Today

Teddy Bear

 

Luhan hears a gentle knock on the front door and he pulls himself out of the lounge facing the television to answer it.

 

 

 

“…S-Sehun?”

 

 

 

Sehun ignores Luhan’s wide eyes and hugs him affectionately. He travels straight past him in a beeline to the kitchen. Luhan just trails numbly, his mind unable to comprehend what exactly is happening.

 

 

 

“Luhan! It’s 7:25 and you haven’t prepared dinner yet?” Sehun scolds playfully from the pantry.

 

 

 

Luhan can’t think.

 

 

 

His mouth doesn’t move and neither does his body.

 

 

 

It was like Sehun never left.

 

 

 

“…u-uh…yeah…”

 

 

Sehun sighs dramatically and runs into the study. He returns and finds Luhan in exactly the same position. He places the phone into his hand.

 

 

“I guess we’re having take-out!”

 

 

 

Sehun smiles.

 

 

 

Luhan thought his heart was broken.

 

 

He thought it had been lost, shoved under a pile of dust and glass.

 

 

He silently nods and dials the number.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

As they eat on the lounge-chair, something they only do with take-out food and not with Luhan’s home-cooking, Luhan contemplates the weird turn of events.

 

He studies Sehun inconspicuously. He doesn’t seem to have any signs or hurt, or anguish, or pain…just…happiness and love.

 

 

Like he used to.

 

 

Like they used to.

 

 

 

He doesn’t understand it.

 

 

But he doesn’t question it.

 

 

He just places a loving arm around him, and pulls him close – a little tighter than he ever has before.

 


 

---

 

 

 

That night, Luhan turns on his side to face Sehun. They’re both still awake, as if they don’t want to fall asleep before knowing the other is safe and sound.

 

 

 

 

“Kiss me?” Sehun says quietly.

 

 

 

 

Luhan does.

 

 

 

He presses his lips softly against Sehun’s and closes his eyes. He can feel tears forming behind them, but he doesn’t know where they are coming from. He feels this moment should last forever – the way Sehun is wrapping his delicate hands around Luhan’s small waist, how Luhan is gently trailing butterfly kisses down his perfect neck. For Luhan, he’s welcoming Sehun back. For Sehun, it seems he never left.

 

 

 

 

“Guess what, Hyung?”

 

 

 

“Hmm?” Luhan takes a deep breath and smells that scent of Sehun he’s missed so much.

 

 

 

“When you wake up in the morning, there’s going to be a beautiful present right here.”

 

 

 

“What is it?”

 

Sehun chuckles as he tangles his legs with Luhan’s under the covers.

 

 

 

“You’ll have to wait and see.”

 

 

 

Day…

 

 

Today. Perfect.