Please Be Alright

Lost in the Now and Found in the Past

The Present

Tao’s POV

I’m sitting in the waiting room after I’m looked over again because they don’t want anything bad to happen to me.

I simply sit there as the rest of Exo runs into the waiting room spotting me ignoring the looks people are giving them.

They look at me and ask if I’m alright.

I ignore them when I see Mei Lien’s parents walk into the room.

I run over to them, “Kim-ssi.”

“Oh, Tao how are you?”

I smile at them, “I’m fine. I’m sorry I should have pulled her back.”

I look away ashamed of myself, ‘I had promised to protect her no matter what and she needed up getting hurt because I was too scared to say hi to her.’

I feel a hand placed on my shoulder and when I look up, I see her father looking me in the eye, “You called for help. You stayed by her side. I’m actually happy you didn’t go to grab her because then both of you would be under constant supervision. Mei Lien would beat herself over that fact. Tao she never forgot you its just she hasn’t seen you in awhile and our old home back in America had been burned down with some old photos a few years ago. Only picture of you that survived is the one in her locket.”

I know I’m crying and Mr. Kim simply pulls me into a hug and my hair like he use to when I’d get in fights with Mei Lien over something.

I hear Kris walk up to us, “Excuse me but I’m Kris.”

“Oh you’re the leader right, please take care of Tao here. He’s very special to our daughter.”

“Oh why is that?”

“Tao didn’t tell you about her?”

“He told us bits but not much.”

“Oh they were friends as kids and made a promise to find each other again. He’d had to keep up training and she'd keep up with her art. She worked her hardest to be the best in every trade so she’d see him again. She even took up fighting so that she could show off. She mostly paints and draws now though since she had surgery on her shoulder.”

Kris nods as he smiles at the older male, “So they made promises like?”

“Tao promised that when they were old enough,” I cover his mouth and give him my aegyo but it doesn’t work since his daughter has far stronger aegyo that sometimes wouldn’t even  work, “that they would get married one day. So they had to promise to love each other forever.”

Everyone starts laughing and I look down embarrassed.

I get pulled in a hug by Xiumin and Luhan who start pinching my cheeks about how cute I am.

Mr. Kim looks at me and tells me to go visit Mei Lien before the reporters show up.

I simply nod and walk to her room.

I slide the door open to see Mei Lien laying in the hospital bed with a pale appearance and she looked like a princess still.

Her hair created a halo as the light shined down on it. Her lips are still a light pink but her skin look like she’s been dead for a while.

I shiver at the thought of her being laid in a coffin.

I sit down in the chair next to the bed and take her hand in mine.

I pull it to my lips and kiss the hand, “Mei Lien, its me your wu shu warrior panda, the one that failed in protecting you. I’m sorry that I failed you the way that I did. I promised to protect you always and I failed when that car hit you. I’m glad I get to see you again. You are my princess are you not? Please be alright. Please wake up and start laughing and smiling telling me that I’m being an idiot and that you love me. Like how I want to tell you every day that I love you.”

I kiss her hand and then her forehead, “I’ll try to come visit you again. Lucky for you you’re placed in the private wing where no reporters can come in since you already have a privileged family.”

I exit the room and sigh when I see my band mates talking with my loves family.

I keep walking heading out of the waiting room when I hear Kris threaten my Gucci.

I turn around and face him.

I feel something hit my face and I see that it’s a small bag with extra clothing on it.

“Believe it or not Tao you’re covered in blood. Go change then you can leave.”

I look down shocked to see that Kris was right.

I do have blood on me, the blood of my beloved princess.

I race into the bathroom and change my shirt and wanting the burn the other one but I know it’s more of reminder of my failure to Mei Lien.