B-52

Mechanical

Joon POV

My mouth is seriously starting to hurt from the pout i'm sporting that grows deeper every time I glance to the right and remind myself that the person standing here, in the middle of the campus of my love interests college, is....

NOT FREAKING JINKI.

Little lier. Jonghyun leans easily against Kai, the loose leather jacket falling back slightly to reveal tanned shoulders and his rumpled black wife beater looking way better than it should on his short yet muscular frame. I scowl so hard my face twitches. I have more muscle than he does. And i'm taller. I'm a freaking model. Jonghyun turns to look at something on the edge of campus and swallows, clenching his square jaw slightly as he does and causing a vein to move up and down in his neck. Well, .   

"Onew was supposed to be here."

I mumble it, but Jonghyun hears it anyway, groaning as he turns to look at me, big brown eyes (what's the deal with those anyway?) wide with exasperation.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Someone at the restaurant got sick and hyung is taking their shift! Quit being such a freaking baby! 'Sides, now you have a legitamet excuse to be loitering like a skecthy on this kid's campus."

He pats the sleek body of the motorcycle he's leaning against. I have to admit the shorty knows what he's doing. Not a scratch anywhere. Wait, Joon, don't complement the enemy.

"Last time Mir saw us we were duking it out. What makes you think he'll buy the-"

"Joon? Jonghyun? What the hell are you guys doing here?"

Oh God. I know I've never gone to chruch. Or temple or whatever. But isn't this just too cruel? I feel like a charcter in one of those horror movies where the monster is right behind me and I turn around as slowly as I possibly can. I always thought they were stupid. If you know the monster is there then forget the slow motion and just book it!! But now I understand. Every single muscle and nerve in my body has frozen, and I can practically hear the creaking sound of my head turning. Mir is standing there, a hesitant look on his face, like he doesn't know if he should come closer or not. Jonghyun's heavy hand on my shoulder snaps me back into motion. He squeezes gently and gives this smile that makes me think he's been taking lessons from Onew.

"Yo, Mir. Actually, I finished fixing Kai up this morning. I was so excited about it I wanted to call you, but then Joon swung by and he mentioned that he knew where you went to school so I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to bring him over."

Oh dear lord, it sounds even worse out loud. 

"Wow! He looks great! Good as new. You really know your stuff, Jonhyun. Thanks."

"DOn't thank me, I just did what you payed me to do."

"Speaking of, it might take a little longer to pay for the rest... But I-"

"No sweat, Joon already covered it."

I'm still too busy trying to process the fact that Mir bought that story so easily that I don't notice the rest of the conversation until I hear my name. Looking up, i'm met with Mir's wide eyes and mouth slighlty open with surprise

"Why did you... You didn't have to do that."

, I missed something important didn't I? Mir glances down and I take the chance to give Jonghyun a questioning look, wondering what exactly I shouldn't have done. He tilts his head towards Kai and rubs his thumb against his middle and index fingers. Oh, I paid for repares. Nice.

"It wasn't that much, you paid for most of it. Besides, Kai was a gift from me, so..."

Mir still won't look up at me, but his hand visibly tightens at the mention of the gift. His grip keps getting tighter and tighter and now he is looking at ,me and he doesn't look happy and oh lord, Jonghyun thank goodness I have a witness to-

"Hey, Mir, where's the bathroom?"

Well. So that's why Onew and Jonghyun seem so perfect for eachother. They are, quite literally, a couple of traitors. Get it? Because a couple is a set of two things, but it's also two people romantically involved? A 'couple' of traitors? Good one, Joon. Too bad no one heard it. Maybe I should say it out loud?

"Lee Joon."

Hmm, Forgot where I was for a minute there.

Mir is looking at me, his expression unreadable. He glances back at the motorcycle and I'm suddenly hyper aware of the empty campus.

"There aren't many people around"

"Yeah, most people are in class right now, or at the special seminar in the Arts and Sciences building. I was heading there."

"You're going to the seminar?"

"I was. It probably already started. Lee Joon."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you at school. Jonghyun thought you might want Kai back, and we haven't talked in a while so I thought i'd just tag along. Not because we haven't talked in a while, just because, you know, Jonghyun didn't know where you went to school. And I knew you've been taking the bus, well i guessed, cuz, you know, without Kai, how else would you be getting to school, I mean-"

"Cheongdung gives me rides."

"Oh...."

He looks deflated, the previous anger in his gaze gone as he looks down.

"I don't need it. The bike, I don't need it. Take it back."

"Mir, what the hell are you talking about? You just payed for it to get repaired! And it was a gift, I-"

"I DON"T NEED YOU'R GIFTS!!"

I'm suddenly grateful that there's no one else around as he shoves me away from him, voice raised as tears fall down his face. Now, I know I'm not the brightest tool in the tanning bed (that's how the expression goes right?) But I think anyone in my position would be just as thoroughly confused as I am. It is with confidence that I can say I have no idea what is happening. Mir is trying to walk away but I grab at his wrist.

"Mir, what's wrong? I gave you Kai a long time ago! Why are you being like this suddenly?"

"It's not sudden! I've been... Joon you're so stupid. I mean, I already knew that but jeez, don't you have any idea what you're doing to the people around you?"

"Mir, What are you taking about?"

"I like you!! Gods, Joon, I've liked you for so long! I thought... I thought maybe you were interested in me too.. And then you gave me Kai and I was so sure. I mean, who gives a freaking Motus for a friends birthday gift?! And now here you are, 'it's a gift, it's a gift! Let me pay, I can just buy you a new one, it's no big deal, i don't even freaking care ABOUT YOU JUST WATCH ME SPEND MY FREAKING MONEY ALL OVER YOU, BUT I'M NOT INTERESTED, IT'S JUST A FREAKING GIFT!!!'"

I've never been religious but I am praying right now. Mir is yelling at me, getting closer and closer and I have no idea what to feel. Happy that he feels the same way, angry for not noticing, hurt that he thinks i'm just spending money on him for fun, sad that he doesn't realize how special he is to me. He grabs my arm and i settle on the feeling of fear that is quickly overtaking everything else. Mir is not a big man, but right now he might as well be Big Foot,

"Joon, I don't want to be your freind, I don't want to be someone who just takes gifts from you. I want you to count on me, to think of me. I want to stand next to you. I want-"

He stops and looks up at me and I don't know what he sees but it must not be encouraging because he lets go of my arm and takes a step away, wiping angirly at his eyes.

"I'm missing my seminar. Keep the bike. Bye."

Thousands of thoughts rush through my head at a time, abusing my brain and paralizing my body as Mir turns sharply on his heel. Getting smaller and smaller as he walks away. Just before he dissapears, there's a sharp pain in my lower back, making me arch and fall to my knees. Jonghyun is standing behinde me, other shoe held in his hand as he prepares to throw again, lips pulled back over his teeth. I jump up ready to kill him when the realization that my motor skills are back and that Mir is still walking away hits me full force. I've never run so fast in my life.

"MIR!!"

He turns slowly, big eyes red, small nose scrunched. We collide so hard the crack of our skulls echos through the campus. People are starting to filter out of buildings now, giving us curious looks, but I could care less.

"I want that too! I want to be with you, to give you rides to school, to buy you things and spend money on you and spoil you because you're so special and precious to me! I want you to feel like the most important person in the world and this is the only way I know how. But if you don't like it, I'll change. I'll-"

But I don't get to finish because his arms are around my neck and his lips are on mine and my head is throbbing from the impact and I know people are staring. A little part of me is telling me to stop, that people are watching, that i'm being judged, that this is wrong. That my father might find out.

But right now, all that matters is the feeling of Mir's fingers in my hair and the choking sound his deep voice makes when our eyes meet.

 

A/N: I know. You wait forever for an update and it's more Joonmir thant jongyu. I don't know guys. I've been watching too much mblaq lately. Please.... forgive me. Probably going to wrap this up soon, maybe two more chapters and it will end with enough jongyu to give you a freaking jongyu hangover. And those of you who are here because of Marcus (nori boy) ..... He is an angel. AN ANGEL!!!!!!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW WHO NORIBOY IS!!!!! HE WRITES AMAZING JONGYU FANFICS AND ACTUALLY UPDATES MORE THAN ONCE EVERY THREE MONTHS. HIS JONGYU FIC, KING SIZED, IS AMAZING AND THE ONLY JONGYU FIC I HAVE EVER SUBSCRIBED TOO. AND I'VE READ A LOT. IT'S THAT GOOD. GO READ IT!!!!!!!!!  King Sized