Bubye summer... TT

peanut butter vs marmalade

author's note!!!

Whenever Maridien with her family, she talk in Korean. There are some English word that she used. English would be in Itallic.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

(3rd POV)

Meridien safely arrived at New York that night. The family chauffeur had take her home from the airport. As soon as the car was parked in front of the main door, she quickly jumped out from the car and grabbed her bag before the butler do so.

"Let me take your baggage to your room, Miss," the butler said while extend his hand to the bag. But, Maridien quickly slap the butler's hand lightly before the hand could touch her bag.

"Ajusshi, do you had forget my style?? How many times that I'd told you I have my own hands and they are perfectly fine. Bringing this bag into the house will not make my hands to fall off," she said while smiling. Although Maridien is kinda spoil child, but she would never allowed her action to bring trouble to others. That is just her. She then entered the mansion while swinging her bag on her side leaving the butler to smile alone with her sweet character.

 

(Maridien POV)

"Omma... Omma???" I called my mum a few times then I smelled something sweet. It was sweet and sour smell tingling together bring a perfect smell to my nose. My mouth croaked into smile, orange marmalade. I knew just where to find her. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mother was stirring the marmalade on the stove. I decided to play a little naughty thus, I sneaked upon behind my mother. The cooks were giggling when they saw what am I up to do but I quickly put my up to my mouth signaling them to be quiet. Then..

"OMMA!!!!," I screamed.

My mum jump off on her feet and turn around at me. Without wasting a second, she smacked me right on the head. oww...

"Omma, is that how you greet your daughter?? It's hurt..." I pouted sadly knowing that she just do that because she was startled by me.

"Omo, honey, why did you do that?? You knew that I would hit people if I got startled. It's my reflex after all these years learning karate. Is it hurt?? Let me take a look," my mum said with full concern and look at my head.

"It's okay mum, I already knew you would do that so I was mind preparing bout it, so it was not so hurt. Melissa sent her regard. She could not tag with because she had to retake a lecture. By the way, where's Appa and Unnie?? I didn't noticed them when I came here," I asked my mother.

My mother nodded indicating that she understand Melissa's situation. " Your Appa was still at the office, he had a walk away tomorrow. His project. And your sister still not come back from her lab," my mother answered at the same time, she opened her apron and put it on the counter. "Now, go to your room and cleaned yourself. Your father will come back any time soon and we would discuss the matter together," my mother said sweetly while patting my head lightly.

I ran into my room and took a hot bath. It was a really long time ago I took a hot bath in my  bath tub. After the bath, I changed into comfortable PJs and walked down to the living room. While walking down the stairs, the thought of my sister didn't come back from her lab make me chuckled. Well actually my sister graduated from Stanford University majoring in pure chemistry. But who knew she had the talent in mixing potions to do the perfume. So right now, basically, she was in charge in new perfume product in the company. But the way, I think I didn't mention it before but the company name is MXL, short for Marma X Land. Well actually, only our family knew about Marma X Land and it's meaning. Marma X Land is actually Marmalade X  Land, X is for all the fruits that can make marmalade (as all our family members like marmalade but with different fruit). Corny right?? What can I say.. My family was just this random.

As I stepped into the living room, I saw my parents had already waiting for me. And they had this bright face. My stomach crunched as I have a very bad feeling about this. Whatever news that makes my parents happy usually bring disaster for me. I sat quietly in front of them.

My father cleared his throat indicates that he wants to start the conversation. But, before my father opened his mouth, my mother excitedly announced, " YOU'RE GOING TO KOREA!!!" my mother screamed with joy.

OH.MY.GOD.

Korea doesn't have homemade orange marmalade... and... I can't cooked it myself..

I thereby announced my summer is completely ruined by none other my parents.