The Mug

Hunches Brought Them Together

Hyejae closed her phone and put it back in her bag before taking another sip of her now cooling milk tea.

 

Onew linked his hands in hers again and they began to walk.

 

“So, I never thought that you can speak English.”

 

Hyejae turned to Onew with a smile.

 

“I’m born in an English speaking country that’s why.”

 

Now Onew knew why she didn’t speak English with an accent like him.

 

“By the way, what’s your name?” Onew asked. He really needed to know if he wanted to see her again sometime soon.

 

Hyejae smiled and said,

 

“I’m not going to tell you.”

 

Onew just stared at her.

 

“Wae?”

 

Hyejae didn’t say anything for a second before adding quietly,

 

“I don’t want to see you again.”

 

Onew stopped and turned to look at Hyejae who wouldn’t meet his gaze.

 

“Why not?” He asked even quieter and for a while, the two of them didn’t say anything and just left the howling wind take over the silence.

 

“Mollayo…”

 

“Hajiman-“

 

“Oppa. Je bal.” Hyejae stopped Onew from speaking.

 

She knew that she wanted to see him again and again but she couldn’t. Meeting up with Onew would just cause her problems and now, she was here for work, not to play and be in a relationship.

 

“Choesonghamnida oppa…” Hyejae said quietly and she walked off.

 

Onew stood where he was, trying to comprehend what had just happened: he just got rejected.

 

Onew looked up, wanting to receive an explanation for her not wanting to see him again but when he did, she was gone. Disappeared.

 

Onew ran and tried to look for her but he couldn’t find her. She was gone and he had no way of contacting her again.

 

He needed her…

 

She had only played a 20 minute role in his life but already, she was the most important person to him.

 

He couldn’t lose her.

 

He just couldn’t…

 

~~~

 

Hyejae ran, her hands clutching onto the mug that Onew had just given her. Tears were streaming down her face as she wound her way from street to street, making sure that she wouldn’t remember which way to go back.

 

After a few more minutes of running and weaving, she stopped.

 

She loved him.

 

She loved him so much.

 

But she also knew that even if she loves him, they were impossible.

 

She didn’t want to hurt him and so, she chose to run away and made sure that he would never be able to find her. She needed to escape. But, she was here for good until the hotel she was working with picked up it’s accounting again.

 

Tears dropped out from her eyes and onto the hard floor beneath her.

 

“Bian…bianhae oppa…bianhae…” She said to herself quietly, all the while, tears falling mercilessly downwards.

 

“Forget me…forget about me…”

 

***

 

^-^ A MONTH LATER ^-^

 

It’s been a month since Onew’s met that girl and he was starting to feel as if he had just imagined it all.

 

For starters, about a week after they met, the mug that he had put by his bed, was gone and s, who, when saw the mug, was holding onto it laughing and aw-ing, didn’t even remember that he had such a thing…

 

*

 

“OMO! OMO! WHERE’S THE MUG?!” Onew scrambled around his bed, looking for it.

 

His roommate, Minho, came in, his towel on his wet hair.

 

“Hyung, what are you looking for?”

 

Onew looked up for a second and then went back to searching for the mug.

 

“You know that mug? That blue Starbucks mug with blue hearts around it with a checkered background?”

 

“Uhh…you have something like that?”

 

Onew froze.

 

How could Minho have forgotten? He turned towards him who had just perched on his own bed and looked at Onew.

 

The first week after he had got it, everyday before bed, Onew would be staring at it for a full hour before Minho stirred and gave Onew the lecture about getting enough sleep for the next day’s schedule. Only then did Onew reluctantly put it away and went into a, once again, dreamless sleep.

 

Minho…what are you talking about…?”

 

Onew was starting to doubt himself now.

 

Was the mug…real? Was he just dreaming…? That girl…did she really exist or was it just his imagination…?

 

He shook his head.

 

Just because his friends forgot it doesn’t mean that he would.

 

***

A/N: if there are any B2UTIES who have subscribed are interested into vampires or just Beast then please read my newest fanfic ^^ : Soulless Love