Brain Damage

Mechanical

Onew POV

When I changed my shift after breaking up with Jonghyun to avoid Kibum, I left the rookie barista in charge of happy hour. It's probably because I felt so guilty about that that I didn't even hesitate to take the earlier shift today when asked, even though I promised i'd go to the university with Lee Joon. I owed it to the manager, and besides, I trusted that Joghyun would be able to take care of things and come up with a plausible reason for them to be there. It seemed like a good idea at the time, a necessary thing to do. But right now, facing a sweaty and red-faced Kibum as he braces both his arms against the door frame of the employee dressing room, cutting off all of my escape roots, I am doubting all of my reasonging and wishing more than anything that I was on a college campus helping my best friend win the love of his life. Kibum takes a step forward and I let out a strangled and high-ptched noise that is less than masculine. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Working."

He rolls his eyes and gives the heavy kind of sigh an exhasperated teacher gives a particularily problematic student. He closes the door behind him and I can't help but wonder if this is what victims of the electric chair feel like. Knowing it's the end as soon as they hear the click. 

"I thought you moved your shift to the afternoon."

"I did, but the manager needed extra hands today. What about you? I thought you worked night shift?"

I still sound so unsure of myself, my voice quiter than usual. I don't exactly know the details, but I know that Jonghyun's sudden and unjustefied anger had something to do with Kibum, and that the younger male doesn't have exactly amicable feelings for me. He ignores my question and crosses his arms and pats his left foot impatiently, eyes flitting around the room as if looking for cue cards to direct his next words. Without warning, he suddenly jerks forward and grabs me by the arm, shoving me against the locker. 

"Who is he?"

"Eeep?"

I tried to say 'who is who?' but Kibum seems to understand what I was trying to say because he shoves his face into my bubble, making an irritated noise.

"The guy whose apartment! The body builder! The y one! The shirtless one!!"

"Lee Joon?"

"So there is another man!"

"NO! No, I already explained... wait.. did Jonghun tell you about what ahppened?"

He jerks back and looks down as what he just said clicks into place. It makes sense for Jonghyun to have told his best friend and room mate everything about that night, but something about Kibum's guilty expression is making me suspicious.

"How do you know I always go to his apartment? Did Jonghyun tell you he was shirtless, that night?" 

At the mention of the night of our fight, Kibum gains confidence and looks back at me.

"I didn't need to be told, I already knew! I was the one who told him that something was suspicious!"

"Wait, what did you do?"

Kibum has the guilty look of someone who refuses to admit that they think they were wrong. His chin juts up defiantly in my face and I feel myself getting angrier and angrier.

"What do you mean, you told him? You told him what? What was supsicious? What did I ever do to you that made you tell Jonghyun I was cheating on him?!"

"You're a liar! You always act so innocent but you let Jonghyun hit on you, no problem! And when we followed you-"

"When we followed you!? Who the hell is 'we'? And when were you following me? WHat makes you think it's ok to follow me? Where- I mean when- What?"

"I'm not allowed to worry?!"

Suddenly he's in my face again, breathing heavy.

"Jonghyun is my best friend! I've been by his side for the longest and I know how sensitive he is, how easy to hurt! He's worked hard for his life and he doesn't need anyone who's going to make things difficult! And I was the one who introduced you guys in the first place, without knowing absolutely anything about you! It would have been my fault if some stranger... And when I saw how much Jonghyun liked you, so soon...I was just protecting my family."

My anger deflates like a forgotten party balloon. I've never been one for staying angry long, anyway. Kibum isn't looking at me anymore, his shoulder sagging forward a bit.

"Jonghyun's already met him. His name's Lee Joon, he's my best friend. They'r together right now, as a matter of fact. I'll introduce him to you next time. I'm sorry that I made you worry about the people you love, Kibum ah. But I wish you wouldn't have been so quick to judge me withou an explenation. I thought we were firends."

He crosses his arms and shrugs, still not looking at me.

"You and Jonghyun...?"

"Back together."

There's silence and he pushes past me to his locker, opening it and grabbing something from his side before turning on his heel. It must be the reason he came to work so early.

"Um, Kibum ah?"

He doesn't turn around, just stops at the doorway.

"I love him too."

"..... Have a good day hyung."

And he's gone, leaving me with the vison of his back and a tiny "I'm sorry" Bouncing off the walls of the room.

a/n: I totally , this is the most crap update ver. I'm sorry guys, life is being right now and I'm so busy i'm going crazy. but i git into my first choice school!! YAYYAY!!!! ok, i'll do my best to make the conclusion good and rap up the series well! Sorry if the jinkibum (tht is too cute btw, did you guys see that radio show??) reconceliation was too abrupt!