The 'New Breed' of Mankind

History of EXO and the Two Races

 

The Earth Association was the government body representing the whole of mankind within the Solar System. From the early days of the unified Earth Association and its planetary offices, the development of the Solar System and implementation of the Fourth Galactic development program had been completed and set in stone as one of the greatest achievements of mankind.
 
 
During the stages of the Fourth Galactic development program, the joint venture of the Criminal Detention Association and Earth Association to create an all-powerful new breed of human faced a dilemma. This joint venture to evolve humans into a more aggressive species, and more importantly a new breed of soldier, was put under the supervision of the Earth’s Military Contingent. The problem facing the Military Contingent was, in order to carry out their plans for a Galactic conquest, they would have to find an alternative means to do so outside of their pre-existing human bodies. For as it stood, they felt it was too weak to stand a modern day war. The EMC did not want to share resources or their civilization with any other species or civilization. Their belief was that only people could conquer the galaxy, believing that humans would be the ruling race. Thus, in order to achieve this objective, their weak bodies would have to be strengthened beyond their current design.
 
 
The war with the Koop Sector’s Arr civilization during the First Galactic Development plan plus the violent war within the Busou Sector and their Calamanju civilization during the Third Development plan left a huge mark on the galaxy, endangering mankind. Not only were there these civil disputes among the Earth colonies, there were also threats from other civilizations and creatures posing a very definite threat to mankind. These terrorizing times led to the EMC to carry out their Top Secret experiments resulting in the ‘New Breed’ of mankind project.
 
The EMC assigned numerous sectors as special development areas and these were spread through the outskirts of the galaxy. The experimentation involved gene splicing, steroid and medicinal infusion to create stronger bodies, plus activated premature evolution to adapt to the special environments. The EMC focused their experiments on maximizing human ability both mentally and physically. These experiments weren’t without their casualties, with subjects dying or mutating into terrible monsters incapable of self-control.
 
The experiments continued in secret and were kept from publics’ ears and eyes. To the EMC, the subjects of experimentation were simply guinea pigs aiding the development of mankind. Even with the loss of all known humanity and coherent thought, these subjects would still be useful to the military. The Novus Sector lay home to this giant laboratory.
 
The Planet Leguin in the EXO Sector was home to the Nurture Experiment. This set of experiments opened up mental abilities, but the subjects were prone to huge mental stresses, losing their minds and turning into aggressive and violent beasts. Similar experiments on the Planet Nilben under the guise of the Evolution Project, focused on the human adaptability to huge gravitational pressures. Again it failed and resulted in the subjects losing their minds but attaining great strength in the process.
 
With the purpose of creating a breed of super humans to reign supreme over the galaxy, these planets laid host to mutation experiments. However the vision of supremacy disappeared with the introduction of the Mutated Arcane Virus and the Herodian’s offensive. The EMC faced the fact that they could be witnessing the extinction of the human race, unable to use their experimental human army after all this time.