Party Time!!

A Summer Surprise!

Henry locked his phone after receiving the message from Donghae. He then looked into the back of the car, seeing two black bags; he lifted them and placed them into the front seat.  He looked back toward the restaurant, where Sun Hee was walking back toward the sleek car. Henry put the bags in his lap as Sun Hee opened the door and seated herself.

“Hm, what’s that Henry?” Sun Hee asked while she strapped herself in.

“We need to stop somewhere so we can change,” Henry said, smiling as he backed out of the dimly lit parking lot.

“Change? What do you mean?” She had a puzzled look on her face as Henry parked in front of the SuJu dorm and held up the two bags in his lap.

“Donghae left us a present and he texted me telling us to put these on before we came back to the house,” Henry explained bluntly, a small smile tugging at his lips, “Come on, I think they’re waiting on us.” Henry got out of the car and went around opening the door for his date; he guided her into the dorm and unlocked the door, stepping inside. Henry told her where the bathroom was so she could change, whereas for himself, he went to his and Zhou Mi’s room to change into the neon blue suit picked out by Heechul. Sun Hee, on the other hand, was given a bright pink and green dress, colors in which she deemed too bright for her taste, but she had no choice but to wear it since the dress was most likely picked by Heechul and she didn’t want to deal with the Drama Queen.

Henry emerged from his bedroom and waited in the main room of the house for Sunny. Sunny was looking over herself in the two watermelon-like colors when she heard a door open and close down the hall, which could only be Henry. She was feeling so nerve racked throughout the night, mostly because of her and Henry’s close proximity on the park rides and the movie and dinner at a local fast food joint instead of the restaurant Donghae recommended.

She checked over her makeup and adjusted the front part of her dress in hopes of revealing a little more than what her previous outfit had allowed. She wondered what awaited her at her own house that called for such attire, but her thoughts of wonder left her mind as her eyes fell upon a bright blue figure calmly sitting on the sofa, head back against the wall and eyes closed. In all honesty, Sunny had never seen Henry so serene and so…y. She audibly gulped while she took in the image of Henry’s exposed neck and spread limbs that hung over the edge and along the back of the furniture piece.

Sunny coughed, loud enough for Henry to flutter his eyes to clarity and stumble to regain his stature in front of the delicate flower standing before him. He quickly got up and rubbed the back of his neck before smiling at his date.

“Sorry,” he chuckled nervously. Sunny just smiled back at him before pecking him on the cheek, making him blush. They went back out to the car and strapped themselves in only to drive back to Sunny’s house; little did they know what would happen that night and how the devilish Christian man had proposed such a game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the house, thirteen mischievous men were planning the most extreme (in their opinion) game of Truth or Dare. Kyuhyun was busy making the ‘Dares’ portion of the game and writing all the deeds on bits of paper and stuffing them into an old fishbowl he found in Sun Hee’s room. Siwon had paired up with Heechul and started writing the ‘Truth’ portion of the game. Everyone, including Zhou Mi was surprised at the Christian-Atheist duo. The Eunhae couple was in the kitchen, setting up drinks for the night. Everyone else was pretty much running around to check if everything was fine. Kyuhyun had put the last handful of dares in the fishbowl when the door bell rang. Everyone froze in their tracks and looked at each other before Siwon and Heechul stuffed whatever ‘Truth’ papers they had finished into the bowl and ran away as if not to seem like the culprits.

Ryeowook went to the door but Heechul pushed him out of the way and fixed his pink tux before opening the door to the bright colored couple. His face lit up and he yelled to Donghae to confirm that they were wearing the outfits. He welcomed them in with warm smiles, hiding the devilish smirk all the while. The young couple, unbeknownst of the evening plans, followed the diva throughout the house in wonder. They looked around them as the house was transformed from plain and simple, to extravagant.

The living room was now covered in neon colored streamers and silver balloons. There were strobe lights going off in the living room and the halls were decorated with confetti and little specs of glitter.

“How are we going to clean all this up?” Sunny whispered to Henry, who shrugged and smiled at her worry even when she was in the most beautiful house they could have been in at that moment. Heechul then brought them to the main part of the house, which happened to be the kitchen due to the situation.

The rest of the members were all present and clad in equally bright, but not repetitive, colored tuxedos, which would only be worn once and trashed by the end of the night. Sunny was, to say the least, surprised that Heechul managed to find so many different colored suits. It seemed the ‘men’ in the relationships were wearing black and the more feminine partners were wearing the colored suits. Heechul was wearing Red, Sungmin was wearing Pink, Ryeowook was wearing yellow, Leeteuk was sporting White, Kibum wore gray, Zhou Mi was wearing green, and Eunhyuk and Donghae were wearing half black and half orange suits, probably because no one can ever figure out who’s who in that relationship.

Henry looked down at his suit and at Sunny’s dress. He shrugged and walked Sunny over to the guys and whatever they were standing around. They all had smiles plastered to their faces and kept blushing at one another. Leeteuk came around behind the two and covered Sunny’s eyes while the others uncovered the cake. Everyone quietly counted to three before they broke out in chorus as Leeteuk unveiled her eyes.

As they sang, Sunny’s eyes grew wide at the odd cake they had chosen and smiled so wide she thought her face would split in two, after the song, she ran to all of them before squealing ‘Thank You’ and ‘I’m so happy’ and ‘You are the best’ right into their well trained ears. They hugged her back with equal force before bursting into laughter and smiles.

Eunhyuk walked back around to the cake and was about to start cutting the cake before Ryeowook snatched the knife and wagged it in his face.

“We don’t want another incident now, do we?” he asked the anchovy before cutting the cake and handing out a piece to everyone. Just then, the doorbell rang. Sunny looked at the guys with a questioning look before Ryeowook went to open the door to the party guests Kangin and Leeteuk had invited. Some of Sunny’s friends had showed up out of nowhere. She thought they were still on vacation, then again she had been busy the past few days to check her messages and not to mention the fact that Super Junior, her ultimate band bias had probably called, begging them to come home for this one night. She was genuinely happy with the heartfelt gesture the guys had made, but then she remembered they were famous and went into a panic. She ran around, trying to find Leeteuk and Heechul to ask them what was going through their heads when they decided to invite strangers and friends to the house while they were there. She finally found Leeteuk pouring himself a drink.

“Oppa! What the hell were you guys thinking inviting all these people, especially knowing who you guys are?!” Sunny practically screamed at Leeteuk due the electronic thumping emitting from the living room, now dance floor. Said person turned around and looked at the girl who squealed at him. She had to double-take to make sure it was Leeteuk. When she realized it wasn’t him she apologized and started to turn away.

“Yah, Sunny, it is me. I don’t look like myself, right? I know. Heechul, Ryeowook and Sungmin all helped with disguises for everyone, well except Henry, which is probably why you won’t find either of those four for the next ten minutes. So, for the next few hours or so we are just SuJu Look-Alikes,” he flashed her his famous dimpled smile and chuckled at her awe-struck features. She then started to poke his face, trying to figure out which part of his features was false, it was his nose.

“Omo! Oppa, your nose!!” she squealed and covered with the tips of her fingers. She giggled afterward and ran off to look for the ‘Super Junior Look-Alike Members”. When she found them, she could point out the disguises and couldn’t help but laugh to herself.  Cho Mi and Heesuk had finally found Sunny and told her about their adventures in France and they wish she were with them.

“Why don’t you come back with us this time?” Cho Mi asked, nudging Sunny slightly and giving her a wink.

“There are some really cute French guys out there that we could introduce you to?” Heesuk offered. Sunny shook her head before a wide smile took up nearly half her face.

“That all sounds really fun, it really does and I would do anything to get out of the country and explore-”

“Well then come with us! Please?” Cho Mi asked again, tugging on the hem of Sunny’s dress.

“-but, I actually met someone here. I have to say, I’m really happy with him,” Sunny finished, the small smile tugging on the corner of her lips as she thought of Henry, who just so happened to be in her point of view.

“WHAT?! You didn’t care to call us when this whole thing happened??” Heesuk squealed at her. Sunny simply giggled at her friend’s disbelief and slight outrage.

“In fact, he’s right over there…in the blue suit,” she said with a small laugh, pointing in the direction of her beloved. She watched her friends’ eyes go wide with awe and soon they turned back to her and dragged her to the restroom where they found two guys, both wearing half black and orange suits, making out on the sink counter. Cho Mi, being the aggressor of the three, yelled at the two sea creatures and told them they needed to get out so they could have a “few words” with the birthday girl. Flustered and beet red to be caught by two strangers, the two quickly left without sparing Sunny a glance and leaving her alone with the two maniacs.

“What the heck Sun! You could’ve called us and bragged about the major, scale-breaking hottie you now have as a BF ya’know!” Cho Mi shrieked at the girl cringing against the toilet seat.

“I tried calling! YOU TWO never seemed to answer! Do you know how much I’ve missed the two of you crazy people?! I’ve been through so much in the past couple of weeks! First I’m at work, right? Then, I see this really cute guy come into the store, his name is Mochi-“

“Like the ice cream?” Cho Mi interrupted. Sunny held up her finger, but nodded, before continuing.

“-then, I run into him the next day, but this time we literally run into each other and since it was my day off, I went in to get my favorite like always and it ends up all over my shirt. So, we end up going to a street market and we have the best time there until I get an allergic reaction to the pineapple that was in the mochi ice cream I bought, ironic, I know. I wake up in the livingroom on the couch and then he introduces all his hyungs to me and there are fourteen of them!! It was insane! Anyway, the next few days were kind of a blur, except when we ran into his crazy ex-girlfriend at Lotte World and I break down and our existences to each other were almost nonexistent that day! That is, until his hyungs explain EVERYTHING to me and I forgive him and lately, he and his hyungs have been taking care of me since the high class doctor said I needed someone to take care of me for the next month. So far everything has been great and I’m sorry if I hadn’t had the time to call you guys and tell you about everything but-everytime-i’ve-tried-calling-you-never-seem-to-pick-up-and-i-just-couldn’t-waste-my-time-anymore-when-i-had-other-things-slash-people-to-worry-about!” Sunny yelled, using the last of her breath before having to inhale a massive amount of air and began panting after her long rant to her closest two friends. Cho Mi and Heesuk just stood there, shocked at their friend’s sudden outburst and immediately began apologizing and hugging Sunny. Sunny let out a sigh of relief and hugged her friends back before deciding to head back out to the party.

When they revealed themselves back onto the scene, the party was in full swing. Yesung was DJ-ing and most of the Super Junior members could be seen throughout the dance floor including, much to Sunny’s surprise, Kyuhyun and Henry. When Cho Mi and Heesuk told Sunny that they had brought dates, she excused herself to be with her boyfriend who was, at the moment, dancing to SHINee’s Ring Ding Dong. The sight made her break out into a small smile as she gently made her way over to the popping dancer. The song had just ended and he received a round of applause until his eyes landed on the girl in a green dress who was staring back at him with the same heartwarming smile. Daesung’s Baby Don’t Cry had started to play and the many people present had started pairing up automatically while some began to look for their dates or to freshen up.

Henry made his way to Sun Hee and bowed slightly, holding his hand out to her. She blushed at the gesture and happily accepted his hand. The song was soft and slow and somewhat sensual as Sunny wrapped her delicate, pale arms around this man, whom she had only met a week or so ago, and the feelings she felt when she was around him. She reminisced about the first time she saw him at her work. She couldn’t believe she hadn’t recognized him then when just moments before she was ogling a Henry Lau wallpaper plastered on her phone. She remembered the first day she went with him to the street market and how he loved antiquities as well as the odd things in life as she did. She must have done something great in her past life to deserve such a surprise this particular summer. She loved how every time he touched her, a bolt of energy would surge through her body and she would become breathless at the sight of his adorable smile. She loved having her arms wrapped his neck in such close proximity with this kind of atmosphere. At this realization, she was sure she loved him, just as he was. She glanced up at him, gave him a small smile, quickly pecked him on the lips, and rested her head against his shoulder for the rest of the song. 

Henry, however, simply watched the girl, a few centimeters shorter than he was while she was in heels, and how her face would change expression from content to complete adoration. He couldn’t believe what an eventful week he had. He never meant to fall in love with the girl who worked behind the counter in a coffee shop that first encounter. The whole thing just happened, but he was glad it did. He had never felt happier in his life, even when he was with Amber he had never felt this kind if intensity toward the other. He stared at her brown orbs which were staring back up at him and suddenly, his eyes got squinty and his face felt like it was going to split in two from his larger than life smile. She was smiling back at him and kissed him. As she pulled away and laid her head on his chest he smiled into her soft hair as they swayed to the smooth melody of the music. He had to think of a really good way to repay his hyungs for this one. He sighed and realized he loved her. It was similar to love at first sight, but at the same time, it was more than that. He felt like she was the only one in the world for him; the only one he could ever love; the only one he could ever see himself with; the only one. He gave her a light squeeze around the waist and smiled again after admitting his feelings. He decided that tonight was the night he would confess to her and hoped everything would go smoothly.

They were in the middle of dancing when the door suddenly burst open and gasps went around the room and everyone, including the couple of the night, looked toward the doorway.

“Hey! Look who finally got here and guess which celebrity I brought to the party! Sunny, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” She recognized that voice, and how it sounded when he was tipsy. All of a sudden she felt sick to her stomach as she clutched to Henry’s shoulder and went pale. She was the last person on Earth that she wanted to see. Especially tonight and he was with the one girl Henry didn’t want to see.

“Hey guys,” she said and Henry clutched Sun Hee’s waist and let out a shaky breath before looking down at his date, who was now forming tears in her eyes.

“Amber-”

“Seunghyun?”

---------------------------------

Omo! Annyeong my fishies! J im so glad to FINALLY update again! Mianhe for taking so long! But its 2:08 in the morning right now and I want to sleep… L hehe, but here’s the next chapter of the birthday! There’s a whole mess coming up AND the game that could be the downfall of Sun-Mi and Henry’s relationship! I think im going to rewrite the whole first couple of chapters…mostly because there will have less mistake and the story will flow a lot better.  *hides face ashamed. Haha, I don’t even remember half the things I wrote in the beginning. Ughhh! Haha. Oh well. Ive noticed that my writing has come a long way from its previous state. :D for that, im happy.! Well…ENJOY THIS CHAPTER^^~