I dedicate this to you

Melodies for you

 

Her fingers dance on the plain white and black surface and the sweet-sweet melody fills the crook of emptiness of the room and her heart as well. The tune dances away her numbness. Her eyes shut, basking the familiar scent of alcoholic drinks around her.

She despise the smell, she loathed it to the point that she doesn’t want to touch the intoxicating liquid. As her finger stops on the familiar key, her heart stops as well. She held her breathe, and nod towards the young boy besides her who’s started strumming her musical equipment.

 

I can taste the gin and oxy on your lips

I’ll divide the world and falls between your hips

 

It’s quite ironic of her, she was certain that she hated alcohol, yet she works in a place that was practically swarming with one. She wasn’t a school dropout; she has medical degree for goodness sake and her family owns their very own hospital. Why aren’t she’s in her white lab coat? Why aren’t she rushing from door to door, rescuing helpless people? Instead, now, she’s sitting on stool, with fingers swaying the white surface of the Baldwin piano, wearing a worn out jeans, plain v-neck shirt and her hair tied in a messy pony tails.

On the first impression, people would assume that she ran off from her house, most probably because she didn’t want to continue the legacy of being doctors in her family.

 

Wrong.

 

Then, people would assume that she was adopted and she didn’t have the right to claim the rightful owners of the family fortune.

 

Wrong.

 

And last but not least, people would think that her family disown her because she was gay and she ran off with her partner…

 

well, partially that was true and the rest was…

 

 

 

wrong.

 

Don’t assume things, cause you don’t want to make an a$$ of yourself in front of others.

 

There’s no way that I can save your life

When you can’t even open your eyes

 

It’s all started off from the day she met a girl name Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. That girl was nothing but….

 

 

Trouble.

 

 

People warn her about Tiffany, yet she find that the letter was an exquisite creature that she has ever encountered in her entire life. Call her cliché, call her sappy, but what she was feeling inside was ineffable.

She knew Tiffany was trouble yet she’s coming back for more.

Kim Taeyeon was a wreck when it comes to the letter. She’d do anything… anything for the trouble maker.

It’s not like Tiffany Hwang was a e or gang members or something. It’s just those habits of hers that causes disapproval from Taeyeon’s friends and family.

Say it drugs… alcohol… and everything in between, she’d done it all. Not to forget her weird ty way of dressing was just outrageous.

Yuri, a friend of Taeyeon had bluntly pointing out the obviousness of the problem that she and the others were feeling. The lifestyle was just too much for people to handle.

Yet all Taeyeon would ever done was smile and tell Yuri that, that what makes Tiffany’s unique.

Sooyoung, also a friend of her, working as a waitress at the nearby café asked Taeyeon whether she could change Tiffany and lead her to live a healthy life.

Taeyeon smiles and she said that she believe in Tiffany. Tiffany can be a better person. Tiffany can prove herself to Taeyeon herself, and the world that she is way better than what she seems to be on the outside.

Her sister, Seohyun and her sister’s girlfriend, YoonA thinks that she’s crazy for believing in the impossible. No matter how positive the maknaes was, they were extremely tired of supporting Taeyeon in her decision of staying with Tiffany.

Taeyeon just smile.

Call her oblivious… call her blind…

 

But what people don’t know was, she was actually suffering. No one realize that she cried herself to sleep, thinking of Tiffany who seems to be slipping away from her day by day.

She tried to be positive, she really did. But it was useless. All the promises and the lies that Tiffany made was eating her from the inside.

 

I tried to right all your wrongs

But I just end up with all your lies

Whoa oh oh oh….

 

There was one point in her life during her relationship with the red-haired woman, she wanted to leave the girl and let her live the life that she wanted. But there’s something in those very brown eyes that keeps telling her, keep pulling her to stay, because Tiffany needed her.

 

 

 

Such a pretty face but such an ugly mess,

You got everyone but choose the loneliness

Yeah we crash and burn

And we argue to the point of no return

Yeah I’m finally done

And this song’s been sung

So this I dedicate to you

 

 

Even though her friends doesn’t really favoured the red-haired, they support her nevertheless. But it was getting tiring for the kid like woman.

There’s too much to take, and there’s too much to wait.

The moment she walks into their shared apartment…that very moment, her heart stops beating. The love of her life was high from oxy and the stench of alcohol fills her senses. That was it.

She cried as she held Tiffany’s hand. Her hand was trembling when she wipes those white milky skins of her lover’s face. Tiffany was laughing her off, recalling that Taeyeon gestures were just ticklish.

How can someone be soo… clueless. How can someone be too dumb to notice that no matter hard she tried to reconstruct the wall from falling, the poor brick was bound to break at some point. She had enough.

They argue.

Screaming were heard,mostly from Taeyeon, breaking off the silence of the apartment. Tiffany on the other hand was screaming as well, though, it was obvious that she wasn’t thinking right as she slaps Taeyeon on the face. Telling her that she didn’t need Taeyeon. All she need was the pills and the booze to keep her living.

With a heavy heart and the painful feeling, Taeyeon walk out.

 

Oh baby it’s a dedication, a dedication

This is dedicated to you

Baby, it’s a dedication, a dedication

This is dedicated to you

 

It has been 2 years since she left the apartment. Two years mending her broken heart, still is. She couldn’t stop thinking about the letter.

Within those years, she tried looking for information regarding Tiffany, yet no one knows what happen to her. Some says, she moves to another city and sell the apartment to buy more drugs and alcohol, some says she killed herself off the bridge, which causes the young doctor to immediately run to the morgue in every part of the city that exists to confirm the news.  Fortunately, no one by the name of Tiffany Hwang has been send there. And unfortunately for Taeyeon, she was come to the dead end.

After months of searching, she took a break and begins to move on with her life. Full time doctor and a part time musician in a small bar, name ‘Turntables’ own by another friend of her name, Sulli.

 

For the times we had

For the good and bad

This is dedicated to you

Such a pretty face that I must erase

This is dedicated to you

Oh baby, it’s a dedication, a dedication

This is dedicated to you

Whoa oh oh oh…

 

The claps fill the air, Taeyeon smiles a little as the sounds broke her from her little trance. She bows a little before making her way towards the complimentary bar, occupied by one sweet young couple that she seems to know.

“That was great Unnie” the YoonA-look-alike greets her, as soon as she sits on the stool

“Thanks” she gives a sincere smile.

On the other hand, the girl with the short haired and pale skin name Sulli, pats her hand a little “No worries unnie, I’m sure that you’re going to find your happiness soon enough”

Taeyeon unintentionally lets out a sarcastic laugh “I’m sorry Ssul, I don’t think I’m going to ever find it anymore”

“Are you sure about that?” Sulli smiles, She nods a little, as if giving someone a sign. Sulli took Krystal hands in her and started swaying as the slow melody gets into their senses.

Taeyeon was a little dumbfounded by the weird antic of her dongsaeng, but she shrugs it off, knowing that Sulli was a little weird to begin with.

All Taeyeon wanted right now was a warm bath and get a good night sleep. She reminded herself that she has a morning shift tomorrow. Before she could walks away, one good looking lady block her way.

“Excuse me for being so sudden, but can I get an autograph?”

Taeyeon’s eyebrow arch in confusion. “Uh, sorry Miss, I’m not a celebrity, why would you want my autograph for?”

The letter smiles a little. Ignoring the humble remark from the singer “I love the song that you sang just now, what is it called again?”

“Dedication” Taeyeon utters as she sign the light blue notebook that the other woman handed her a few seconds ago.

“It’s nice”

“Thank you” Taeyeon smiles once more, but this time it was a genuine smile. She was glad that someone appreciates her song.

“Though, it’s quite mean of you to dedicate the song to me Taeyeon”

That definitely caught the young doctor off guard “Pardon?”

“Although I’m flatter that you call me pretty face, ugly mess? I mean, come on. I used to be though”

Then it finally hit her, she’s frozen in her place. Not knowing what to do or how to react as she finally realize that the woman in front of her right now is the woman that she has been searching all over the place for.

The letter was different. Too different. Her hair was brown, the lips and the nose piercing was no more. The ty dressing was replaced by such an expensive looking Burberry trench coat and appropriate heels to go with. No more smoky or heavy makeup plastered on the face, her look was more natural that shows her lovely complexion.

She was drop dead gorgeous.

 

“Tiff…Tiffany? Is…is that.. you? Taeyeon were quavering,

The sadness look reflects to Tiffany as well, as she was holding back her sobs.

She took Taeyeon’s hand and rests it on both of her cheeks. She misses Taeyeon soo much. Two years being apart was pure torture to her, mentally and physically.

“I… I miss you Tae…”

Those simple words got Taeyeon burst in tears. Her feeling was mix all together. She wasn’t sure of what she supposed to be saying at that moment but what she was sure of was, claiming back those soft lips against her.

“I miss you too fany…”

Both of them engulf each other in a tight hug, not wanting to let go anytime soon. No apologies were needed. No words were spoken, as the heart and the action speaks on their own. It was a moment of pure bliss.

“Please don’t let me go” Tiffany mutters as Taeyeon shower her face with kisses

Taeyeon give Tiffany a longing kiss as she wanted to convince herself that Tiffany is actually here, in front of her.

“Never again… never again”

What happen to Tiffany two years apart doesn’t matter to Taeyeon. She didn’t even care whether people would say that she wasn’t thinking getting back with Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang was all she need. That’s what’s matter the most.

 

 

 

Dedication by Rome Ramirez