Summer holiday !!? You Wish!!

peanut butter vs marmalade

The next day ( 3rd person POV)

 

The sun ray penetrate through Meridien room's window and shine the rest of the room. The room was totally disaster. Opened orange marmalade jar on the table, sketches papers everywhere on the floor, 3 novels, an ipod, a Macbook (totally on), drama series DVDs all scattered on the bed. It was amazing that Maridien can sleep on the bed with all those stuff not to mention her comforter was already on the floor. 

A knock came from Maridien's door and she showed no sign of realizing what is happening. Another knock and then the knock gradually become a loud bang, but that just makes her to stir a little bit.

"MARIDIEN YANG!!! GET YOUR OUT OFF THE BED!!!" Melissa screamed on top of her lung, fed up with her heavy sleeper best friend.

Maridien shot up from her sleep, causing one of the novels at the edge of her bed fall. But still, her eyes was closed, indicates that she was still very sleepy at that moment. "What???" she croaked feeling a little annoyed because someone had disturbed her beautiful sleep.

"You do not 'what~~' me young lady. It was only the 3rd day of summer and look what happen to your room and yourself. And you called yourself a lady and also a designer?? You gotta be joking me. Get up right now!!" Melissa spoke in one breath. She may be a goddess and at university but at home, she takes the role of a mom to control none other than spoil Meridien.

" 'You' called me a lady and I've never even want to be a designer. Why are you sooo noisy in the morning?? Don't you have lectures to go?? Besides, it's summer... I can do whatever I want.." Meridien pouted and ready to continue her dreamland.

"Lectures? Lectures? It's already 3p.m. I already get back from it. Wake up you moron, your mother called me because she cannot get you on the line. Clearly because someone's is not woke up yet plus not even aware where she put the phone in this mess. I'm gonna cooked something. Do you want anything?" Melissa said.

"Pancakes!! Layered them with lots lots of" "orange marmalade" Melissa interrupted Meridien's answer. She knew her best friend too much. On the way to the kitchen, Melissa keeps blabbered on how her best friend could survived in that messy rooms and also her addiction on marmalade.

On the other hands, Meridien keep turning her room upside down to find her phone. She knew that if her parents call there must be something really important to talked about as they would only chatting, mailing or using web cam to communicate.

(Meridien POV)

Even after 10 minutes searching, my phone still not showing itself. Huh... Maybe what Melissa said is true.. My room cannot called bedroom anymore.. It can be called 'storeroom'. I was startled when my phone ringing. I find my way to my phone and pick it up knowing it is my mother.

"Hello," I said.

"Honey, you need to get back to New York right now. There is something important we need to discuss with you. I already booked your plane ticket. It's 8 p.m tonight. I booked 2 just in case if Melissa want to join you but if she can't come its okay. But you really need to come," mom chirped at the other end of line.

"Okay, I'll go back home today," I said flatly.

"love you," with that, my mom end her call.

Love you too...  my summer....TT