I Must Be Mad

My Creepy Ex-Boyfriend Is Actually...kinda cute? (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You’re taking stalking to a whole other level,” Lay was walking beside Jongin as they headed to the animal shelter, “Living with him, Jongin.  Living with him?  Are you completely out of your mind?”

            “In love,” Jongin grinned back at his friend.  He suddenly turned serious, “Well technically he threw my stuff out onto the street, but I’m 90% there.”

            Lay shook his head, “Why am I friends with you?” He then pointed a finger up in the air like a light bulb was flashing above his head, “Because it’s always amusing.”  Lay chuckled as he walked ahead.   

            “You understand the plan right?” Jongin pulled Lay back because he was walking too fast, “This won’t work unless you do it right.”

            “Excuse me.  I can do anything,” Lay argued.

            “Yeah, except speak perfect Korean.”

            “Am I speaking a foreign language right now?  Or do you understand an alien language.”

            “Technically Chinese is an alien language to me,” Jongin chuckled and was hit in the head by Lay. 

            “I’m not speaking Chinese right now, you annoying tan idiot.” Lay switched to Chinese.  He saw Jongin open his mouth to say something but interrupted, “Do you want me to do this or not?”

            “Okay, pretend I didn’t say anything,” Jongin pointed to one of the buildings up ahead, “There’s the animal shelter.  Remember to distract the grandpa, okay.  I don’t care what method you use, but you better distract him.  I need enough time to steal Kyungsoo.”

            “Not only intense stalking but now kidnapping,” Lay shook his head, “I can’t believe you want me to flirt with an old man.”

            “Not flirt with him!  God, no!  I don’t want you to get molested.  Just distract him!” Jongin was dragging Lay along now because the Chinese suddenly seemed hesitant. 

            “I don’t make good conversations with old people.  They’re all wrinkly and…smell weird.”

            “You can do it.  I believe in you!” Jongin gave a hwaiting sign and pushed open the door. 

           

            Lay followed behind Jongin and entered the shop.  His eyes searched the shop looking for an old man but stopped when he spotted a red head behind the counter.  The boy didn’t lift his head as he heard the bell ring.  He was reading a thick book on the counter but his head shot up when he heard Kyungsoo exclaim in anguish.

            “What are you doing here?  Decided to creep up on me at work again?”

            Lay saw the red head’s eyes widen and quickly retreat behind Kyungsoo.  It was pretty cute actually.  This guy had milky white skin which contrasted nicely with his red hair but he looked somewhat muscular.  At least more muscular than Kyungsoo and yet he was hiding behind the wide-eyed boy. 

          Kyungsoo was walking quickly towards Jongin who quickly whispered into Lay’s ear, “Distract the grandpa,” before running into Kyungsoo’s arms. (but got quickly pushed to the floor right after) 

            “That guy is the grandpa?” Lay internally thought.  He was expecting a wrinkly old man who could barely see.  He had plans to talk about prunes and maybe wheelchairs and stuff.  He had no idea what to say to this boy.

            Now that Jongin was being distracted, Suho was back to his normal self.  He looked at Lay, “Can I help you?”

            Lay blurted the first thing that came to his mind, “Yeah you can.  Can I have your number?”  He mentally face palmed himself.  He’s been spending too much time with Jongin lately.  Maybe if he spent more time with Tao he wouldn’t be making a fool out of himself now.  He’d probably have all the school studs falling for him.  He still didn’t know how Tao had managed to get Kris rolling at his feet (like a buffalo).  But somehow the hottest person in school had it bad for the little wushu master. 

            Suho blinked at him and then handed him a card that was on the counter, “Yeah.  It’s right here,” he pointed at a phone number on the card, “Are you looking to adopt?”

            Lay looked at him blankly.

            Suho patted his hand softly to get his attention and Lay quickly turned red just at that small touch.

            “We have dogs, cats, birds, and even hamsters and gerbils.  But mainly we have dogs and puppies.  Do you know what you want to adopt in particular?”

            ‘A kid with you,” Lay covered his mouth before it could leave his thoughts.  He looked frantically around like he’d gone mad.  He just met this guy!  He didn’t even know this guy’s name. 

            “Adoption is a long process.  Including another being into you family can be very difficult.  You have to be committed.”

            “I can be committed!” Lay burst out and quickly covered his mouth again before he said what he really meant.  Committed to a relationship or maybe even committed to an institution for his behavior now. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter