Coffee? Yes, Please.

A Summer Surprise!

(your POV)

*at work in the local coffee shop*

 

You look down at the Super Junior wallpaper on your phone and decide to change it to a cute picture of Super Junior M’s Henry Lau. You smile, satisfied, but are brought down once again at the thought of being single. Aigoo, when will I find someone? Just then a customer walks in the coffee shop and wakes you from your depressed thoughts. He looks kind of familiar…

"Annyeonghaseyo! May I help you?" you ask in your most phony work-loving voice.

“One coffee, please?” The cute boy asks with the absolute cutest smile ever. Wahhh...his voice!

 

“Ne, one coffee for..?” you ask desperate to find out his name.

“Umm...just make it out to…Mochi!” he says holding his finger up to cover his dimple as he smiles.

 

“Mochi? Keke, is that a nickname?” you ask just to hear his heavenly voice again as you write his name on the cup.

“Actually, yeah.” He says surprised

 

"Oh...haha...lucky guess then?” you ask smiling.

 

“Yeah.” He whispers, smiling back at you. You blush. “One coffee for Mochi!”

 

"Ahh..gamsahamnida." he says smiling and walking to the door.

 

"Anieyo.." you say practically to yourself.


(Henry's POV)

 

Heol…I need some juice to wake me up after the 6am practice we had. Let's see…its 10 o'clock now. Hm. This place looks promising. The Coffee Cafe? I guess there's only one way to find out.

 

Ding! I was a little startled by the sound the door made when I walked in but quickly collected myself since there was a cute, but depressed looking girl behind the counter. It seemed like she didn’t like working here. I strolled up to the counter without hesitation since it was unlikely that any fan girls would notice me here because well…the place was deserted.

As I was looking around, a soft aegyo voice came out of nowhere!

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! May I help you?" the girl said.

 

“One coffee, please?” I asked using my signature smile.

 

“Ne, one coffee for..?” she asked, seeming interested.

“Umm...just make it out to…Mochi!” I squealed in my cute dimple pose, which made her smile.

“Mochi? Is that a nickname?” she giggled, enjoying the show.

“Actually, yeah.” I replied surprised.

 

“Oh. Lucky guess then?” ​​​​​​she asked trying to hide her embarrassment.

 

“Yeah.” I whispered to her, waiting for her to explode like the fan girls I'm usually being hounded by.

 

But all she said was, “One coffee for Mochi!” She surprised me again with her secrecy...or maybe she just didn't know? But who doesn't know me...or Super Junior?

 

"Ahh..gamsahamnida." I said to the girl, thankful for my energy juice. I don't care if Teukkie-hyung said it's not good for us, especially after practice, but I'm desperate.

 

I started out the door when I heard her say, "Anieyo.." which made me smile all the way home. Maybe I'll come back tomorrow.


(Your POV)

*a few hours later walking home from work*

 

Aigoo, it was a long day today. I just want to go home, take a hot shower, get my daily dose of Super Junior videos, and go to sleep. I hope Umma and Appa are doing okay on their holiday. Maybe I'll give them a call before bed.

 

With that decided I unlocked the doors to my parents' house and dropped my keys onto the little table stand off to the right. I locked the door behind me and set off into the living room where my computer and surround system sat waiting to be blasting with Super Junior. I walked over, put on Super Junior M’s “Off My Mind”, and turned the volume all the way up. Luckily, my closest neighbors were half a mile down the road so I didn't have to worry. I looked at the clock and it read 8:10 pm. Maybe I should call them now, before it gets too late.

 

I grabbed my phone and punched in her number. Once, twice, three times it rang and I got her voicemail. Well, I had better leave a voicemail just in case.

 

"Annyeong Umma! It's Sunny. I was just calling to check in with you and Appa. I hope you two are having a great time in the USA. Boss gave me the day off tomorrow, so that is good news. Aigoo, it was a long day today though. There weren’t a lot of customers again being that it’s summer holiday. Since all my friends are on holiday also, I don't have a lot to do tomorrow. Well, call me when you can. Sarangahae Umma, Appa."

 

Aishh, I'm so lonely. I thought food would cheer me up since I haven't eaten since 3pm. I found some noodles and ate that. Once I was done I jumped in the shower. I let the hot water run over my body while I thought about my lack of social skills.

My thoughts then wandered to Mochi. I can't explain why but something about was driving me crazy. I think it was the fact that I couldn't place where I've seen him before. Deju vu maybe? No that can't be it. Yah! I have to stop thinking about Mochi. Or I'm going to go crazy!

 

With that last thought, I shut off the water and got dressed. As soon as I was finished, I sat down at my computer and checked my email and Super Junior updates. One headline caught my immediate attention: “HENRY LAU'S NEW SECRET HANGOUT??” It showed a picture of the cafe I work at?!

 

"WAEYO! Why does everything happen when I'm not at the Cafe??" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I tried to remember today's events of when Henry Lau could have possibly came in and ordered something or even just peeked his head in.

 

"Maybe it was when I was in the storage. Or when I was on one of my thinking periods where I think about how sorry I feel for myself...Yah! Curse my negative mind!" I decided to leave it at that. I was pretty sure it couldn't have been Mochi.

 

"Oh well, I suppose I missed my one chance to meet my bias...Henry Lau," I said sadly.

 

"OK, let's see..what can i do tomorrow?" I said thinking aloud. "Maybe I'll stop by the C. Cafe tomorrow morning for my favorite iced coffee--Iced Mocha w/ extra whip cream and caramel." Thinking of the idea made my stomach growl. I'm such a fatty, always thinking about food.

 

"Oh, I'll also stop by the Cafe to say thanks to boss again. Then maybe go to the mall. And watch a movie afterw-…wait. Who am I supposed to do all this with??" I complained.

 

"I knew i should've went on holiday with Cho-Mi and Heesuk. Aigoo! Well, tomorrow I will heighten my social skills and make a few more new friends." (A/N: Or maybe fifteen more!) I finally wore myself down mentally and turned in for the night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUM DUM DUMMMM! SOO??? How's this so far? I know it's short but I feel like I should write a chapter a day. Even if it means writing really long chapters or short ones. Either way...I'll be updating very often!! YAY! :) And I'm sorry for the monologues...but she is a lonely girl. But please! Tell me if you like it so far? Saranghae! <3 OH YEAH! I'm thinking of making the whole next chapter in Mochi's POV and then I'll keep switching off from there...sound good? :D

 

UPDATE 2019: I reformatted this first chapter and might do the same for the rest. TBH I’d rather completely rewrite this story. I started this when I was in HS and it is honestly just so incredibly cringey~ v.v We’ll see though.