Day Two

Teddy Bear

 

Luhan opens his eyes on Day Two to yet again, an empty bed. Work again, he assumes and he half-heartedly reaches for his phone. No texts this time. No missed calls either. No Sehun.

 

Luhan knows it’s not what’s happening, but he makes himself believe Sehun is taking some time to himself, to get his head around if he loves me? Luhan feels a lump in his throat. Maybe he should do the same. He has to get out of the house – there are too many memories of him and Sehun here boring holes in his stomach.

 

 

The park, Luhan decides.

 

 

It takes him longer to get there than usual. His strides aren’t as energetic as they usually are. He passes everything slowly, eyes fixated on the concrete disappearing underneath his feet as he walks. When he approaches the secluded, green space, he is surprised there are people there. The park is so small and in such a secret part of the neighbourhood that nobody would know where it was, even Luhan and Sehun, who had accidentally stumbled across it taking a wrong turn on a bushwalking track.

 

Luhan was going to ignore the two figures siting on the bench, one with their head resting on the shoulder of the other, and make his way to the swing, but he stopped dead in his tracks.

 

 

Sehun?

 

 

He doesn’t doubt his eyes this time. He’s been living with him for almost three years - he would recognise him and pick him out of a busy crowed even if they were all wearing the same clothes and hats covering their faces. But who is…

 

 

Jongin?

 

 

Luhan does rub his eyes this time. Sehun was sitting with his head resting against Jongin’s (a friend of them both) neck. Accusations came pouring intrusively into Luhan’s head immediately, and he didn’t want to believe any of them.

 

 

Sehun doesn’t know if he loves me…because he loves somebody else too?

 

 

Luhan doesn’t say anything aloud. He doesn’t make a sound. He turns around as quietly as he can and makes his way back home.

 

 

He doesn’t cry. His fists aren’t clenched.

 

 

 

 

His heart doesn’t beat.

 

 

 

 

Sehun gazes wearily as he watches Luhan shuffle back down the trail, almost as if he’s in a trance.

 

 

He would cry.

 

 

But he can’t.

 

 

 

 

Day Two. Sehun loves somebody else.