Chapter Fifteen

The Stockholm Syndrome.

 

 

"Yixing, please don't go".

That voice, there's no mistaking it, I recognize it... Junmyeon...

- "Junmyeon...".

- "Yixing, please don't go, I know I made one and thousand mistakes, and I didn't treat you the way you deserved, but please don't go... Don't leave me...".

- "Junmyeon... You..."

- "Don't say anything, just stay here... stay here with me...".

I feel his arms surrounding my body and his face getting lost where my back and my neck are joined. Junmyeon, why have you come here? Why are you making it harder, my decision to leave? I don't deserve you, I have put you in danger, how could someone be by my side if what I love the most has been exposed to danger due to my stubborness?

- "Just let me explain you the reasons why you must stay here, please, p-plea-se... argh...".

- "Junmyeon, you are not recovered yet. Please, don't expose yourself to this. I can't stand any longer seeing you suffering and even worse, because of me...".

- "I'll insist until you hear me. I won't leave.".

- "Junmyeon.... Okay, I will talk to you, but at least, let's go to another place where you can have a seat. Standing up for too long is not good for you”.

Slowly and helped by him, we head to the airport's lounge, which fortunately was pretty empty at that moment. I can notice the paleness on his body. His steps are short and barely taken, there's when I realize that he even wearing a jacket, under it he was wearing the hospital's white coat.

- "Junmyeon, have run away from the hospital?" - I can notice surprise on his face and quickly as if he tried to hide the unavoidable, he does all and every one of the buttons of his jacket.

- "Junmyeon, have you run away from the hospital; didn't you? And you don't need to answer me, I know you did! Oh, my God! Don't you see you're risking your own recovery? You almost... you almost lost your life! For God's sake, Junmyeon, please go back!"

I can't help shedding tears, this seriously hurts me, I just can't see him like this, in a situation where he's not fully recovered, I'd want to hug him against my body and tell him that everything will be okay, that I won't leave from his side and I will protect him and take care of him. But I promised before that I'd leave him alone if he got to survive and that's what I'll do.

- "Before you go, please listen to me for a moment..." -his arms wrap my body, I feel how he tired and with crying eyes leans his head on my shoulder without releasing, clinging onto him and not letting go.

- "Just listen until I'm done with talking, then if you still decide to leave, I'll let you go. I'm already aware of what you want to do, your promise, your sacrifice, what you're done for me and it awakens in me such diverse and assaulting feelings. I know that you'll say that I'm just thankful, but what I feel and what my heart feels right now is more than just gratitude. When I heard that you'll leave, I felt that even being alive; a part of me would die. I felt fear and despair, I was afraid that you'd leave me, I was afraid not to see you again and I... I just can't let you do that. I can't let you go without you knowing this... You must know this, Yixing. Know that I... I feel so many things for you but there's something important and it’s the reason why you can't leave and that reason is... that... I love you".

Is this the reality? Am I just asleep and dreaming without realizing? Junmyeon... Did he just say he loves me? I can't understand what's happening right now. If this is a dream, then don't ever let me wake up. - "Please tell me that this is mutual. I know I wasn't the best person to you but let me show you that what I feel for you is real and I'm not lying. I love you, Yixing, I love you". His soft and warm hands caress my face, catching my tears this way. I close my eyes to feel that warmth, that unique sensation that only his hands can give me; the hands if the man I love. - "Please don't go. I know you feel the same... Let me show you my love... Let me be yours". Before I could answer, his lips lean against mines. What a unique and sublime sensation. I have already forgotten how they felt. How good they felt. As if the universe wanted to show us that it made our lips as each other's perfect complement. My lips are Junmyeon's and Junmyeon's are mine. I have no doubts anymore. This was the only proof I needed. No more sacrifices, nor painful oaths. My mission is to be with him and this is what the destiny wants for the two of us. I won't fight against it anymore; I'll let it guide me as it did so far, guiding me to him, to Junmyeon. I hug him and let my fingers get lost among his red hairs. I can feel he's laughing while we kiss; I pull myself apart from him and look into his eyes.

- "You're completely right on everything. I don't want to leave; I want to be by your side forever. I want to take care of you and protect you just like you'll take care of me and protect me. I want to make you feel special just like you do with me every single day."

His beautiful eyes take the shape if a half-moon and I see his shiny white pearls unveiling behind his lips.

- "Isn't my cute and beautiful boyfriend Zhang Yixing isn’t forgetting the most important thing?"

My heart started beating strongly by hearing the word 'boyfriend'. I think it never meant something this beautiful to me. There's when I laugh and remember the most important thing I haven't said yet:

- "I love you, Kim Junmyeon."

- "I love you even more, Zhang Yixing."

And so, among a sea of people, where their paths get crossed and take different directions, Junmyeon and I kiss making our paths cross and never split again.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

What do you think about this one? I think it goes well with your skin color. Don't you think so? Hey, Kyungie... Kyungsoo!

- "Oh... sorry, Baekhyun. What were you saying?".

- "Hmm... you were pretty distracted and anxious the last days... Did something happen? Have you and Jongin fought?"

- "Oh, no... absolutely not, it's just that I'm... yes, I'm anxious. It's... aissh, I don't even know how to say it...!"

- "Kyungie, you scare me... what's going on? You know you can trust me and I'll always help you as long as I can. Don't feel bad, tell me what's wrong.

- "I want to go to the next level with Jongin, I mean, I think that life showed us that our relationship is proved to go through everything and that's why I believe and think necessary to make our relationship grow even more, but I don't know how to do it... I don't know how to ask him..."

- "You want to marry Jongin?"

- "That's right, Baek..."

- "Aaaawwwwww, my Kyungieeee!! Now I understand Jongin! You're adorable! You came to the right person. Now I'll tell you how I managed to get Channie to propose me. He wasn't too sure either, but you know how I am, hahaha! I got him to propose me in one - night!".

- "How did you get that, Baek? Oh... I know... you don't need to give me more details...".

- "Kyungie, you don't need to be so shy, and for you to know, I didn't get it as you think I did. It was so romantic and cute. But I think you shoudn't worry, Channie told me that Jongin already thought the same and asked him for advice".

- "R-Really? Jongin wants to marry me too?"

- "Kyungsoo... he did everything for you... he went through the paths of illegality and death, he came back to life when he got you back, and when you came back to him as the  Kyungsoo he met and fell in love with, how wouldn't he want to share his life with you? He loves you, Kyungsoo... He loves you more than you can imagine."

He's right. Jongin went through a lot of pain because of me. He did some illegal things, he suffered, he has been into a lot of horrible situations and everything for me... He did all this for me... For me...

- "Baekhyun, thank you so much. I think I know what I'll do..."

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Today is the great day, finally... The day of my first performance in Korea as an artist. I'm pretty anxious and I could even say that I'm afraid; I have never performed in my natal country before and the repercussions and reactions of the attendees make me feel such a lot of feelings all together, I feel like being in a huge rollercoaster with my emotions going up and down endlessly. Besides of my first performance, it's not the only reason for my anxiety. Today's the day when I decided to share my eternity together with Kyungsoo. I've arranged everything, and I even have the gift I'll give him, a ring, a ring as a proof of my infinite and endless love; proof of that I want him to be my partner in the day-to-day life I want to see his face when waking up, and I want to see his face when I close my eyes and go to sleep. I want to go across the world with him. I want us to age and get old together... I want him by my side forever...

- "You look beautiful..."

- "You say that just because you love me... I look just like always to my eyes..."

I turn around to him and feel his hands on my face. His thumbs caress my cheekbones and unconsciously, I close my eyes before this sensation. This is the moment of peace and love I needed, the anxiety and nervousness I felt ended up fading away. He's the only one able to calm me down, only Kyungsoo is able to take care of me and make all my fears go away and surround me by a feeling of love, making me feel the best person alive on earth.

- "Are you ready? They'll love you, Jongin! Go and show them the great artist you are!"

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased to introduce you for the first time in the Great Salon of the Major Theater of Seoul, to the great pianist and concertist, the great Kim Jongin!”

 

Applauses and cheers are all my ears can hear, and then the most absolute silence. I walk to the center of the stage and take my place before the piano, lean my hands on the keyboard and look at the crowd, I see him there, smiling and giving me strengths for my performance; I sigh and start. I just let my hands do their magic, and let my body get carried away for it. I never was the kind if person who needed a previous preparation to a performance, I just let my music come out and show all its beauty. Once I feel it exposed, I just can't stop, I become another being, as if I were made of music, of sounds and love. Kyungsoo, the master mind of my work, he's behind every work and composition made by me. My Kyungsoo.

I play a total of 12 melodies, almost restlessly. The only break I took was when I gave thanks and gave some words to the crowd. After the show ended and with the biggest of the ovations, I go to my camerin, where my family, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are waiting for me.

- "You were amazing, son, you were just like an angel playing that heavenly music. I took you some photos, I'll send them to the photo lab tomorrow!"

- "Thank you, omma Hyesun, you make me feel so honored"                                             

- "Don't be so shy, Jongin! You played wonderfully! I still don't understand why you waited so long to play in Korea! Have you seen how people stood up to applaud in the end of the performance? It was so unbelievable!"

- "Thank you, Baek, haha, yes; I think I waited a bit too long but in the end it was completely worth it, wasn't it?"

- "We'll be out there in the theater’s hall waiting for you, okay? There are a lot of people who want to greet you, but I know you don't want such a crowd; so, we'll entertain them enough to buy you time so you can go out through the back door. Good plan, huh?"

- "Yes, omma Hyesun, thanks for everything you did for me. You and appa HongDok gave everything for me... I love you so much!"

- "Jongin, please, don't make me cry! This is a moment of happiness and not of thinking about those things! Even if you're not my blood child, you're my beloved heart son, and we love you just like we love Chanyeol. Don't say thanks, we do and will do this with our hearts. We love you, Jongin! Now change your clothes and put yourself comfortable, we'll wait for you outside, okay?"

I come to Kyungsoo and hug him, he hugs me back with a tender and shy kiss on my cheek.

- "You were amazing, honey, I'm so proud of you. I'll be waiting for you with the others, okay? Hurry up, as soon as we go back home, I'll cook a delicious dinner for you!"

I laugh and as I see them walking out, I think about everything I went through in my life, it was so much and so hard to face, but I stayed up anyways and reached the happiness. I take my mom's and grandma's portrait... I miss them so much... I wish they could be here sharing all this joy with me. But I know that no matter where they are, they are watching me and Kyungsoo. They never left me nor abandoned me... Thank you, mom... thank you, grandma... Softly, I put their portraits down and take the little velvet box, I open it and stare at the engagement rings which will be the symbol of our endless love. I'm ready. I'll take this step. I look myself in the mirror once more, fix my suit, smile, and as I drop the little box in one of the pockets of my suit, I head to the stage once more.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kind of weirder and afraid, I go back to the Great Salon of the theater where minutes ago Jongin's concert took place. His message telling me to come back here came out to be really strange, I came anyways to know what was going on. Would his shoulder be hurting again? Would the pain be so intense that he can't be on his own? I come in slowly by one of the aisles that lead to the stage. Everything is dark and I can barely see a thing, but a light turns on suddenly in the area where I'm standing up. If I was afraid, I'm even more now. My fears go away quickly when I hear a soft piano melody* sounding and filling the whole ambient. A weak light turns on and I can see Jongin in all his splendor playing this beautiful melody for me... Only for me. I look closely his expressions, his warm and calm face his eyes closed feeling every single note his long fingers put on every key. Everything is ethereal and dream-like. I feel like I fell in love with Jongin once more, hearing him playing  one of his compositions, and plus this one I have never heard, make me feel blessed, touched by the gods. This wonderful being that my eyes see is mine and was chosen to share my life together with him. How couldn't this be a blessing? I go slowly closer to the stage, to a point where I stay standing up right before him; he keeps playing without stopping, he looks up to me and observes me smiling at me. I can't stop looking at him, smile with him and I get lost in that smile and those warm and tender eyes. I keep in my dream-like trance, until almost without realizing, I see a white balloon falling before my face, I look at it closely and see that in the end of the thread of the balloon, there was a little white box. I look at Jongin, who was ending his melody, looks at me, and makes a gesture, as a signal for me to take the box and open it. I grab the balloon and release the box from the thread. I open it slowly and get amazed with what I see. Two engagement rings*, the most beautiful engagement rings I've ever seen. I lift my sight and see Jongin standing before me, and taking my hands, pulls me slowly closer to him.

- "Kyungsoo... I composed this melody specially for you and for this very moment... You're everything I dreamed... You're my beginning and my end. I lost you and had you back... Destiny wanted it to be like this and I won't let otherwise happen. I love you more than anything in this world... You're everything I am..."

- "Jo-Jongin..."

- "Kyungsoo... marry me…"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: * are links for a better description
 
I'm back!!! yes!! thousand apologies for taking so long to update T_T  university life, the thousands of projects and work make me feel tired, but now I have managed to have some time to write and bring this gift to all!
 
The end is near, and that's why maybe this costing me to write, this fic was my back to the world of writing and that is why I have such affection to this story.
 
Thanks sooooo much everyone who subscribed and commented on this fic, already exceeds 3900 views!!! and +90 subscribers WOW!! you make smile and feel SO happy! because this fic is made for all you who love KaiSoo lovely couple ♥
 
I saw that you guys can vote this fic to promote it, so.. if you want vote and promote my fic, you'll make me feel so grateful and happy!
 
You can go and visit my tumblr, you can leave me questions about the fic or just talk, I log on every day so that way I'll be in touch with you, my readers. Here is the link: celestial-latte.tumblr.com
 
Infinite thanks my lovely beta Hebi Akuma!! without you this wouldn't be possible, and you know that!! love u dongsaeng :3
 
See you soon in the last chapter!! T_T Love u all! byebye~~