The Plane

You're the Only Style in my Heart

Nichkhun

 

After my parents dropped the bomb that we were going to Paris, they also told us that we would be leaving the next day (which is today) at 9 AM. They also told me that we were staying there for about 2 to 3 months. I sighed as I waited for the plane to leave.

"Hello, and welcome to Korean Air. We will be traveling to Paris, France today. Please keep your seatbelts on, and feel free to ask any of us, if you have any questions. Thanks you, and enjoy your flight," the attendance lady said.

I groaned. I was seated next to Yoona, who had the window seat, and on the right of Onew, who was sitting next to Jessica. I started typing in Paris on the plane's laptop, and started to do research. Jessica and Onew were talking about their shooting yesterday, and how fun it was. I mentally rolled my eyes. Yoona was just staring out the window, as if expecting a huge bird to fly by.

After about 2 hours in the air, my cousin and Jessica were asleep, while Yoona and I were awake. Yoona was eating a piece of chocolate cake with a can of Coca Cola, while reading a book called The Lightning Thief. I felt a little heart attack when I saw the title.

She used to love that book and series. She would read it all the time.

"Is there something wrong, Nichkhun ssi?" Yoona asked softly.

I tried to shake my head, but my head wouldn't turn. "N-no. Just seeing that book brings back memories. My old girlfriend used to love that series."

I saw Yoona's expression soften. She put down the food, and turned her body to face me.

"Nichkhun ssi, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel," she told me. "M-my sister used to love this series, but then she..."

Yoona's voice cracked, and I saw tears in her eyes.

"Yoona ssi, you don't have to tell me. I don't like talking about my girlfriend either," I told her gently.

She gave me a weak smile and said,"Isn't weird how you can think of so many thing that you could have said to that person, but you only realize it when they're gone?"

I chuckled. "I know what you mean. I would've told her so many things. So much I wanted to experience with her. I just wish I could talk to her, just one last time."

I felt someone's hand on mine. I looked up to see Yoona slightly smiling, as if to tell me she knew how I felt. I haven't found anyone whom I could talk about her death this easily, but with Yoona, she just seemed to understand.

"Hey, Nichkhun ssi, would you like to read this book after me? You know, just to reminisce the past? That's why I always reread this series. It reminds me of her. It's as if a little part of her is with me when I read this series," Yoona explained.

I nodded a little. I wasn't sure if I wanted the memories to flood back, but I knew I wanted to feel her just once more.

"That would be great, Yoona ssi. Thank you," I told her.

This time, she gave me a real smile. "Please call me Yoona, not Yoona ssi. After all, we are going to be working together for quite a while."

I returned the smile and said,"Okay then, Yoona. Call me Nichkhun, or Khun."