Can I tag along?

A Summer Surprise!

(Mochi's POV)

"Annyeong hyungs!" I told the crew as I started leaving from our 7am schedule. 

"Hey where are you going?" Shindong asked.

"Yeah. Where are you going? Don't you want to hang out with your hyungs this afternoon? We were going to go to the amusement park today..." bribed Sungmin and Ryewook, i swear, those two could be twins.

"He probably has a special lady friend at that cafe we saw in the news yesterday," teased Kyuhyun. 

"You really are an evil one aren't you hyung?'' I asked. Seriously! This guy has no regrets.

"Keke, oh Henry..don't mind Kyu. He's just messing with you," explained Leeteuk.

Right. I have to go now. "Maybe I just want to go on my own for today.." I lied. Not very convincing, but i was running low on time.

"Yeah, yeah. just leave." barked Heechul.

"Looks like someone didn't get his beauty rest huh?" teased Kyuhyun. As soon as he said this Heechul began chasing Kyuhyun around the dance studio. I took this as my chance to silently leave. I was yanked back by Leeteuk just before i got out the door. AIGOOOOO. Why can't I just leave?

"Just remember to not expose yourself to whoever you're meeting up with okay?" smiled Teukkie. 

"W-what are you talking about??" I stammered.

"I'm not blind and stupid dongseng." laughed hyung.

"Um.." I started

"Just go before the others find out you left!" exclaimed Leeteuk and shoved me out the practice door. 

Wow. Is it THAT obvious?? I looked at my watch and started heading to the Cafe from yesterday. While I headed downtown to the shop all I could think about was that girl. Huh..I don't even know her name and I'm thinking about her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally got to the shop and just as I was going in i bumped into..THE GIRL?! 

"Ahhh!! Cold ice! Cold ice!" she cried out.

As for me...I was frozen in place. I didn't know what to do!

"Omo! Mianhamnida!!" I finally shouted and grabbed a couple napkins.

"Gamsahamnida....MOCHI-SSHI??" she asked, finally recongnizing me.

"Hehe..ne?" I squeaked, afraid she might blow her top.

"What are-what are you doing here?"

"Getting some coffee."

"But why here?"

"Oh, I don't know, you made some good coffee for me yesterday." I smiled trying to bring the attention away from the disaster that happened to her appealing tank top.

"Ha-ha. Well It's too bad I can't make any for you today."

"Why not?"

"Because my boss gave me the day off since I'm the only one working here. But..at least now i have a reason to go into town. I need to buy a new shirt." She said this as she looked at the mess I caused.

"About that, I'm really sorry. I guess I didn't see you when I walked in." I said with a nervous laugh at the end.

"Well maybe you shouldn't wear sunglasses on a cloudy day." she said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"That may be true. Keke. So what are your plans for the rest of the day? Besides shopping for a new shirt?"

"Well..I just came in to thank Boss for the day off once again and get my favorite thing here, which is now all over my shirt. Other than that I was just going to relax at home."

"Really?" This is my only chance.. "How about this? I'll buy you a new shirt since it was my fault for the spill. Ok?" I offered with a smile.

I could tell she couldn't resist since she smiled back and said "Ok," in a cute American accent with that smile I fell for yesterday.

My face lit up as I asked, "So you don't mind if I tag along with your oh so exciting day?"

She scrunched up her face and stuck out her tongue but answered "No."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought her another coffee and gave her my jacket to cover the stain in front. I must say, she looked rather nice in it. 

After about 10 minutes of walking The Girl teased, "Maybe I'll just keep your jacket Mochi-sshi."

"No you won't...hey, I never got your name." I said.

"Oh. Well, I'm Park Sun-Hee. but everyone calls me Sunny, keke." she replied blushing at her nickname.

"I like your nickname. It's very...tomboyish yet girly."

"Is that good? or bad?"

"I did say I liked it didn't I?" I laughed.

"Hm, that's true." she said. "So you must not have anything interesting to do today. Otherwise why would you be hanging out with a girl who made you coffee yesterday?" 

I thought about how to put my answer without giving away my identity. I stlil can't believe she doesn't recongnize me. Maybe it's the hat and glasses? Not to mention this bag with my other clothes and important stuff.

"Are you okay?" she asked bringing me out from my thought. "You kind of zoned out on me."

"Oh. Ne, I'm fine. But to answer your question, I have afternoons off so I don't have a lot to do either." I smiled innocently to convince her i wasn't hiding anything.

"...OKAY!" she said happily.

"So why is a cute girl like you by herself on summer holiday?" I asked. I realized she stopped and was just looking at me with rosy cheeks. "What?" I laughed.

"You don't know me and you're calling me cute. Why?" I knew she was serious because she was flustered.

"I'm sorry. I just like to speak my mind" I smiled at her and started walking toward the street market.

"The street market?" I heard Sunny's small voice next me and smiled.

"Yeah, ever been here?" She shook her head. "Well let me show you around, there's some really cool things around here if you know where to look." I took her hand and led her to the cart that sold little knick'knacks and trinkets and all sorts of things. Okay, I may have understated the 'cart' part, this place was more like a small retail store.

"Aigoo. This. Is. Amazing." she said amused.

"Come on! Look at their 'awesome wardrobe'!" I pulled her over to the racks of clothes and put on a wide hat, sunglasses, and a scarf and turned around striking a pose.

"AHH! MOCHI! Take that off!" she laughed hysterically. 

"Now it's your turn!" I said and pushed her towards the rack. I turned around and closed my eyes so she wouldn't object. This is so fun, I wish I could do this with the hyungs, but they wouldn't underst...

"Mochi, turn around!" I obeyed and was shocked at the transformation. I saw an old woman in front of me wearing A long gray cloak that dragged on the floor. Her hair was stragly and needed some serious washing. Sungmin-hyung would not allow for hair like that. She also had a cane and was hunched over. All of a sudden I couldn't find Sunny. Where did Sunny go??

"Mochi, how do I look? keke" The voice came from the old lady. YAH?!?! What is going on??  I peeked under the sun hat of the old woman. "Sunny? Is that you??" 

"BOO!" she yelled. I yepled and landed right on my . Way to go Henry. Just fall on your when you're trying to impress a girl. Aigoo. She was laughing so hard and rolling on the ground that I couldn't help but laugh with her.

"You should have seen your face!!" she said as she started to take the costume off.

"You like what you saw hm??" i joked.

"Most definitely! keke!" she laughed but stopped suddenly. I loved her laugh.

"Hey, what are you looking at?..." That's when i spotted the cameras. "Do you want one?" I asked hopefully.

"Ne, I've always wanted one. Can we go look Mochi?..butakamnida?" she said in her irresistable aegyo voice of hers.

"keke, sure Sunny." I replied.

She walked over to the stand with the cameras.

 

I admired her enthusiasm and decided to buy the one she kept picking up and putting back down. She left the salesman and took off toward a mochi ice cream cart. I laughted out loud at the thought of my nickname. So, I bought the camera and put it in my backpack to give to her later. I also decided to surprise her with another gift, a new shirt since she hasn't picked one out yet.

"MOCHI! I bought some of your ice cream." she laughed after she said this since it was a joke.

"Ha-ha. Very funny Sunny. Now give me a bite." I reached for the ice cream but she took off running and giggling, so naturally I chased all through the market. When I finally caught up to her she was sitting down waiting for me with a big smile plastered on her face.

I glared at her smugness but sat by her anyway. "You're fast for a girl you know." I smiled at her.

"I was faster than YOU," she said and stuck out her tongue.

"Only because you cheated!"

"Defensive I see? Hehe."

"Anieyo!...Omo! It's 4 o'clock??"

"Jinjja?? Is is that late? Hm...I guess I should start heading home. How about you? Where are you going fom here?"

I thought about what she said and I'd relly like to know her better. So I went with my instinct. "Nowhere important. (Leeteuk will understand if I miss curfew.) How bout we hang out at your house for a while?" I waited for what seemed like an eternity hoping she wouldn't say no.

"Sure Mochi!" she announced happily.

"Jinjja? Cool, shall we then?" I asked standing up and waiting for her to take hold of my hand.

"Ne." She grabbed my hand which was extremely warm. I didn't think anything of it at the time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well here we are. Home, sweet, home," she said. I was admiring her home until I heard a THUD. I looked toward Sunny only to find her on the floor collapsed!

"SUNNY?? SUNNY WHAT HAPPENED? WAKE UP SUNNY!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

AHHH!! haha, yeah....i don't know if this chapter was  very good (because of the unexpected turn at the end)...but it's DONE! :) 

comments are welcome. they are. please comment. haha

Annyeong!^^