Fire and Torture

Mechanical

Lee Joon POV

Byunghee clenches and unclenshes his fists, the muscels in his jaw popping visibly as we stand by the door wathcing Onew cry into Cheondung's lap. 

"Ow cou e ink dat??" He sobs.

"I don't know, baby."

"I ould neva i do im!!"

"I know you wouldn't. calm down, we'll figure it out."

"I don wan im do l-l-leave meee!"

"He won't, we'll figure it out. Shhh."

At any other time, i would be wondering if Cheondung really knew what he was saying or if he just answered with whatever he thought would work.  But right now my mind is muddled. Someone just accused Onew of cheating. Not just anyone, but his boyfriend, the person who has been dating him for three weeks and is supposed to love and trust him. Tha person just called Onew  . Sweet, soft spoken, gentle, goofy Lee Jinki, was called a . And i'll be damned if i let anyone call my dongsaeng that. I turn to face Byunghee, my fists clenched and our eyes meet.

'Do you know where he works?' He mouths at me so that Onew, still shaking with sobs inside, can't hear. I give a small nod and we walk inot the room to comfort our crying friend. We know what we'r going to do tomorrow.

*************************

It's eight in the morning when Byunghee and i leave the house, after checking that Onew is still sleeping soundly in Cheondung's arms. It's not hard to find the garage, Onew's pointed it out a few times when we drive past. We wondered if it would be closed at this time in the morning but the doors were open and even from inside my car we could here drilling noises. Every second the anger inside me grew, until i almost felt nautious with rage. We stormed into the garage and found Jonghyun bet over the engine of a car. He barely had time to look up before i was on him, my hands his blue jumpsuit. Byunghee is right behind me, snarling in his face.

"What the is wrong with you?"

"I could ask you the same question. What the hell do you think you're doing?" Recognition, then disgust and hate register on Jonghyun's face and he wraps a hand around my wrist, trying to pull my hands away. Nice try, buddy. I tighten my hold.

"Jinki sobbed for hours last night, he barely slept. You just said what you wanted and didn't even listen."

"I didn't need to listen, i knew what was going on."

"Than why don't you tell us, because we have no ing idea what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb with me!!"

And he shoves me away violently into Byunghee, taking us both by surprise. 

"I saw the pictures! I always take him to your apartment! I know he spends more time there than at his own house! So how long have you two been playing this little game behind my back? Was it fun to know that he playing with me before running back inot your be-"

I don't know when i hit him and honestly wasn't planning to. That's more Byunghee's style. But Jonghyun is on the floor, his nose bleeding, and it's my fist in the air. I'm so surprised by my actions that Byunghee takes control, hauling the shorter boy up roughly.

"Listen up you ing retard. Jinki would never cheat on someone, he'd never do anything to hurt another person. Joon and Jinx are best friends and i don't kow what you saw, but it wasn't cheating. And if you honestly believed that he would, that he could, do something like that after dating him for three weeks, than you don't even deserve him. 

Jonghyun's face twists in pain and i know it wasn't just from the punch. I go to grab him again but suddenly here an uncomfortably familiar voice cry my name.

"Joon?! What the hell do you think you're doing?"

A better question would be "why the hell are you here?!" Mir rushes at me, his little face twisted with shock and anger as he pulls Jonghyun away from us.

"What's going on?"

"Don't worry about it."

"I wasn't asking you, Byunghee. Joon, what is going on?"

I look from Byunghee to Jonghyun's bloody nose to Mir. This doesn't really look good for me. I open my mouth to answer but Jonghyun beats me to it.

"Don't worry about it, Mir. We were just talking and i said something stupid. You here to check on Kai?"

Kai? "What's wrong with Kai?"

The anger is wiped off Mir's face and replaced with guilt. Suddenly he won't look at me anymore.

"Joon.... Um, about Kai, I.... I left him parked and, i swear it was nly for a moment, but when i got back he...."

"Wait, wait. This is the friend that gave you Kai?" Jonghyun is looking incredulously from Mir to me. He sighs heavily and pulls at his hair.

"You know what? I need a day off. Everyone out, i'm closed."

He ushers us out and walks back in, pressing a button to shut the garage. Byunghee is looking incredably confused.

"Uh... What just happened?"

I wish i knew.

****************************************************

Cheol Yong sips his drink quietly as we sit across form eachother at the small cafe. Byunghee is back at the aprtment talking to Jinki who woke up sobbing. I wanted to stay but Onew won't even look at my face. I feel like going back and strangling Jonghyun. I'm so caught up in my thoughts the sound of Mir's quiet voice makes me jump.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Why would i be?"

"Because of Kai..."

I gave the motus to him as a birthday present and cam up with the name Kai. Mir laughed at me, said it was stupid to name a bike, but more than once i've walked in on him talking to it. It makes my stomach spill over with butterflies and ridiculous jealousy when i see him talking to the gift i gave him. Jealous of a bike... This is sad. I swallow hard and take his hand over the table.

"Mir, it's just a bike. I can get you another one." I knew before i even finished the sentence that that was the wrong thing to say. His gorgeous eyes became moist and those adorable deep line framing his mouth deepened into a frown. He pulled his hand away from mine and looked down at his plate.

"I don't want you to buy me a new one. Joon i don't want just gifts from you, i..."

I leaned over across the table, barely able to hear his small voice but he suddenly stood up and grabbed his bag.

"I'll see you later. Thanks for the coffee."

I sat there, not sure if i should follow him or go back home. this, i'm not gay! why am i so worried about him? We'r just friends, and he's way too attatched to that stupid bike. I said i could just get him a new one! i dont even care anymore. I sighed, leaning back into my chair and calling Byunghee to ask if i was allowed back into my own apartment yet.

Jonghyun POV

The light above the small table in the cramped garage kitchen buzzed as a fly smacked into it. I ran my hand through my hair again. Jinki hyung once told me that it's amazing i'm not bald yet. He's right, i need to find a new stress relieveing technique.

Jinki hyung. Onew. The cheater. Or maybe not. 

" this." I cover my face with my hands as my phone starts buzzing. Key. I feel a flash of anger. This is all his fault. None of this would have happened if it weren't for him, Onew and i would sstill be together and i wouldn't have hurt him, made him cry. If Key hadn't gotten involved hadn't messed everything up! It was all Key's fault! The call dies and starts right back up. I snacth the phone, ready to yell my head off but before i can Key's sassy voice snaps at me.

"So now you decide to pick up? Christ, Jjong, i told you to let me know if you're going to work late. Do you know what time it is? Where are you? Do you know how worried i was?"

Worried. The anger filters out as quickly as it came. Key who is more mother than man. Key who jumps to conclusions and make mountains out of molehills. Key my best friend who worries to much. And me the stupid idiot who listens and doubts instead of standing up for his boyfriend. I let out a long sigh and there comes that worried voice, softer now.

"Jjong what's wrong? Are you okay? Tell me."

"I'm not coming home tonight, i really have to fix this car. Sleep well."

"Jonghyun, don't even-"

I hang up before he can finish and tap the corner of my phone against the wooden table, listening to the soft buz of the light as the fly bumps inot it again. Staring at the lop sided smile and squinted eyes that look back at me from the screen, i start to think i could really use a shot right now.

 

a/n: i have not updated in forever i am a monster sorry!!! i'll try to update agin tomorrow as an apology, sorry if this chapter was crap!