Fire in Heaven

Mechanical

Key POV

I stare at my phone is shock, trying to process the fact that KIm Jonghyun actually just hung up on me. Jonghyun's being all moody, and he's not coming home, and Onew hyung wasn't at work tonight. It's pretty freaking obvious that something happened between them. I should be feeling happy or victorious or satisfied or something that isn't the guilt knawing at my stomach. Oh god, Key, stopstopstop!! You did the right thing, Onew was cheating on Jjong! You know it! You even saw..... Him... Hugging another guy.... No! Come on, there was definately more, they were half ! And on the fourth floor so I didn't get a great picture but still.... Wiat! I had a whole, really amazing reason for suspecting that Onew is a cheater! I saw him... He was... Jjong said he was a great kisser. I sink quietly into the chair of Jjong's kitchen table and find myself silently promising never to argue again when someone says i like to blow things out of proportion.

 

Onew POV

It's been a week since i last saw Jonghyun and i changed my shift at work to late night so that i won't have to see Kibum. I still feel miserable and i can't even look Joon straight in the eye, which is only making me feel worse. I know that none of this is his fault, but remembering all those things Jonghyun said about us, what he called me.... I sigh heavily and slam the shot glass down harder than necessary, making a young girl sitting at the bar jump in surprise. I bowed my head to her, grinning sheepishly. She returned the smile and put her drink down. She was cute, with a soft round face and short blonde hair, the kind of girl i used to fall for before i realized that i liked hard muscles more than soft skin. Still, it's hard not to blush at a sweet face like hers.

"Is everything okay?"

The question takes me by surprise. She smiles, embarassed.

"Sorry, it's just.... You've been making faces and muttering to yourself. I'm a kindergarten teacher so i guess it's easy for me to make out expressions and you just look so upset, i was wondering how to start a conversation, but that would have been so wierd and random, and i don't want to invade your personal space and..." She suddenly blushes and pulls at her short blonde hair, "I'm rambling, aren't i?"

I can't help but laugh. It's the first time i'v laughed in a week and it feels like a giant rock has been lifted off my shoulders. He reaches a hand out to her.

"Onew."

"I know. Your name tag, i mean.... I'm Luna."

She gives me a wide smile that i can't help but return. 

"Luna-Shii, it's really nice to meet you."

*****************************************

"Relationship trouble, huh?"

It's four in the morning and Luna and i are sitting in my apartment. Honestly, i have no idea what posessed me to invite a complete and total starnger into my house and tell her all my life problems. But there's something about Luna, her goofy smile and awkward laugh. It feels like i'm meeting myself in woman form. I'm jerked from my pondering as she leans forward in my couch.

"How long have you guys been dating?"

"Just over three weeks."

"Only? Wow, that's pretty early for some heavy duty . And you haven't spoken to him in a week?"

I shake my head, in awe of the fact that she's taking all of this in stride. She didn't even flinch when i mentioned my partner was a man. She crosses her arm and pouts cutely.

"Actually, oppa, i think that you're doing the right thing by not contacting him. I'm pretty pissed at this guy. Some boyfriend, he doesn't even trust you! He should definately be the one to come on his knees begging for forgiveness." She sighs. "But at the same time, that's obvioulsy not happening. From what you said, he sounds like the proud type, so he probably won't say anything even if he's dying of guilt. You might have to make the first move, even though he's in the wrong."

"It's my fault too."

She looks at me, her eyebrows raised in surprise.

"I should have introduced him to Joon or explained why i'm always at his house. I didn't even try to defend myself when he accused me, i just took it. So, it's not all Jonghyun's fault...."

I trail off as she starts shaking her head.

"You're just like my sister, always making excuses for her asswhole boyfriend."

"He's not an asswhole."

"And you do it again."

I don't have an answer to that so i just pout quietly as she smiles at me.

"I think it's destinty that we met tonight oppa. With my help, we'll Definatley get that guy back."

Destinity, desperation, a moment of insanity. Call it what you like. Fact is, i'm stuck with her now.

Taemin POV

I watch Key as he presses his ear to the door of his room, listening to the sound of Jonghyun moving around in his kitchen. Key made me come spend the night with him, insisting that something's up with Jjong. As much as i tried to brush it off as his usual paranoia, i can't deny that 3 a.m. is pretty late for him to just be getting home. My boyfrind turns to me, wrining his hands nervously.

"It's been like this for the past week. He comes home late then leaves for work early. I asked about Onew hyung at work, but they just said he changed his shift. They won't tell me when he works now. Tae, i haven't heard him laugh in a week. I don't what to do, this is all my fault."

It really is, but i'm pretty sure that admitting things like that is definately a no no in the Boyfreind rule book, so i pull him to me gently and let him sit on my lap.

"Baby, don't be so hard on yourself. Jjong is a big boy, i'm sure he knows what he's doing, he-" 

"Dammit! Dammit! DAMMIT!!"

I feel Key tense in my lap as the sound of shouting is exentuated by harsh slams on a hard surface. Probably Jonghyun hyung hitting the table. Key looks at me with teary eyes and maybe right now isn't best time for comforting words.

"Okay, babe, you ed up. You need to get out there, and talk to him because God knows he won't listen to anyone else. Get your together, Key, Because between you finally getting a concience and Jonghyun hyung having a relationship meltdown, i'm kind of freaking out."

He stares at me with his mouth hanging open for a second and i seriously think i've breathed my last, but suddenly he's giving me a quick kiss and jumping out of my lap. He wipes at his eyes and leave the room briskly. 

"Jonghyun! I know that you did not just break the table i helped pay for!"

I can't help the smile that creeps onto my face as i sneak out of the room to spy on my two hyungs.

That's my diva.

Jonghyun POV

My hands are still stinging from the sudden and rather violent interaction with the kitchen table when Key comes bursting in. I didn't even know he was here, but it's 3 a.m. where else would he be? I shake my head as Kibum advances on me, his face angry and his hands on his hips. It almost feels like back when we were dating and not in the good way.

"What the hell, Jjong?"

"Nothing, Kibum. I'm f-"

"Don't give me that . You're always back late, i never see you, you ingnore my calls, you're always working. And now you're throwing tempertamtrums, why aren't you telling me anything?"

Way too much like when we were dating. My hands are still throbbing and i turn away wanting nothing more than to be out of here.

"Is it Onew Hyung?"

I freeze, every joint in my body tensing up. I turn slowly and Key won't meet my eyes.

"What?"

"Did something happen with him? Don't lie to me, hyung."

Suddenly i explode, my voice rising before i can even realize i'm talking. I haven't felt this angry in a long time.

"I broke up with him okay? You were right, i left him. We'r over. It doesn't really matter anyway, it was only three weeks."

".... Was he cheating on you?"

"Was he-? That's really freaking funny. Weren't you the one that was so positive that he was? Weren't you the one that came crashing in here with your photographic evidence?! Weren't you the one who wanted mt to get out before i was in too deep!? Well guess what, i'm already in too deep!!"

Key flinches back and for a moment i feel bad for snapping at someone, but it's only a moment because it feels so good to yell, to blame someone else. I suddenly become aware of Taemin standing tenely at the entrance of the kitchen, ready to spring in to protect Key. Somehow it only pisses me off more. I'm about to storm out when Key's quiet voice stops me.

"Was he really cheating?"

I consider smashing his face in but decide against it, my anger suddenly flying away in one exhasperated sigh. I don't have the energy for this. 

"... I don't know. I didn't really ask."

"Well, maybe you should."

Onew POV

It's three in the afternoonn and Luna is sitting across from me in the cafe two blocks away from her kindergarten. Her fists are clenched in a fighting stance and she nod eagerly as i look at the phone. It's been three days since that night in my apartment, and no sign of Jonghyun, so according to Luna, it's my duty to make the offensive move..... whatever that means. I sigh and scroll through my contacts, looking for his name, when the phone comes alive in my hands, almost giving me a heart attack. I look at the screen in dismay.

"It's him! What do i do?"

"What do you mean what do you do?! Answer it! This is destiny!"

"You know, I think that your reliance on fate is a little-"

"Answer the phone Jinki!!!"

She reaches over and slides the bar on the screen, shoving the phone to my ear. My throat is so dry, i can't speak. I listen apprehensively to the buzzing on the other side. It's silent for a moment, then,

"Hyung? Are you there?"

"... Hey."

Luna looks ready to kill me.

"Hyung, we need to talk."

 

a/n: once more i beg for forgivness on my hands and knees. i hope you guys like drama, b/c the amount of it in this fic is seriously starting to make my toes cringe.