Second Installment

History of EXO and the Two Races

 

Dohyun, President of the Arcane Club and a once highly respected anthropologist, was leading the reasearch into the origins of human civilization from the confines of his research facility in the Lablum Section. as the the key founder of the Arcane Club, his academic peers treated his work and findings with huge skepticism. His reputation was damaged and in tatters within the academic community.
 
The main discussions within the Arcane Club centered on the two great civilizations of Earth’s time, Mu and Atlantis. The focus of investigation and research were based on the histories of Stonehenge in England and on the mysterious Moai stone formations on Easter Island.
 
For centuries mankind investigated the origins of its species, the civilizations it created, and the mystical powers that ancient scriptures spoke of. Though many legends exist, their validity has never truly been proven, yet cultures through time have believed in them. The Easter Island Moai Stones, believed to contain spiritual powers and linked with the supernatural, helped to establish the ancient Mu civilization. Could there be an element of truth in these beliefs?
 
Doctor Dohyun’s research on the subject had to be put on hold as news about the Earth’s destruction filtered through to the outlying colonies. This shocking news triggered Dohyun to investigate the Arcane Virus with great interest. Fortunately for Dohyun, the research materials regarding the virus reached him before the terrible events that took place on the investigating team’s ship from Earth.
 
With this research material he made an interesting discovery and theorized what caused the destruction of the ancient civilizations on Earth. The theory was that the fall of the two greatest ancient civilizations was in fact caused by a war. The trigger to this war played a key part in human history.
 
Doctor Dohyun believed that the Dimens Syndrome, a by-product of the Arcane Virus, triggered the war between two civilizations. This war was not fought for profit, greed or politics but for a much more sinister reason. The war left its mark, completely destroying the two great civilizations and even the lands that once lay home to them. Traces of these civilizations disappeared and the virus was buried deep. The Dimens Syndrome was to be forgotten and lost forever, and indeed laid dormant for thousands of years.
 
"Dimens Syndrome" (latin, mad as crazy, vicious.)
 
 
However, it was now apparent that the Dimens Syndrome did not disappear from human life entirely. Evolution of man adapted elements of the Syndrome within the human genome resulting in an increase in aggression and showed traits of physical change. The belief that people’s sharp nails and teeth had actually evolved over time was due to their aggressive and militant nature. Could this be an indication of humanity's true nature? It wasn’t a case of survival; it was preparation for a new war.
 
Doctor Dohyun used his research from the Moai Stones, believing there to be a connection between the events on Earth and the origins of the Arcane Virus. His suspicions led him to believe that there was a far superior intelligence at work, an intelligence that had created a virus designed to trigger the fall of both the Mu and Atlantis civilizations.
 
Dohyun had many assumptions to consider and many questions to answer, more so about ancient Earth and the mysteries it held. Where did the vague stone sculptures originate? What was the purpose of the Nasca patterns in Peru? Were these created to worship a greater and superior being or civilization? Could it be that the Arcane Virus was created in order to destroy the whole of mankind despite them worshiping this superior civilization?
 
Doctor Dohyun gathered together the information that he had collected from the assumptions, theories and the historical events, releasing his report to the academic world. To his horror, Dohyun’s theories only became the object of ridicule, with mainstream scholars mocking his outrageous theories. The leaders of man threw out their last warning for human survival. The extinction of mankind loomed.