The Office

You're the Only Style in my Heart

Yoona's POV

 Nichkhun did not look happy to work with me. Perhaps I shouldn't have said I would work with them? I don't know. I mean, this is a really good opportunity for me, but if I'm going to be a burden to Nichkhun, I don't think I should do it.

"Nichkhun, your father and I have to go to a meeting. Why don't you show Yoona to her office?" Mrs. Horvejkul asked.

Nichkhun let out a huge sigh and asked,"Which floor?"

"Why, your floor of course. After all, it's you that's going to help Yoona around here," Mrs. Horvejkul said casually.

 I thought Nichkhun's eyes were going to fall off because his eyes widened by his mother's statement.

"But, Mom, I don't have time to show her around. Tell Onew to show her around. He has nothing to do anyways," he complained.

"Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, you will do as I say, unless you want me to add another desk in your room. Then that could be Yoona and your office. Besides, Onew has to work with Jessica here, on a special project we set up. No more whining. Your mother and father will be late for our meeting, understand?" Nichkhun's mom told him strictly.

 Nichkhun looked defeated, and pissed. "Fine. Just go to your stupid meeting."

Mrs. Horvejkul smiled. "Thank you, Khun. Take good care of Yoona~"

And with that, she walked away.

"Ooh, Khun you just got scolded by your mom. You should have seen your face when she said she would make Yoona's office into your office. Your eyes were huge, man," Onew said.

 Nichkhun gave Onew a icy glare that reminds me of Sica's cold glares. I shivered. I hated her glares.

"Um, Nichkhun ssi, you don't have to show me around if you don't want to. I'm sure Sica and I can manage. Right, Sica?" I told him.

"Definitely, Yoong," Jessica agreed.

"Forget it. Do what you want, but Mom will get mad if she finds out, so I'll just show you your office," Nichkhun said icily.

 I tried to be positive. Calm down, Yoona. He's just grumpy because he woke up too early. Nothing you did.

"Oh, okay then," I told him. I turned to Jessica and said,"Can you wait for me here? I'll be back in like 5 minutes."

Jessica nodded. "No problem, Yoongie. I need to talk to Onew about our project anyways."

"Okay. See you in 5," I told herthen followed Nichkhun to the elevator.

We waited for the elevator to come in complete silence. It was really awkward. I wanted to say something, but I thought he would get mad at me.

When we got into the elevator, he pressed the number 10. Hmm. I guess my office is in 10th floor.

"You don't like me much, do you, Nichkhun ssi?" I asked him.

He just stared at the blinking numbers.

"Gee, how did you figure that out?" he asked sarcastically.

"Hmm, well I'll try not to bother you too much," I replied back, ignoring his sarcasism.

"Do what you want," he said coldly.

Finally, the elevator doors opened and we stepped into a long hallway filled with a lot of doors. We walked to the door that said 'Im Yoona' on it.

He opened the door and walked in.

"So this is your office. There's a snack machine and coffee machine at the end of the hall. If you need any help, just go knock on one of the doors, but don't knock on my door. Do you understand?" he asked.

"Yup. Thank you, Nichkhun ssi," I told him.

Nichkhun left without another word. I sighed. Is this how my days in this company is going to be like? If it was, I wasn't so sure I wanted to work here.

"Well, too late to change now. Himnae, Im Yoona!" I said to myself.

I looked around the room. There was my own personal bathroom, a mini-fridge, a desk with a computer, phone, paper, pen and pencils, and a wall full of colorful fabric. There were also all kinds of thing to help make my clothes. 

I looked out the window, and found a beautiful view of Seoul. I could see practically everything here. Maybe it won't be so bad.

 I quickly grabbed my purse and took the elevator down to where Sica was. When I entered, I saw Sica and the photographer guy, Onew.

"Hey, guys," I greeted them.

"Hi! I'm Lee Jinki, but you can call me Onew," the photographer introduced himself.

I smiled and said,"Hello, Onew ssi! I'm Im Yoona, but you can call me Yoong, Yoongie, or Yoon."

I took a seat next to Jessica.

"So what's you guys's project about?" I asked.

"Oh, you know. The usual: posing, taking pictures, make-up, wardrobe," Jessica answered.

I laughed. "Well I know that, Miss Ice Princess," I told her. "I was just wondering whose clothes you'll be wearing, and where you'll be modeling."

"Whatever, Im Choding. And isn't obvious whose clothes I'm wearing?" she said playfully.

I pretended to think.

"I'm not sure. Maybe the clothes that you bought at Forever 21."

We all laughed. When we finally calmed down, everyone in the room were staring at us.

"Um, we should go to a cafe and talk," Onew said.

"Good idea, Onew ssi," I told him.

Onew ssi laughed and said,"Please, don't call me 'Onew ssi'. It makes me sound like an old grandpa."

"Okay, Onew. Let's go!" I said excitedly.

 We decided to go to Starbucks for coffee. I ordered a Mocha Frappacino. Sica ordered a Carmel Frappacino, and Onew ordered the same as Jessica.

"So," Onew said when we grabbed a table,"why did you call Jessica 'Ice Princess' before?"

"Oh, that's just because she has this really cold glare that can send shivers down the meanest person on earth. And because Sica can be your worst nightmare if you piss her off," I explained.

Onew's face became pale after I said that. Jessica and I laughed.

"Don't worry about that. I'm sure Sica wouldn't do it to the person whose going to take amazing pictures of her, but just in case, be extra nice to her," I warned.

Onew and I laughed while Jessica blushed.

"Yah! Im Yoona! You're so dead," she said while giving me her famous glare.

I put up my hands and said,"Fine, forget everything I said, Onew."

"Sure, I'm sure that can happen. Well, now that I have seen her glares, I won't ever take a horrible picture of her. Who knows what she'll do to me," Onew said playfully.

"Whatever, you guys," Jessica said.

For a while, we just drank our coffees, but that silence was broken by Jessica.

"Oh, since Yoon explained my nickname, I should explain hers," she said.

Onew put down his drink, waiting for her to talk.

"So Yoona, here, loves to act like an elementary kid, so I nicknamed her 'Im Choding'.  Trust me, if you get to know her, she'll show you her kid side," she told him.

"So, we have the 'Ice Princess' and the 'Choding'. Interesting. Well, my friends named a condition after me," Onew told us.

Jessica and I looked at each other.

"What's that?" we asked at the same time.

"Wow. You guys are like sisters!" Onew exclaimed.

We laughed. Jessica and I were used to this. We could practically read each other's minds.

"Yeah, we know. Now explain," Jessica said.

"Okay, so I tend to trip a lot. And the fact that I'm really clumsy doesn't help either. So one day, when one of my friends tripped, my other friend said that he had the 'Onew Condition', and that's the condition named after me," he explained.

For a few seconds, we just stared at each other, then we suddenly burst out laughing.

We noticed that people were looking at us strangely, so we grabbed our drinks and headed back. We didn't stop talking. I felt like I'd known Onew forever.

When we got to the building, Onew gave us a tour of the company, and introduced us to some people, like Hyorin, Taemin, and Luna.

By the time I was driving home, I thought 'Maybe working here won't be so bad'.