Extra Visitors

Hunches Brought Them Together

They finally got to their room and the four members of SHINee began to wonder around. The 11th and 12th floor of the Luxury Hotel was the most extravagant levels in the whole hotel. SHINee’s room had 3 bedrooms with one study room and two bathrooms.

 

As the four members, Minho, Jonghyun, Key and Taemin went to explore, Onew stood behind Hyejae and watched her closely. Soon, she turned around and looked back at him.

 

Neither of them said anything for a moment and then, Jonghyun came out with Minho, Key and Taemin behind him.

 

“Onew hyung. Key and I are going to share a room and Minho and Taemin are sharing a room so you can have the other room to yourself.”

 

Onew barely heard him.

 

Hyejae broke her gaze and said to SHINee,

 

“Please, take a seat. There are some things that needs to be addressed before I leave.”

 

The members of SHINee took a seat in front of Hyejae and she turned around to wait for the leader to follow suit. Onew walked towards his dongsaeng’s and sat down, staring back at Hyejae, waiting for her to speak.

 

“Your manager has told me that you would like to keep a low profile about staying in this hotel so there are some rules that needs to be addressed right now, before you make a mistake. Now, first of all, when you are walking around in here, please try and be yourself. If you wear any sunglasses or beanie’s because that would just make things too obvious.” Jonghyun tried to speak but instead, it was Onew who spoke.

 

“But wouldn’t that just make things worse when we’re not covering our faces up?”

 

Hyejae swallowed and tried to maintain her voice so it still sounded professional and she wasn’t swayed by his appearance in her life once again.

 

“Well, think about it. If you were outside in a 40 degree heat and was wearing a beanie, what would pedestrians think?”

 

No one spoke and she took that as a good sign.

 

“Second of all, please, do not sing nor dance.” Jonghyun’s and Taemin’s eyes widened and Hyejae explained. “I listen to your songs, and you all have excellent vocals and dancing skills and if you do any of that then people will definitely be able to tell who you are. And lastly, please do not mention anywhere that you are staying here and do not blog about it either.”

 

Hyejae took a step back and then bowed.

 

“Thanks and if you need anything, I have specifically put people in charge that I trust to serve you so please, just call them. Their numbers are by the phone. If there are no more questions, I’ll be leaving now.”

 

Hyejae turned around and was about to leave when Onew asked him a question.

 

“How long have you been a manager of the Luxury Hotel?”

 

Hyejae turned around and said,

 

“If you mean the Luxury Hotel by the chain of hotels then ever since I graduated from Cornell University but if you mean this hotel then,”

 

Hyejae looked at Onew.

 

“For about 6 months.”

 

Hyejae left.

 

*

 

Onew stared at the back of the door just as Hyejae left and suddenly, he was up and out the door before his friends could react. He turned to his left and saw the back of Hyejae walking away. He ran to her and grabbed her arm.

 

“Why did you just disappear?! Why did you just leave me?! Do you know how hard I tried to find you?!” She didn’t speak and just looked at Onew.

 

“Answer me!” He shook her but she still said nothing.

 

“Choesonghamnida Onew-ssi. I have to go back to work.” Her words pierced through him and he just stared at her, wide eyed. She smiled at him politely and pushed his hands away from her own. She took a step back and said,

 

“Goodbye and enjoy your stay here.”

 

Onew watched her go and when she finally disappeared from view, he couldn’t believe what had just happened. He felt a hand on his shoulder and heard Minho’s voice speak to him.

 

“It’s her huh?” Onew nodded and he was still staring at where she had left.

 

“Maybe it’s time you move on hyung…there are some things that can’t be taken back…if she doesn’t want you then-“

 

“No. Were meant to be together.” Onew stubbornly replied and shook Minho’s hand away.

 

“I’m going to make her mine.”

 

***

 

Hyejae leaned against the wall and closed her eyes, telling herself not to cry after what had just happened. She wanted to tell Onew that she loved him. But she couldn’t. There were some things that can’t be done.

 

*

 

“I just wish she could just be truthful to herself for once and look at me.”

 

*

 

Hyejae’s eyes widened and her breathing exhilarated. What was that? What had just happened?

 

She didn’t know. And she was in no mood to know because then, her mother called her from overseas.

 

“Eomma.” She said into her iPhone.

 

“Hyejae! I’m so glad that I got to you! Anyways, I’m going to be flying to Korea tomorrow-“

 

“What?!” Hyejae demanded.

 

“Because a friend of mine wants to meet up with me. Don’t worry, I won’t bother you there. I’m just calling to let you know. If you have time and want to see me, call me. I’m sure you know who I’m talking about right? Lee Hyemi? And your father’s coming to.”

 

Hyejae shook her head.

 

“Mum! What-“

 

“I wasn’t calling to disturb you. You don’t have to meet with me. I know you’re busy. Like I said, I’m just letting you know.”

 

Hyejae sighed.

 

“Fine. Call me what you get to Seoul airport and I’ll have someone pick you up and bring you here. I’ll get you and dad a room okay?”

 

“Are you sure? Like I said, I didn’t call-“

 

“Mum. What kind of a daughter would I be if I didn’t let you in?”