Chapter 7: In another life perhaps [Edited Version]

Melodies for you

Hi guys, this is bedofnails speaking/writing ;) To all my subcribers and readers out there, i want to apopologize for being such a d-bag for MIA-ing for the past weeks... I got caught up with my hectic and miserables schedule lately, and it doesnt shows near any stop soon, soo... this is going to take a while i guess. Butttt.... fear not, i shan't abandon any of my fic, seriously, i'm not going to... you guys just have to believe in me. So bear with me please, and don't run away. 

Anyway, for this story, some of you guys have read this, but this is an edited version of what i have before. I just wanted to compile it together, so, others who havent read this, i hope you guys would enjoy it as much as i'm writing it.. so :) PLEASEEE leave comment, its would be really cool of you to do soo. ^^

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heart beats fast…

Colours and promises…

 

 

There’s a girl, in a beautiful peach dress, sitting comfortably as she leans against an old tree top on top of the familiar hill with her eyes close. The wind blows softly, but it wasn’t too cold. The temperature was just about right to have nice relaxing moment. The birds were chirping, serenading the sun that smiling throughout the morning.

She loves to spend her time on top of the hill. It was quiet and calm over there. Away from all the buzzing city life and most importantly away from any problem.

The unruffled surrounding was supposed to cure her noisy mind that keeps flashing her pictures of things that she dreaded the most.

Her unrequited love.

The girl sighs suddenly. Her eyes flutters open, only to welcome the warmth surrounding. Unfortunately, her black smoky orbs tells another story.

 

 

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall
 

 

Unbeknownst by the girl, a white BMW park nearby. The sounds of the engine turn off could be heard from afar because of the quietness, but somehow, the girl who sits near the tree wasn’t aware of presence of another human being beside her. Then, walks out a pale slender girl with beautiful wavy tresses, and she was wearing a green gown that accentuates her line.

She tuck her fringe to the back of her ear, sighing a little while keeping her gaze upon the familiar older girl who’s basking in the beautiful weather. She took her steps after a few minutes, preparing herself to help the letter mentally and emotionally.

 

“Unnie… the wedding is going to start soon”

As the jet black haired girl hears the familiar voice, she turns, casting a bitter smile.

“YoonA…” She smiles “You look pretty”

She then looks back at the blue sky, preventing the younger girl to look into her sorrowful eyes. She assures that her face was practically conveys the despondency of her wretched existence.

 “I always look pretty Unnie”

The younger girl smiles bitterly at her sister, obviously struggling with her words. She didn’t want to probe anything that may cause the letter’s bleeding heart to ache repeatedly.

“Unnie…”

Before YoonA could say anything, her sister cuts her off, not wanting to hear any pity party from her beloved sister.

“Yoong, it’s time… I think we should go” The older one got up and cleans the dirt on her dress. She was a little out of it, suddenly; the younger one holds her wrist causing the letter to look up almost immediately.

“I’m here for you whenever you needed me, you know that right?” YoonA fixes her glaze upon the older one, wanting the letter to realize that she would be there for her in a heartbeat if the older one needed anything.

The letter broke a smile “Seohyun is soo lucky to have you, you better take good care of her Yoong”

YoonA sighs knowing that her sister refused to talk about it, so she nodded and both of them starts walking towards her car.

 

 

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt

Suddenly goes away somehow


One step closer

 

 

“YoonA…” the older one trails. She tilts her head aside, watching the yellow leaves falls from the tree as their car passes by.

“Hmm?” YoonA reply without taking her eyes off the road.

“Do you think I should sing that song?” she timidly asks

YoonA took her time thinking it over, because she knows the song that her sister talks about and she knows how much the song meant for the letter.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to Unnie, there are plenty of songs that you could sing”

The letter turns her head, whilst resting her head against the window. Sighing for the umpteenth time

“But it’s her wedding day YoonA…”

“Unnie, as a sister. You know I love you soo much right?” YoonA utters, as she reach Yuri’s hand, holding it in her own “Stop doing whatever you’re trying to do okay? Whatever it is the reason you wanting to do this, please do leave it behind. You’re only hurting yourself. I’m very worried about you, all of us worried about you”

Yuri nodded a little. Leaning back against the passanger seat, pulling her hand back from Yoona’s grasp.

“That’s her favourite song Yoong” she utters, almost whispering.

“I know unnie, I know… but..”

Yuri closes her eyes, picturing things and moments that she will never get in reality

“But it’s her wedding day YoonA…”

 

 

 

 

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid

I have loved you for a Thousand years

I'll love you for a

Thousand more
 

 

Her heart was pounding as the car was getting nearer to the event. She was sweating, her hand were visibly shaking.

“You’re ready Unnie?” YoonA asks as the car stops in front of the entrance

The letter nodded, even though she knows that she never will ready for this.

She opens the cars door and steps outside. In front of her stood the mansion that she loves soo much, the mansion that creates thousands of sweet memories. There isn’t a single day that she remembers that she might have bitter memory in the very mansion. Unfortunately, all the memoirs vanish into thin air.

“This is it…” she mutters under her breathe.

 

Time stands still

beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything

 

 

The enormous door opens, and the letter steps inside. She looks around her. Everyone was wearing the same expression on their faces. The laughter and the sweet whispers among each other between the guest make her stomach tied into a knot of something soo painfully real. She forces a smile, as the familiar faces greet her, clearly buzzing over the event.

She missed the vow ceremony. Thinking of the moment where the blonde exchanges promises of life between someone that wasn’t hers upsets her greatly. She was distraught and thankful at the same time. At least she saves herself from watching the endearing pink lips that she wanted soo much mesh with cold hard lips and that wasn’t even hers. She took a long deep breathe, trying soo darn hard to compose herself and rightful mind, so she won’t break down in front of the people who obviously happy about the occasion and oblivious to her throbbing soul.

As her senses caught onto something vividly comforting, she turns slowly. Her heart stops as her vision landed to a familiar person that her heart lives for.  

The blonde girl was wearing white dress, her face was glowing and she was, the letter was no doubt, a fallen angel, gift by God for everyone, including herself, to admire.

The letter has never been soo beautiful in white. The time stop as she locks her orbs on the most stunning girl on the face of her world.

The blonde in front of her is the one who stole her heart.

The one that she longed for

The one that she need

The one that she wants

And today…

The blonde would be the one that she has to let go.

 

 

 

Take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath,

Every hour has come to this

One step closer….

 

 

 

“Yuri”

Yuri snaps from her daze and turn around only to welcome by a very worried looking Taeyeon. The letter’s hair was tied into a bun. She was wearing light blue dress, which matches her baby skin tone.

“Tae..,” Yuri trails

Taeyeon hold her hand, giving it a light squeeze

“Be strong Yuri-ah… I’m here for you”

Yuri nodded, holding the crystal that was about to fall from her eyes. She has never been grateful for the older girl. She was one of the people that she confide whenever she feels like she was about to fall fast and hard.

“Yuri…” Sooyoung suddenly appears from Taeyeon’s back. The taller girl wears the same expression. She puts her long and slender hand on Yuri’s shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze.

“I heard that you wanted to sing that song” Sooyoung utters.

Yuri nodded “Yah…”

“Are you sure Yul, you can…” before Soo Young could finish, Yuri brush her off

“Don’t worry Soo, just let me do this okay?”

Soo Young look at her friend’s eyes , knowing that Yuri has set her heart for it. She nodded slowly. Although, she was against her friend’s want, she wasn’t in the right position where she can forbid her friend to go for it.

“Okay, I’m going to get ready, it’s about time” Yuri give both girls a light hug, and walk towards the back stage.

Both girls watch their friends walking away.

“Tae…” Sooyoung mutters , almost whispering.

“I know, Soo… I know…let’s just let Yuri do what she wants okay?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have died Everyday

Waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid

I have loved you for a Thousand years

I'll love you for a Thousand more

 

 

Hyoyeon takes a deep breath as she looks around. She’s worried. She’s very worried. She couldn’t stop thinking about her other friend. It must have been a very sight of hell to see all the flowers and dresses and most of all, the people, and one particular person to be exact.

She couldn’t imagine how agonizing it is for the tanned beauty to be in this place right now. Hyoyeon hasn’t seen her best friend ever since the beginning of the event. She was half expecting her best buddy to jump during the preaching and sang ‘Speak Now’ in front of thousands of people that attend. Although, it sounds a little far fetch, she would totally wish and supports her friend if she were ever to do it.

“Yul…” She utters as she finally spotted her buddy who was walking with her head down a few feet from where she was standing for the past half an hour.

The tanned girl turns,  “Hyo” she gives a bitter smile

Hyoyeon walks towards Yuri and give her friend a warm hug. She tightens her hug as she could feel the letter was clutching on her.

“How are you holding up buddy?” Hyo asks

Yuri shook her head with a small smile on her face “I’m trying my best”

Hyoyeon gives her a pat on her back “Go for it, I’m here for ya”

Yuri smiles, knowing that the letter was truthful to her words. She proceeds to walk towards the stage

But before she could get upstairs, one familiar arm encircle s her waist.

“Unnie”

Yuri closes her eyes, biting her lower lips, trying to hold herself not to burst into tears. She turns slowly, looking at Seohyun who already in tears.

‘Aigoo… maknae, why are you crying?”

Seohyun shook her head “Unnie… how can you do this to yourself?”

Yuri wipes the maknae’s tears “I have to, this is my closure Seo… I want to see her beautiful face, smiling, before I could erase her from my mind and my heart”.  

Seohyun shook her head furiously “No, No… don’t say that…”

Yuri un-wraps the younger girl’s arms off her waist; taking a deep breath “just be there for me when everything falls apart okay?” she ended it with a sisterly kiss on the forehead.

Seohyun clamp , preventing herself from making any noises. Her heart was in pain, as she keeps her eyes upon the older girl’s back. She was breathing hard. It was difficult for her to comprehend everything, how could Yuri do this to herself?  Yuri’s fragile heart was in a verge of breaking into pieces before, now, it felt like Yuri was making it faster by committing a suicide by ripping her heart out of her chest. Seohyun couldn’t say anything, as she understands how upsetting it is letting go of someone. She has been in Yuri’s shoes before. She was in total lost when she walks out on YoonA when the world was against their relationship. She was grateful for her lover, as the letter hasn’t given up on their love as she brought Seohyun back into the battle field and fought everything that stands in their way.

 

 

And all along I believed

I would find you

Time has brought

Your heart to me

I have loved you for a Thousand years

I'll love you for a Thousand more


One step closer

One step closer


 

Yuri takes a deep breath for the umpteenth times.

She finally arrives at the spot that she has been trying to avoid.

She wanted to run

She wanted to hide

She wanted to go anywhere but here

But she needed to

She needed her own closure

She sits on the stool and her delicate fingers lands automatically on the grand Baldwin Piano . Thousands of eyes were on her even the blonde in the wedding dress. The tan girl has her hand on the mic and pulls it closer.

“Hello, My name is Kwon Yuri. I’m the bestest-best friend of the ugly bride over there who’s practically trying to hold herself from snogging the cake in front of her…She’s a shiksin, I tell ya. I’m forever scarce by her heating habit.”

The laughter fills the hall. Yuri forces a smile.

“I’ve known Jessica Jung throughout every seconds of my life. She was my best friend, my counselor, my other half and a glue that puts together every pieces of me that I’ve never known before. She was my life, my everything after my heart almost died from the loss of my parents. She was an angel for me and for everyone that come to known her. We were each other safe places whenever the world starts to bend over to pick on us. If I were given the chance to make a wish, I wish for her happily ever after. So she won’t stop smiling and live her life to the fullest. And, now, I can see how happy she is, and that’s enough for me. I’ve done my job to make her smile, to stand by her side and to make her feel love. So, with this, I’m turning this job to her husband, Mr. Kim. Start cherishing her and treat her as a Princess for who she is. I couldn’t be happier if he manages to do this. I wish the newlyweds a happy life time together, and this song is for you”

 

 

 

I have died everyday

Waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid,

I have loved you for a Thousand years

I'll love you for a Thousand more


And all along I believed

I would find you

Time has brought

Your heart to me

I have loved you for a Thousand years

I'll love you for a Thousand more

 

 

She could see her friends looking at her with sorrowful look on their faces, as it was obvious that they are trying really hard to hide it with a big smile on their faces. She closes her eyes, and starts to immerse on the sounds of the melodious instruments that fills every corner of the hall.

She smiles bitterly, when the song ended. The sound of cheering and clapping hits her drums. She bows a little, and walks down the stage.

Tiffany who has been waiting for the tanned girl to finish, intertwine their hand when she found the letter. She pulls the letter into the back stage before giving the letter a suffocating yet comforting hug. Yuri finally broke into tears, as she was clutching her body into Tiffany for dear life. Her mind goes haywire and her heart was in pain.

“Fany-ah… it hurts… it hurts…” she mutters between her sobs. The American girl rubs the letter’s back and giving soft kisses on Yuri’s cheeks. Tiffany whispers soothing words, whilst one particular short girl named, Sunny, watching them from the door. She was sad, seeing her best friend who’s practically in despair. Sunny lets Tiffany coax Yuri, as she knows there’s nothing that she could do right now.

 “Be strong Yuri-ah” , Sunny whispers.

***************************************************************

 

After almost half an hour, Yuri freshens herself and fixes her make up to make herself presentable in front of the people in the hall. She walks into the table and makes herself comfortable by sipping martinis.

Her friends was watching her from afar, leaving the tanned girl alone with her thought.

“You owe me my last dance” one familiar voice hits her eardrums hard.

She looks up and sets a smile on her face

“Sica” She mutters . She was in trance. The blonde girl was soo much beautiful up close. The wedding dress was a little fancy for her liking, and she was pretty sure that it probably wasn’t Jessica who picks it. Jessica was more to a simple kind of person. A beauty in simplicity as she was always imagine Jessica. She wonders what Jessica-in-laws said to talk her into wearing those heavy looking gown.

 

“You owe me my last dance Seobang-ah…” Sica smiles, pulling Yuri back into reality.

Yuri got up and leads the way towards the dance floor, Jessica pulls Yuri closer to her body. Jessica arms were around the taller’s girl’s neck whilst the letters were wraps around the blonde’s waist. Jessica rests her forehead against the letter’s collarbone.

“I’ve miss you” she whispers

Yuri inhale the familiar scent that she loves so much “I miss you too”

“Why did you sing that song?” Jessica asks. Yuri swear that Jessica’s voice lace with sadden unknowingly.

Yuri smiles bitterly “That’s your favorite song”

Jessica shook her head “It’s our song”

“It’s your wedding day Sica” Yuri berate

Jessica tighten her grips “It’s OUR song Yuri-ah”

Yuri keeps silent, not knowing what to say. She just continues on slow dancing with the love of her life. This might be the last time she ever holds her princess so tightly.

This might be last time that she could smell her favourite strawberry scent on Jessica’s hair.

This might be the last time that she could listen to Jessica’s voice so close to her ears.

Because Jessica would never forever be hers

Jessica would never hold her like she holds her now

Jessica would never be her life

Jessica would never live with her till they grow old

Jessica would never love her the way she loves Jessica…

The reality slaps her hard on the face.  Did Yuri regret, not confessing to her best friend? Her heart clenches because, she knows, that Jessica Jung would never say Yes to Kwon Yuri.

 

Jessica shift her head, resting her chin on Yuri’s shoulder

“Yuri-ah… this might be last time I could ever do this… “ Jessica whispers

That definitely caught Yuri’s attention.

“I always believe that it is never too late to do something… if you allow me, can I sing a song that meant so much to me to you?”

Yuri nodded not knowing what to respond

 

 Even though it hurts but a little, tears form
My heart screams out
If I pass in front of you, beside you
You were my whole world
I want only you
But I can't breathe when I'm in front of you

As if you weren't my destiny
As if this was just a fleeting moment
Next to you, who just let me go so easily
I go closer to you step by step
Although I cannot move at all

 

 

Jessica sobs, she couldn’t control her feeling anymore as she’s clutching herself on Yuri’s body as if her life was depending on it.

 


You make me restless, you make me cry
Like a fool, like a child
I want to just laugh it off instead

The closer I get to you

Although I get more scared
I guess I cannot stop this love

Why is it just my love that is late
Why is it just my love that is hard
Although I'm right in front of you, although I'm right beside you
You were my whole world
I see only you
But when when I'm in front of you, I always look away

 

 

Yuri shuts her eyes tightly, her grips on Jessica’s waist tighten as she hears Jessica sang. She didn’t want to let go of the warm body press against her.

Thousands of thought comes crashing in. Her heart was beating rapidly, as if Jessica’s voice blows another life into her almost dead soul. Call her cheesy call her sappy, she couldn’t express how much she wanted to scream the bliss that she was feeling inside.

She loves me…

Jessica loves me….

Jessica Jung Loves me…

She chanted over and over again in her mind.

 

“Saranghae Seobang- ah” Jessica ended the song with tears

 

Yuri opens her eyes, she wanted to tell Jessica how much she loves her too. She wanted to tell Jessica she was longed for her. She wanted Jessica to know that her heart ache, not knowing that Jessica harbor the same feeling as her. She wanted to tell her everything. The moment she fell for the blonde girl till the moment that she was in a brink of killing her heart with a of a knife. But, as she was about to say something. Someone cuts her off

“May I have this dance with my wife please?” Jaejoong smiles

Yuri smiles bitterly, as she reluctantly let go of Sica

She could not believe it,,, it feels like a dream

Knowing that Sica also feels the same way about her.

As she let go of Jessica’s warm body, it feels like as if she is letting go of Jessica.

The thought of she’s being with Jessica

The thought of Jessica is hers

The thought of they would be together

The thought of YULSIC would be real…

She was struck by reality for the last time, but now it was cold hard and painful blow. Her eyes glisten with crystal. There was a chug on her heart.  Everything feels soo good a few seconds ago. It feels identical when someone gave her wings to fly for her freedom, to her heaven while seeing her goddess Jessica awaits her in the very gate, only to realize that her wings have been ripped off and she was falling from grace. Unfortunately, no one was there to catch her. The sight of Jessica was slowly getting further and further away.

Before Jessica follows her HUSBAND, she leans closer to Yuri’s ear.

“Promise me, in another life, reminds me of all the things that we have before. Reminds me all of the things that we should have, reminds me that how much we wanted each other.. reminds me of all the love that we have, make me love you again Yuri-ah … and please…don’t ever let me go, even if I said no.” she weeps quietly.  

And with that…she’s gone.

Yuri stands still in the middle of the dance floor…

Closing her eyes, holding her overflowing emotions. Jessica’s voice and her promises ring hard. She clutches her hands, determination was written all over her face, as she broke into genuine smile.

“I promise you…” she whispers almost like a prayer.