Arrival in Paris

You're the Only Style in my Heart

Yoona

 

When we finally got to Paris, France, we had to spend 30 minutes trying to find our luggage, then another 30 minutes getting some food to eat. When we finally finished eating, we hailed a taxi and told the driver to drive to Nichkhun's cousin's house, which was on the richest part of Paris.

During the ride, Nichkhun was sleeping quietly, while Jessica, Onew, and I were awake. Jessica and Onew were talking about who they would meet here. I could have easily fitted into their conversation, but I just stared out the window and admired the view.

I saw the Eiffel Tower, piercing through the sky, Arc de Triomphe, as magnificent as people have said, and the people's fashion, which was more elegant and fancier than Korea's. I took out a sketching pad from my purse and a sketching pencil, then started to draw a few outfits that caught my eye, when I felt something heavy on my shoulder.

I looked down and saw Nichkhun's head. I smiled a little and gently shifted his head to make it more comfortable on my shoulder. Jessica raised an eyebrow at this gesture, but I lifted a finger to my lips and shook my head. She looked at me one last time, and continued talking to Onew.

I have to admit. Ever since our conversation on the plane, I feel like I got to know him a little better. I hope he thought so too because I didn't want it to be too awkward between us. I mean we have to work with each other for a while anyways. I couldn't help but think about Nichkhun's ex.

I wonder what happened to them. Did they break up? Did she move? I quickly shook my head to get these thoughts out of my head. Im Yoona! Why are you even thinking about this? You shouldn't pry into other people's business. Umma taught you not to be this rude!

I shook my head once more then continued to draw some more outfits that was eye-catching. Soon after, we arrived at Nichkhun's cousin's house, which is Onew's sister's house.

We got our luggage out of the taxia and handed the money to the driver. We thanked him, and headed to the front door. I pressed the doorbell.

A beautiful, young girl opened the door. Jessica and I gasped.

"Lee Ji-Eun!!!" I yelled happily.

Her eyes widened. "Yoona Unnie! Jessica Unnie! It's been so long!"

Nichkhun and Onew stood there, surprised, while Jessica and I gave our dear friend, Ji-Eun, or IU, a very long hug.

"Come in, come in!" she told us.

Onew cleared his throat and said,"You three know each other?"

IU nodded happily. "Yup! Sica Unnie and Yoon Unnie met each other one time at one of those award assemblies. It was the one that Jessica Unnie got 'Best Model', Yoona Unnie got 'Number One Designs', and I got 'Best Solo Artist'."

Nichkhun and Onew nodded slowly. "I'm going to go put my luggage away."

"Me too," said Nichkhun.

When the guys went upstairs, IU, Jessica, and I sat down on the huge sofa. We started talking about what happened since we last saw each other. Apparently IU starred in a Korean drama called "Dream High", which was really famous. I promised her I would watch it.

"So, Unnies. Do you guys have boyfriends?" IU asked.

Jessica and I laughed and shook our heads. "Oh, heck no."

"The only guys I've met recently," Jessica explained,"are your brother and Nichkhun."

IU smiled mischieviously. "So maybe you guys and oppa and Khun Oppa can... you know."

Our eyes widened. "Excuse me?" I practically yelled. Jessica just gaped at her.

IU looked at us with feigned innocence. "But why? I think you and Khun Oppa look adorable together. Of course, Sica Unnie looks amazing with Onew Oppa too."

"I look amazing with who?" a voice said.

The young girl looked at her oppa and nonchalantly replied,"I said you and Jessica Unnie look cute together."

Onew was lucky he wasn't eating or drinking anything, or else I bet he would've choked. I laughed at his face. He looked like someone told him that he had a bald spot in his head.

"W-what? W-we d-do not!" He exclaimed, stuttering.

"Then why are you stuttering?" IU asked.

Onew blushed a deep crimson. "I'm not!"

IU smirked. "You sir, are a horrible liar."


After IU relunctantly stopped making fun of Onew, she led us to Jessica and my rooms that we would be staying at. When I walked into my room, I stood there, with my jaw dropped to the floor, just simply staring.

My room was gigantic and was soft blue and white. My bed was king-sized, with blue drapes falling from the top. It was totally princess-y. The sheets and blanket were blue, while my pillows were white. There was a walk-in closet that already had a whole bunch of top fashion designer's clothes (including my own). It had plenty of French clothing styles too, so I was glad. There was a desk with an apple computer and a new sketching pad and and a heck of a lot of colored pencils and sketching pencils.

There was also another room, which had all the fabric you could dream of, and multiple sewing machines. It was any designer's dream room.

My room also had a big bathroom with a huge bath tub. It was so big that there was a TV in from of it, so that I could watch it while taking a bath.

There was also an iPod to listen to music with, and there was a huge plasma screen TV which I bet had all the channels France offered.

When I finally got to my senses, I saw that IU was gone. I started to put my clothes in the closet and take out my laptop, phone, sketching pad, and pencils and set them on my desk. I put the books that I brought, which were the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the series that connects to that series, which is the Heroes of Olympus series, on the shelf above my desk. The Heroes of Olympus had only three books so far, and I was eagerly waiting for the next book of the series to come out.

When I took out the Percy Jackson series, I felt as if my older sister was with me. Truth be told, I missed her a lot. I mean who wouldn't? The Percy Jackson series and the first book of the Heroes of Olympus series were hers, so I felt especially close to her when I read those books. She would always leave little comments on the parts that she liked and highlighted or underlined her favorite lines of the books.

I felt tears prick my eyes but I ordered myself to stop. I continued to put the books on the shelf. When I finished, I went downstairs and found out that everyone else was already there, eating lunch.

"Hi, Yoon Unnie!", said IU. "I opened the door to tell you to come down to each lunch, but you were looking at some books, and I thought you didn't want to be disturbed, so I just left."

Nichkhun just gave me a small, knowing smile and Jessica also sent me a smile and patted the seat next to her.

"Come sit, Yoona. We were just talking about all the sights we wanted to see here," Jessica said.

My eyes lit up. If I hadn't become a fashion designer, I would have become an architect. I loved architecture. "Oh my gosh. We so have to see the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, -"

Jessica laughed. "Woah there, Missy. I know you love architecture, but just hold your horses. We'll see all of them, but just don't go all architecture crazy on us."

"You like architecture?" asked Nichkhun.

I nodded. "Love it. I would've become an architect if I hadn't become a fashion designer."

He smiled. "I bet you would have made a great architect."

My face warmed up. "Thanks, Khun."

He sent me a small smile.

"Now," I said,"what are we going to see first?"