his face. “Tiffany, I’m sorry…”

After minutes of mumbling, Tiffany eyes gradually opened to see Taeyeon’s worried face of expression. “How come you’re here? Where am I?”

Pulling her up into his embracement, “You silly, why didn’t you tell me you’re pregnant? You caused me almost killed our child.” He tightened his arms as she struggles to loosen him.

“What pregnant, didn’t I made it clear that it was Jessica’s result of checkup?” she frowned still trying hard to push Taeyeon off. Her voice gradually rose.

“Calm down,” Taeyeon rubs on her palm. “You fainted just now, Hyoyeon send you in. The doctor had clarified that you’re in 8 weeks pregnancy.”

“I’m pregnant,” Tiffany touched on her little tummy.

“Come back, it’s time to come home,” Taeyeon nuzzled his nose with hers. “You have no idea how much I missed you, how lonely I was without your present in that huge mansion that filled with coldness.”

Slightly pushed against his chest, “Didn’t you say divorce, why haven’t you filed me a law letter? Waiting for me to do it?” she pouted.

Securing his arms around her again though she kept struggling, Taeyeon lowered his voice, almost a whisper “I was overwhelmed by anger in that time. And that Jonghyun guy was there so I get really irritated. I will never want a divorce, it took me long enough time to occupy your heart completely, how could do that.”

“But you said it…”

“That’s because…” receiving nothing but to see Tiffany looking away, he sighed, “I surrender. I can’t think of any better words to prove that I blurted that out without my conscious. All I know is, until the end of time, I still want to be with you. I still want you to be the one next to me when I’m old with wrinkles filled on my face. I still want to have my hand interlocked with yours, till the very end of time.”

“Taeyeon…” she can’t help but to cry again. “I believe you…”

Resting his forehead on hers, he admitted he was tired, “Let’s not quarrel over a small matter anymore. No matter what is that that dissatisfy us, we need to pour it out.”

“Promise…” she pecked on his lips.

Suddenly, Tiffany’s phone rings. Taeyeon answered the call, “Yunho…you can’t find Jessica? I’ll be right there.”

“Jessica disappeared?” Tiffany frowned concernedly.

“She get into a fight with Gyuri and Yuri then left without informing Yunho,” Taeyeon said.

“I need to go find her,” Tiffany get out from her ward bed and bare foot stepped on floor.

Seeing the worried in her face, then the foot that stepping on the freezing floor, Taeyeon agitatedly carried her up a little then made her stepped on his foot. “Babo, you’re pregnant…have you forgotten about it?”

“Jessica might be in danger, I need to go find her,” Tiffany wears on the slipper and making her way towards the closet but was stopped as Taeyeon hugged her firmly from behind.

“Tiffany Kim, I begged you not to get involved with their relation anymore,” he pleaded. Whispering through her hair into her ear, “You’ve not sleep for two nights due to office work and aside of that, you care about Yuri and Jessica that you go back and forth to her house. She has Yunho. If you are to get yourself so pressure and busy, you will lead to miscarriage you know.”

“I will be careful,” she turned her head to see Taeyeon rested his chin on her shoulder. She held on his face, “I promise nothing will happen.”

“No,” Taeyeon was firm this time. “I know I’m being selfish here. But just let me be for once, just this time. It’s for our baby, for our future. Let me take care of it and you stay still here and have good rest.”

“Taeyeon…”

“I’ll make sure Jessica will be home safe and sound. In fact, she might go to some friend’s house.” Taeyeon try to soothe Tiffany. “Jessica is no longer a little kid.”

Feeling sad for Jessica, Tiffany said, “She might feel really sad right now. Gyuri finally had returned.”

“Something which you had worried all this time,” Taeyeon said.

“Wait, Jessica might go to Yoona’s place. Other than me and Yunho, Yoona’s is the only person she would find.” Tiffany recalled.

-

“Yoona, I’m such a useless human,” Jessica looked up to the ceiling to avoid having her tears flow down once again. “What should I do?”

“You have not told him, how you would know,” Yoona looked over to Jessica. “Are you planning to leave and escaped all this forever, like you used to be?”

She nodded her head, restlessly, “That’s the only thing I’m good in, I guess.” Forcing out a bitter laugh, she admitted, “There’s nothing left here that could hold me back. Perhaps, I shouldn’t have returned home from America. How good if I’ve not bumped into him, never I’ve persistent in having him opening his heart for me.”

Bringing her into her arms, the pain in Jessica’s heart can easily be seen. Yoona patted her head, “You’ve made your final decision?”

“This is for the best, for the both of us” Jessica uttered tiredly. She was tired with her unconditional love towards Yuri which had nothing in return. “In fact, he was true to me at the very first place. He never wants accepting me because he still has Gyuri his heart.”

“Does Tiffany know about your leaving?” Yoona asked.

She shook her head, “No, I don’t want her to know. She might storm into Yuri’s apartment and beat him up, given her attitude.”

‘ding dong’

“I’ll go get the door,” Yoona paced towards the door direction. “Yunho, Taeyeon…”

Jessica turned around to see them stood by the doorway. “You two…”

-

“Yuri,” Gyuri grabbed hold on both his hands whilst he still staring at one point. “Can we still get back to the point where we first started? You still love me, don’t you?”

Withdrawing his hands from hers, he slipped into his pants pocket and turned around to have his back within Gyuri’s sight. “I thought it was like how you said…but I was wrong, terribly wrong.”

Feeling her heart throbbing fast, the words trembled out, “What do you mean?”

“Ever since you leaved, I’ve always locked my heart not intending to have other people to enter it without my approval as I still love you, deeply.” It made Gyuri relieved a little to hear that. However, it stabbed her heart when Yuri said, “But I never thought Jessica could step into my heart ever so easily. And I never thought I would open my heart for her without my conscious.” Turning around to face Gyuri, “The reason you came back, was it because I’m back to Kwon Holdings? Willing to be the heir to my dad’s businesses?” he confronted. Seeing the atmosphere turned completely tensed, Yuri uttered, “I just need to know,”

“I’m sorry,” Gyuri have her knees down. “It was my entire fault to leave you four years ago. Back then, I was insecure to see you leave Kwon Holdings because of me. You were willing to let go all that for me, and that your dad approached me with that amount…I just can’t stay by your side.” She cried.

Squatting down by her side, he lifted her chin and looks into her eyes, “Gyuri, is this call love? Do you really love me?”

Shaking her head aggressively, she was confused, “I don’t know. I just needed someone who could really be my shelter, a safe shelter. I can’t be following mother’s footsteps.”

“For a wealthy life, you choose me over Eunhyuk,” shaking her shoulders, gently “Wake up, be true to yourself and go after the person you truly loves. That person ain’t me.”

“Yuri…”

-

Opening the door and closed it behind him before bringing up his head to see Tiffany with Taeyeon, Yuri stood before the door, “How are you, dying already?”

“I’ll go to the canteen grabbed a snack,” Taeyeon whispered to Tiffany then paced towards Yuri’s direction, “talk for awhile…”

Seeing Taeyeon leaved the ward, he walked up to Tiffany and seated beside her. “Will becoming a mother soon, it’s time for you to change that bad tempered of yours,” he gently touched on her little tummy. “Eight weeks…”

“Here, I’m not the only one welcoming a new life into my family,” Tiffany hinted.

“What do you mean?” Yuri dumbly asked, not understanding what the meaning behind Tiffany’s statement is.

“You really don’t know, aren’t you?” Tiffany looked over to the confused Yuri. “Before that, I need you to tell me the truth. Have you made your decision, Gyuri or Jessica?”

“Gyuri is only a past in my life,” Yuri admitted as he helped Tiffany down to pace to the couch. “As for Jessica, she’s my brand new future. It’s sad to admit that, she was the one that pulled me out from darkness. Made me realized, Gyuri doesn’t really love me and that I was only someone who could guarantee her a calm life.”

Sighing, Tiffany felt he ought to know the truth, “Do you know, before I know about my pregnancy, I know about Jessica’s.”

“Jessica,” Yuri raised his voice a little. “Are you trying to say Jessica’s pregnant?”

“It should be two and a half months by now,” Tiffany estimated.

Having thousand of questions gushing through his mind, Yuri was completely blurred to what’s happening in his surroundings. “She didn’t tell me anything…”

“She planned too, Ferris wheel,” Tiffany reminded him. Then only Yuri realized what he said to Jessica about his perception on kids. “I never thought she was serious in that question and I just simply answered her.”

“That described how important her questions to you. Sometime I wonder, do you really love Jessica?” Tiffany finally asked the unanswered question that filled in her heart all this while. “When she asked you to make a wish, you were thinking Gyuri, didn’t you?”

“How do you know?”

“You should ask how Jessica know,” Tiffany corrected him. “Actually, each and every minute to what you’re thinking, Jessica can clearly read it through your eyes. I don’t know how to explain it but this is her special ability to be able to read one’s thoughts.”

At that point, Yuri can’t utter a word. He just stood still not knowing what ought to be done.

“In six months time, you’ll become a father,” Tiffany sighed. “Giving you a chance, Jessica will be leaving to America in two hours time. It’s never too late to go after her now; you know her heart very well.”

“She’s leaving,” he held on Tiffany’s shoulders. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier but kept lecturing me!” he abruptly take his steps towards the exit. He was so fast that almost bumped into Taeyeon.

“Hey dude, watch your steps,” Taeyeon held on his arms. “Where are you going in such a rush?”

Pushing Taeyeon away, Yuri babbled, “Can you and your wife stop coming into my way!”

“What’s up with him?” Taeyeon raised his brow.

Shrugging her shoulders, she walked up to Taeyeon, “I just told him what I should.”

“And that he’s going to the airport now,” Taeyeon wrapped his arms around his wife. “Should we go watch the ending of this movie since we have not missed any moment of theirs?”

“Aren’t you grounding me in this safe place?”

“I’ll give you a break once in awhile,” he kissed the tip of her nose. “Let’s get moving…”

-

Running into the airport, Yuri scanned through the huge number of people. He wonders how he could be able to find Jessica when there are so many people. Suddenly, he received a text message from Yunho.

It says, ‘Gate 42…’

Almost instantly, Yuri runs up to the main departure gate to see Jessica heading down towards Gate 42. He was about to shout out her name, but he just can’t catch his breath. Taking in a deep breath, he called out her name. “Jessica Jung,” it sounded so loud that everyone averted their eyes to Yuri’s direction.

Jessica turned around to see Yuri having his hands on the knees. “Yuri…how come…”

Seeing their distance decreasing as Yuri step by step walking up to her, Jessica can’t help but to step back a little. Grabbing hold on her wrist, he pulled her into his arms. “Never leave me alone. I won’t be able to move on anymore if you are doing this to me, repeating my nightmare.”

“The one you really need is Gyuri,” Jessica uttered with a tear dropped on his shoulder. Bringing up her arms to his shoulders, she tried pulling him off her. “You’d chosen when you leaved the restaurant that day.”

Tightens his embracement, he secured her strongly in his arms. “No, that’s not it. In that time, I just needed some time to sort out my feelings to be able to make a right decision.” Pulling her off him, he stares into her eyes, “I know you can read my mind. I’m telling you Jessica Jung, the one I really love was you. Maybe in the past, she was the one I love. But without my knowing, you had changed me completely. You made me fall for you and want to grow old with you.”

“Yuri…did Tiffany told you about my pregnancy,” Jessica still doubted, though she could reads it. “I don’t need your responsibility for us. All I want is you to choose the right one and be happy.”

“Still you don’t believe me, aren’t you,” Yuri asked. “How should I prove myself, tell me. Jessica, I love you. Day and night I’ve always have you in my mind. That’s not what I wanted but you just wouldn’t leave my mind.”

Jessica remained silent.

“I want to grow old with you,” Yuri sealed her lips. “Will you give me this one last chance; I’ll leave if you refuse.”

A crept in her face, “Let’s interlocked this hand, till our hair grow white,” she slipped her hand into his, letting their fingers interlocked together.

He smile before hugging her and turn her in circle. “I love you, Jessica Jung. Only you…”

“Enough with it, everyone is watching…”

“Who cares…”

About meters away from them, stood a pair lovely husband wife watching over them since the very first place. Gradually, Tiffany slipped into Taeyeon’s hand. Holding tightly on whilst looking into each other eye with faith in it, they smiled.

“I just learned a new line,” Taeyeon turned Tiffany to stand before him. He bend a little to share a same eye level, he looks into her hazel eyes, “Till the end of time…I still want to grow old with you, forever ever.”

Tiffany chuckled “with this…” she placed her hand on her stomach.

Taeyeon nodded, “Yeah…with this new life of ours.” He too held on the hand she had just placed. “We still have a long road to go, but I’m sure it is filled bright,” he leads her to the exit direction.

“Bright…you’ll never know,” Tiffany said sneeringly.

“I just know,” Taeyeon open the car door then look at Tiffany. “Because our matchmaker, Donghae will be looking over us.”

“With lights,” Tiffany chuckled before sitting at the passenger seat.

“Yeah, with lights…” Taeyeon helped her to wears on the safety belt then stole a kiss on her lips.

The End