Spending the Day with Sunny...

A Summer Surprise!

 

(Henry’s POV) *1 hour later*

We finally arrived at the mall, everyone on a mission. Aishh, keeping Sunny occupied is going to be a challenge. Why am I stuck in this situation? I might crack under pressure! What if the plan accidentally slips out and she finds out? Will the hyungs hate me? What will—?

“Henry! Snap out of it!” Donghae was shaking me by the shoulders, causing my head to wobble back and forth. I came out of my stupor and followed Donghae aside.

“What’s the matter with you??” he fiercely whispered.

“What if I mess this up??” I blurted out in a rush. His expression softened and he let out a small chuckle.

“You won’t. You’re just over-thinking it Henry,” a soft smile reached my eyes and I felt his warm palm on my cheek. “Come back to the group now Henry, it’s for Sunny after all,” Donghae whispered and led me back to the group with their facemasks intact.

“Sorry Sunny, but us hyungs have some…errands to run. Is this okay?” I heard Leeteuk finish when me and Donghae returned.

“Oh,” she replied, her expression faltered. “Well who am I going with then?” her tone of voice changing as she smiled. I hooked my arm with her and interlaced our fingers as I pulled her toward the mall entrance.

“You’re coming with me today, cutie.” I boldly whispered in her ear. I saw the faint color rise to her cheeks when she giggled and looked back toward the hyungs who started to follow.

“Oh really? Well where are we going oppa?” she asked in a sultry voice. I stopped in my tracks and turned ever so slowly to smirk at her.

“Sunny, I won’t be able to concentrate today if you keep using that tone.” Her face flushed and she just squeezed my hand. I think I even heard her mutter an apology while I still lead her through the crowds at the mall. I coy smile played along the corners of my lips. We had reached the center of the mall and stopped at the directory. Even though I knew where every department store was, thanks to Zhou Mi, I still stopped and asked her where she would like to go.

“Hmm….how about….no…ooh! Would you want to…wait no, I’ll save that for later. Argh! I can’t decide. There are so many places. Do we have a time limit Henry?” she asked looking at me with her hazel brown eyes to answer her little question. I shook my head with a smile and her expression lifted into that of a child in a candy store. She squealed slightly and jumped around in the spot. I giggled at her cuteness when she finally decided on something.

“How about we just go through EVERY store from,” she pointed to one end, “end to end,” she finished pointing to the opposite side of the mall. I rubbed my chin and thought about it. I doubt we’ll get through every store, but if we don’t finish I can bring her back tomorrow! I’m sure the hyungs will need time to decorate anyway. Yes! Smart Henry…very smart.

“Henry? Did you hear me?” Sunny asked tugging on my sleeves. I swear, this girl is way too cute for my own good…

“Ah, yes Sunny. Hehe, well…which side do you want to start on? Which floor? This is a big mall you know,” I said playfully, making it seem like she wouldn’t be able to ever finish. She pouted in response before dragging me to the left side of the mall.

We made our way to the escalators to get to the second floor when my pocket vibrated. I took the small device and glanced at the screen. It was a message from Donghae:

From: Fishy

hey hen. me nd hyukkie

r heading 2 the left end of

the mall. first flr. where r u nd

Sunny? let evry1 knw.

Received: 1:17pm

I read the message and sent our whereabouts to at least one hyung in each group when we reached the top.

Msg To: Fishy, Kyu, Diva, Teukkie,

Wookie

hey guys. me & sunny r on the

top flr. left side.gng twrds

bookstore.

__Henry

Sent: 1:21pm

I snapped my phone shut and followed after Sunny when she went to the supply section of the store.

“Sorry if you don’t want to be here,” she said, glancing sideways at me.

“Ani, ani. It’s fine. I’ll go wherever you want to go today. K?” I smiled at her and her cheeks f turned a deep pink. Well I’m glad my ’charm’ still works on her.  I smiled to myself. We looked around for a bit, skimming through each section. I have to admit I was nervous when we went through the romance section. Sunny had been innocently looking through titles and here I was, just trying to avert looking at the covers. Sunny tugged on my sleeve and asked what I thought about the book she was holding. The paperback was hot pink and the title seemed innocent enough: All but One. She was smiling too damn cute for me to not read the description. So I began reading out loud.

Danielle had always been desired by all the guys in her apartment building. All of sudden, a new tenant, Jason, comes to live in the vacant apartment next door and Danielle finds him extremely attractive. Her thought become filled with image of what he would do to her once she got her legs wrapped around his rock hard…YAH! SUNNY!! What are you making me read?!” I dropped the book to the floor as if it was a snake. I was looking down at the book in horror and Sunny had doubled over and started laughing like a hyena. I pouted at her and when she finally calmed down, she crawled toward the book and placed it back on the shelf, wiping away imaginary tears and came to hug my stiff body.

“I’m sorry Mochi, but I just couldn’t resist,” she giggled into my chest. “Aishh, Sunny, you’re as bad a Kyuhyun-ah,” I grimaced as the infamous smirk of my hyung came into mind. She let me go and I started walking toward the exit. We continued to walk around and I hear Sunny giggle every now and then about the earlier incident.

About an hour had passed and we were still aimlessly roaming around and would see the hyungs ever so often. And I would start to flip out before sending an angry message to them.

The contents usually being:

YAH!! I told u whr we were&

whr we were heading!!

Wht wuldve Happened if she

Saw wht u Bought?!

ASDGFKHJFA!!

And the replies would be:

Yahh…Henry calm down.

U dnt match angry.

It only makes u cuter.

Hehehe.

This only made me facepalm each time. I’m pretty sure my forehead had a massive crimson handprint on it by now. I rubbed the sore spot on my face and stopped abruptly when I bumped into Sunny, who had decided to halt and look at the store that was standing before her. I followed her gaze and realized what kind of store she wanted to explore with me next. All my mind could register was: Oh. No. I looked down at Sunny only to be met with those gorgeous brown orbs looking back at me. I facepalmed myself for the millionth time that day as she took my hand and dragged me to the dreaded boutique…Ooh La Lingerie. Even the name of the store was ridiculous! I really hoped none of my hyungs would find me here. I spoke too soon. My phone went off and it was Kyu who texted me this time. Hm? It’s usually Donghae. So I checked my phone while I stood in the middle of the store getting curious glances from the other women in the store.

From: Kyu

HENRYYY! whr r u man? Me

and Minnie are on th top flr.

near tht 1 lingerie store.

Received: 3:49pm

WHAAAAATTTTT????! Ahh! What do I do?? Why did they have to stop HERE? Dammit Siwon…argh! I guess I’ll just tell them.

Msg To: Kyu

…I’m in that store…

w/ Sunny… SHE

DRAGGED ME HERE!

Sent: 3:51pm

From: Kyu

HAHAHA! We r sooo coming

in. c u soon. ;)

Received: 3:51pm

My day couldn’t get any worse. At least that’s what I thought before the couple came in. Kyuhyun strolled through the door and grazed his eyes over the store until they found me. I covered my face, trying to hide a little longer from them but my hiding tactics were proven weak when I felt Kyuhyun’s arms wrap tightly around me and pick me up off the ground. I was surprised that has twig-like arms had any strength.

“Ah, annyeong hyung,” I deadpanned.  I really didn’t want to be caught in this store, especially by Kyuhyun…

“Bonjour, Henry,” Kyunhyun said in an impressive French accent. His lopsided smile appeared on his face and Minnie giggled and ran to Sunny who was looking at some lacey and bras. I quickly turned my back to them. When I was facing Kyuhyun again, he was watching Sungmin-ah intently, watching what he would pick.

“What are you doing in here Kyu?” I asked him, rubbing my temples. I felt a headache coming on from all the stress today.

“Actually, Minnie wanted to come in here...to get something.” His eyes looked around the store, searching for something.

“What? What is he looking for??” I glanced back toward Sungmin and Sunny. they moved onto the ‘cosplay outfits’ part of the shop.

“Ooooooh. You guys are s,” I said turning back to Kyuhyun.

“It’s fun, and no one else complains. They’re as -y as me and Minnie,” he said smiling rather creepily.

“Mhm, well I hope this is our last stop for the day. I’m tired…mentally and physically. Oh well, we’ll see what she wants to do after---” I was cut off by Sunny’s singsong voice.

“Henry! What do you think of this?” she asked holding up a maid’s outfit next to an angel outfit. They were both y but I had no place to say. I felt the heat rush to my face and just placed my face in my hand and walked out of the shop with Sungmin and Sunny giggling and Kyuhyun followed me out. Apparently Sungmin didn’t want him to see what he was picking out.

“It’s ok Henry,” Kyu chuckled, “you’ll get used to it.”

“She’s been doing that all day,” I whined.

“Really??”

“Ne, she keeps reminding me of you,” I deadpanned and Kyuhyun swatted my arm. I stuck out my tongue and leaned against his shoulder and closed my eyes for a split second before I felt a sudden weight on my lap, it was Sungmin. I leaned my head onto his back and bit it. I was kind of cranky.

“YAH! Henry! Didn’t your parents teach you not to bite people?!” Sungmin cried, trying to rub the spot my teeth pinched. I just snickered at him and shrugged my shoulders.

“I guess not,” I said, sticking my hands in my pocket. Kyuhyun got up from his seat and grabbed Sungmin’s hand. And kissed his forehead.

“Come on, let’s finish our shopping. Tell us when you’re ready Henry.” Kyuhyun giggled and took off with Minnie.

“Ok,” I called after them, “So where to now?” I asked Sunny who was standing against the railing with in an ‘O’ shape, holding a large bag from with the store logo plastered on the side for the world to see. Great.

“What?”

“Nothing, I just didn’t know you could be mean.”

“I can when the opportunity presents itself.”

“Hm, I like it. It’s y,” her cheeks turned a familiar color and she pulled to yet another store.

“Last store, I promise.” Well…she promised and I did say I would follow her today. Hm? The candy store? This’ll be fun.

“I haven’t been here in ages,” she mused. I swear, this girl could kill the cutest bunny on earth…oh wait, that’s Minnie.

“I think the last time I was here was with my parents…” I said, trying to remember the last time I was even with my parents.

“Ooh! Henry doesn’t this look good?” she pointed to some jelly beans and then some chocolate, then some more chocolate and more jelly candy.

“Get whatever you want Sunny, I’ll pay for this one.” I said, smiling when I saw how excited she was. I picked out some candy too and we left the store about thirty minutes later with four different bags filled with all sorts of goods. We decided to get back to the entrance and ate candy on the way back. I messaged the hyungs, telling them we were waiting at the entrance and were finished shopping. I finally realized Sunny was on a Sugar high from all the chocolate and junk. This only made me laugh even more and I looked down at the bags of candy we had and noticed that two and a half bags were empty!

“Sunny? Hehe, are you on a sugar-high?” I asked, giggling at her. I knew she was, I just wanted to know if she knew.

“What?? Nooooo!! Why would I be on a—hahahah—sugar high?” She kept laughing until she started yawning and finally sat down beside me. She yawned and rubbed her eyes, like a little kitten. And there’s the crash. I facepalmed my forehead for, hopefully, the last time that day, but this time it was for a funny reason. I couldn’t believe Sunny getting a sugar rush and crashing while we were still at the mall. She was fast asleep on my shoulder when the hyungs finally showed up and when they saw Sunny, they looked at me like I did something wrong. I just laughed in their faces and held up the three empty candy bags. They realized then that Sunny crashed big time and started laughing too. Zhou Mi picked up Sunny’s purchases and gave me a questioning look when he picked up the Ooh La Lingerie bag.

“Ask Minnie,” I deadpanned when I started to pick up Sunny bridal-style. Siwon looked at Zhou, then at the bag, then at Minnie, who was holding a similar bag.

“Minnie?” he asked while we were walking out the doors. Sungmin winked at Kyuhyun and then answered Siwon.

“I just gave her my opinion, she was the one who wanted it.” I paused in my tracks and looked down at her face. I shook my head and kept walking. We finally got back to the van and piled in. not wanting to disturb her sleep, I placed Sunny on my lap while we started driving back to her house. Sunny’s breath was hot on my neck and made me shiver in my seat. Her arms were wrapped around my neck and she would shift her position every once in a while.

We arrived back at the house around 6 o’clock and everyone took all their party supplies into their rooms Sunny let them sleep in. Luckily she was asleep, so we could do all the transferring with ease. I took Sunny back to her room and laid her on her bed. I tried to untangle her arms from around my neck, but she wouldn’t budge. I sighed and tried a different approach. I placed my hands on either side of her head and leaned down as far as I could until I smelled her sweet scent.

“Sunny?” I breathed in her ear and I felt her shiver beneath me.

“Ngh..” she moaned.

“Can you let me go?” I queried again, tugging on her fingers around my neck. She slowly shook her head.

“Why not?” I asked again in her ear.

“Because…” she whispered, her voice filled with sleep.

“Because why?” I smiled into her neck, swinging my leg over her petite body.

“Because I don’t want to let go,” she said as I fell onto the bed and lay next to her, her arms still wrapped around my neck.

“Ok, don’t let go then.” With that, I kissed her lips and she snuggled closer to me going back to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHA!^^ Chapter 10 is FINALLY UP! :D i'd like to dedicate this chapter to two people. ;)

one is MayLoveKpop bc she likes my writing and she always leaves such nice comments that make

an author happy! :D 

and the second to my sister! bc its her birthday and she has also been waiting for this chapter for a while :))

SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAE-TAE!! MinChan loves you^^

THAnk you my subscribers^^ i wish i had more on both stories though :( *sadface*

*sigh* but i guess i can't complain. at least SOMEONE is reading them....right?? :)

okokok. i'll stop rambling and i hope to get chapter 11 up by the end of the week k? :))

Love you guys! :D