Dreams… Illusions…

Lost in the Now and Found in the Past

In the Present

Tao’s POV

I go to practice like every day and when I see the other exo members, I simply wave to them, and sigh slipping down the wall.

I shake my head trying to forget my weird dream.

I was dressed in feudal time clothing for a warrior like on that show Faith. I was standing behind a princess who I know is beyond beautiful and kind in all matters. She had been missing for so long but then I found her. Her royal clothing and jewelry hidden away in a carrying sack that I had bought for her so now she’s in regular peasant clothing that even in them she shines like she did when I had first met her…

“Tao are you alright?” I look up to see Kris standing in front of me bent over checking for a fever. “You don’t have a fever or anything?”

“Gege I’m sorry I’m just tired I didn’t get much sleep last night.”

“Huh… that’s weird since you probably got the most sleep out of all of us. You were asleep when we went to bed and still asleep when we left.”

I shrug not looking up as I look at my hand remembering the feeling of the girl in the dream holding it when the dream had started. In the entire dream she did not look my way and I had felt hurt but deep inside I kept telling myself that she was asleep since she must be tired from the journey but I know she just doesn’t want to sleep.

I ruffle my hair and sigh, “It’s not like the dream was real so I should just ignore it. Yet why do I feel this way?”

“Huh what did you say Tao?” Luhan is the one to ask me.

I shake my head and stare off into space for a little bit longer until I stand up and walk to the bathroom. I splash water on my face to try and snap myself out of the state I’m in. Still I stand there staring off into space.

Feeling her hand on mine squeezing it then her letting go and curling up by a fire that I think I had built her back to me facing the fire ignoring what I have to say to her.

I shake my head and splash some more water in my face.

I look up to see the oddly clothed me in the mirror he’s looking at me in distaste, “What are you doing? You had made me break my promise. You did not protect her. So you must look after her like I did when she had grown ill from being poisoned. I held her hand until she died. It was only a few months after I found her. What will you do if she dies on you? I had almost gone crazy so they sent me to the fighting field fighting off the enemy until I was finally killed.”

I shake my head, “No, I won’t let her die on me. I just got her back.”

“Then you better pray to make sure that she knows that you are there for her.”

I nod my head, looking down at my hand to see almost a countdown on the palm of my hand, and when I look down the other me is gone.

I shake my head and whisper, “I must be crazy.” I nod my head, “Yes, that’s what it is. I’ve gone a bit crazy with my worry for Mei Lien. I just need to take a nap and I’ll be fine.”

I walk back to the guys and they smile at me.

I smile back at them and wave to them using the hand with the count down.

“Ya, Tao what is that on your hand? It looks like a count down the numbers are even moving.”

I look down at my hand then back up, “You see it to…”

“Of course we see it. What the hell Tao what is that?”

I shrug my shoulder and they give me a look that makes me want to explain everything that happened since my dream last night to the other me in the mirror just a few moments ago. They sit there surprised when I end everyone is silent.

“I thought I was going insane,” I tell them, "I mean the other me in a mirror and moving numbers on the palm of my hand. I mean what the heck.”

They nod their heads until Yixing goes, “Maybe its because you’re two are tied together by a red thread binding the two of you together through your past lives.”

“You believe that bs?”

“Not really but this stuff,” he points to my hand, “ it makes me believe it.”

I nod my head looking down, “I’m sorry that I’m so out of it today it’s just weird for me.”

They nod their heads, “Why you’re not freaking out is beyond us.”

I nod my head and lay it on my arms, “I’m just so tired lately. This dream creeped me out. What if I have another one?”

“Then you do, Tao. Are they that bad?” Kris asks me.

I shake my head, “No but having them makes me feel lonely. The one I had last night it was as if I didn’t exist to her at all. I knew she was awake but I didn’t go over to her. I just stood there like an idiot. I would have gone up to her and held her hand or whatever.”

“Maybe because you took traits the old you wouldn’t use in the past life and used them here.”

I cover my ears and lay down on the floor just wanting to sleep. I know I’m afraid of the dreams but if the princess is really her then I don’t care. I lay there until I drift off to sleep hoping just see her again.

If I have to feel lonely to hear her voice and see her face change in emotions I’m alright with it.