Chapter 1

Choice

 

It was a beautiful day. The birds were singing their sweet melodies. The breeze was soothing and brisk. The sun shone down, provising perfect shade. The
2pm gang took advantage of this day to have a picnic in the park.
 
The six charming men were enjoying the day in the shade while eating kimbap and pot stickers.
 
"I think I'll go for a walk," NichKhun said.
 
"I'll come with you," suggested TaecYeon. The two got up and began to walk to the path.
 
"Be careful, you two~" WooYoung called with a cute smile.
 
"We will," the two said, smiling back.
 
They walk down the path in silence for a while, enjoying the peace and quiet. But the silence was broken when the taller of the two spoke.
 
"Can I ask you something, NichKhun hyung?" he asked.
 
"Sure," the other replied."Let's sit over there."
 
He pointed to a bench by a water fountain. They both walked over to the bench and sat down.
 
"So, what did you wanna ask me?"
 
TaecYeon remained silent for a while, staring at the ground. He sighed and looked up, but not at NichKhun.
 
"To you ever feel like you love someone but it feels totally wrong?"
 
The Thai prince chuckled a bit at how the question was pretty much his whole life. He knew it was bad to love WooYoung but he just couldn't help it.
 
"Definitely."
 
"Well... How do you stop it?" The younger looked at his hyung with desparate and sincere eyes. NichKhun stared at him a little, trying to think of a good answer for his dongsaeng.
 
"Well...," he began but paused for a moment. "You can't."
 
The brunette looked at the other with a confused look.
 
"You can't stop loving someone. If you love that person, you just hafta love them. That's just how it works."
 
The older man turned to face the other to see if he had understood what he's said. He saw TaecYeon just nodding at the ground, fully enlightened.
 
"So you can't, huh?" TaecYeon said with a slight smile. "Thanks, hyung~" This time, he had the large grin he always shone.
 
"You're welcome," the other said, ruffling the other hair.
 
Suddenly, he felt a raindrop on his hand.
 
"Omo?" The auburn-haired boy looked up to see dark clouds swirling above them. Little by little, raindrops began falling from above. Luckily, TaecYeon had brought along an umbrella. He sheltered the two of them before the rain started pouring.
 
"We should hurry ba--" The taller one started. He was interupted by a "HYUUUUNG!!" called from behind. The two looked in the direction of the familiar voice to fing WooYoung running their way. His arms were above his head, sheilding himself from the rain.
 
"HYUNG!" He finally managed to retrieve from the harsh rain and shelter under the umbrella.
 
"WooYoung-ah! Why are you here?" NichKhun asked.
 
"I came h-here to fi-find you g-g-guys..," the younger replied, shivering.
 
"WooYoung-ah, are you okay? You look like you're freezing to death!" TaecYoen stated worriedly.
 
NichKhun was about to embrace WooYoung for warmth but TaecYeon beat him to it.
 
"Come here," he said pulling the younger of the three into to his arms and doing his best to warm him. The other just sniffled and cuddled closer. Seeing this, the Thai prince bacome slightly jealous so he changed the subject.
 
"We should get going. The others must be waiting. Let's go."
 
The three of them rushed to the exit of the park. Foretunately, the other members were waiting for them in their van. The van's door slid open  and  JunSu was there leaning over some seats too open the door.
 
"Yah, hurry up!" He called.
 
The three got into the the car and they all went home to the dorm. Unforetunatly, JaeBeom was the one driving, so it was a bit bumpy.
 
They finally got back to the dorm, but WooYoung and TaecYeon weren't back yet. NichKhun went into the kitchen to see if they were they, but he only found JunHo, who was making tea, and ChanSung, who was peeling a banana.
 
"Have you guys seen WooYoung and TaecYeon?" The Thai prince asked.
 
"I think they're in Taec's room." JunHo said without looking up from his tea.
 
"They're probrably making out or something," ChanSung said laughing. "They've been really close lately."
 
"Ha! Yeah! You know, TaecWoo's been really popular lately," JunHo added. "You know, NichKhun hyung, KhunYoung might get replaced if you don't keep up the pace with TaecYeon hyung."
 
NichKhun hurt a little inside hearing this.
 
What if the person TaecYeon was talking about was WooYoung, he thought. No, no. It's impossible. TaecYeon is straight... Right? What if WooYoung falls for him. I can't let that happen. But would it even happen? WooYoung... The auburn-haired man snapped backed to reality.
 
"They're in TaecYeon's room, right?" He asked JunHo once more. The other nodded. With that, the oldest of the three went to his destination. NichKhun was about to knock on the door when it swung open. Startled, he jumped back a little. TaecYeon stood at the doorway, a bit surpised to see his hyung.
 
"Hyung," he said. "What are you doing here?"
 
The other rubbed the back of his, embarrased. "Umm... I was just wondering where WooYoung was."
 
"Oh. He's over there." The taller one pointed over to his bed, where WooYoung lay with a wet towel on his forehead. There were some pills and a glass of
water filled 1/4 of the way. He seemed to be sweating a little and his breathing was a bit fast and loud.
 
"Is he okay?" NichKhun asked a little too worriedly.
 
"Yeah," the other said. "He just got a cold from the rain. He'll be okay. He just needs some rest right now..."
 
The two walked out of the room and TaecYeon quietly closed the door. They went to the living room to see if the others were there. No one was. Suddenly, the younger of the two noticed a note on the table. He picked it up and read it out loud.
 
"Dear NichKhun, TaecYeon, and WooYoung, JunHo, ChanSung, JunSu, and I went to buy a couple of things. If you're hungry, there's some bulgogi and rice in the microwave. Just heat it up for 1 minute. Love, your favorite hyung, JaeBeom." He placed the note back down. "Hm. I guess I should heat up some of the food. But we gotta save some for WooYoung for later," he said while setting the microwave to go off in 1 minute.
 
"Um... TaecYeon-ah..," the Thai began, gaining the other's attention. "Before, in the park... Who was that you were saying that loving them felt wrong?"
TaecYeon stopped what he was doing.
 
"Do..," he started, turning to face his hyung. "... you really wanna know?"
 
The other silently swallowed a lump in his throat, hoping for the best: TaecYeon loving anyone but WooYoung.
 
TaecYeon took his time to gather his courage. This was his first time saying this to anyone. But, he felt like he could trust NichKhun. He finally sighed before finally looking his hyung in the eyes and saying what was afraid to at first.
 
"WooYoung."