Midnight Oil

Mechanical

Jonghyun POV

It's a beautiful bike. A silver Motus MST-R.  I knaw my lip as i look it up and down. At least it was a beautiful bike before some asswhole decided to run it over.

"It was a hit and run."

I turn to face the teary eyed owner who was talking to Son Dam noona only a minute before. My heart breaks as he chokes on a sob.

"It's not unsavable," I try to console him.

"I-i can't afford it. Not now"

His blonde bangs fell into rounded brown eyes and he had deep laugh lines. He must be gorgeous when he smiles. I put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"I'll do what i can. You don't have to pay me right now. Take all the time you need."

The boy looks shocked and his wide eyes fill with tears. He grabs my hand with both of his, giving it a tight squeeze. 

"Are you serious? Th- i mean- Thank you!! i- i don't know what to say. I'll pay you by the end of the year. I don't have a job now, but if you can save him, i..." His voice breaks and i bring my other hand up to his shoulder, looking into his eyes.

"I know it looks bad, but don't give up on him yet."

"Please, please, tell me you're talking about a person and not a car."

Kibum is standing at the entrance to the garage with Taemin right behind him. It's Friday so the kid probably only had morning classes.

"We'r not talking about a car.... We'r talking about a motorcycle."

Key rolls his eyes and Tae laughs, skipping over to look at the bike.

"Woah, it's totally crushed."

The blonde flinches slightly and makes a distressed face. Key just shrugs.

"If you can't get it fixed, just buy a new one. You must have enough money if you could buy this in the first place."

"It was a gift," the boy says in a strangled voice, "From a friend."

"Nice friend, he gives some pretty pricey gifts." 

"That's all he gives," He mumbles. For a second, the boys expression changes and he looks down, his shoulders sagging. Taemin and Key share a look and Key squeezes the boys shoulder.

"Don't worry about the bike. Jonghyun's the best, but just make sure to pay... um?"

"Cheol Yong. But every one calls me Mir." And for the first time since he stepped into my garage on the verge of tears, he smiles. I was right. Those are some pretty deep laugh lines.

******************************

Taemin fidgets nervously on the couch of my apartment. I'm already expecting te worst concidering the fact that these two actually spent their free time together at my garage waiting for me to get off so that we could go home together. They didn't even come to the apartment before me, just sat there watching me work. Even now, Key watches me as i move in and out of the kitchen, as if he's debating something. Taemin touches his arm every now and then and looks at him imploringly. I'm running out of things to stall with. 

"Jonghyun hyung, come here."

, did he just call me hyung? Did someone die? Or did i piss him off? What have i done in the past year that might make him upset? 

"What's up, Kibum?"

"It's about Jinki hyung."

Onew hyung? My bunny?

"What about him?"

"Remember when you told me about your first kiss with Hyung about three weeks ago? I thought it was kind of wierd that he was so forward and experienced so i-"

"Oh, god Key seriously? You freak out because i guy knows how to kiss well? It's your fault for building up this pure little image of him in the first place. Hyung is older than all of us, you know."

I'm about to stand up and leave when Tae grabs my arm. He looks worried and upset, and that's pretty unsuaul for him.

"Wefollowedhim."

"What?"

"We followed him. Actually it was just to humor Key hyung, Minho was dragged along too. It was jsut for fun, we thought Key was overereacting too-

"What?!"

"- so we just went along with it. But we followed you all the way to his apartment where you left him, and a guy ran out of the building and they were hugging and all over eachother."

"It wasn't his apartment, it was his friends! I knew that he needed to help him out, he told me about that! You probably just saw him hugging his friend and jumped to conclusions!"

For a second, Taemin looks surprised but Kibum doesn't miss a beat. He's on his feet and reaching for his pocket.

"Yeah? Well we followed him again to the same apartment and look at this."

What the hell? This has to be photoshopped. I stare at the picture Key has at my face. It's Onew, he's shirtless and standing at the window, laughing. Two muscular arms are wrapped around his waist and there's someone's head burried in his neck. From what i can tell, their shirtless too.

"This isn't real."

"Jjong.."

"What the hell is wrong with you Kibum?! You're freaking stalking people now? Aren't you the one who tried to set us up in the first place? Why are you doing this now? You can't even tell that's him!!"

But you can. That smile is unmistakable. Honestly, it makes sence when i think about it. When we get further than kissing, he backs off. I ask to meet his friend and he says no, changes the subject. I'v dropped him off at that same apartment more than once, and he doesn't even want me to get out of the car. I critizice Key for painting an innocent picture of him, but i was doing the exact same thing, when it was ll just...

"NO! i don't believe you! Either of you! I'm going to talk to hyung. Now."

Kibum tries to grab my arm but i'm already gone.

Onew POV

I have always said that Strip Poker Friday is a bad idea. I don't even remember who came up with it, but seeing the sly smile on Byunghee's face as Joon angirly throws his shirt across the room gives me an inkling it was him. Cheondung is pouting adorably as he undoes his belt. If they know they'r always the first ones , why don't they just start layering up before we play? Or maybe we should just stop playing. Really. Last Friday, Joon almost threw me out the window when i won. Byunghee reaches for the cards. We are now the only ones still wearing pants. 

"My my, mr. model, is that a new ab i see? Are you going for a 12-pack? Could it be that you're losing on purpose just to show off your body?" Byunghee winks at me and i play along.

"Actually that's so probable. And all this time i thought you just really, totally, at poker."

Joon is on his feet, his perfect abs flexing as he stands. Byunghee always gives him a hard time about being a model. Byunghee himself is a professional photographer. Labels and magazines would tear eachother apart to have just one of his pictures under their name.

"YAH!! Cheondung is just as stripped as me! Why am i the only one being made fun of!?"

Cheondung is on his feet now, his cute lightning bowers riding up as he stands.

"Byunghee is cheating! I know it!! He and Onew have, like a code!!"

Byunghee rolls his eyes, now on his feet as well. I can see a real fight brewing when the doorbell rings. Lierally saved by the bell.

"Onew, go answer."

"It's your house, Joon."

"Do i look decent enough to answer the door right now."

"It's still your place."

Joon rolls his eyes and grabs my arm, pulling me along to answer that door. I can still here Byunghee and Cheondung bickering behind us. It's so hard without Seungho here, like a freaking daycare. As soon as he gets back from his busuiness trip i-

"...Jonghyun?"

Jonghyun POV 

I feel like i've been hit in the stomach, slapped in the face, kicked in the shins, all at the same time. Onew's gorgeous, seemingly innocent brown eyes widen at me and his soft, perfectly pink lips part in surprise. 

"Jonghyun, what are you doing here?"

He's so gorgeous, so soft, so gentle in everything he does. 

"I asked the porter and he said you might be up here."

The taller boy looks back and forth between us. His prominent muscels are clearly visible, his only article of clothing well fit boxers. Onew hyung still has his pants on.

"Hey, Jinx, isn't this-?"

Hyung looks at him, panicking as if he just realized his still there. He shoves back into the apartment and steps out to face me, closing the door behind him.

"Jjong, i can explain. He, that time, i didn't tell him to-"

"It's only been three weeks."

"Yeah, that time about three weeks ago, but i swear i-"

"Since we started dating, it's only been about three weeks."

"Wait, what are you-?"

"That's realy not a long period of time. If you really wanted to make an impact, you should have waited longer, like maybe a month or two? We haven't even had yet, and you're... Oh but you've done it with him? So i guess i'm the one you're cheating with? Ouch, harsh. He doesn't look too bright so he probably doesn't suspect a thing."

"Wait, Jjong, what the hell are you talking about? Joon is-"

"Don't worry about it. I was interested 'cause you seemed like the innocent type, and i've never had someone like that. Thought it'd be cool to try it out. But you're not innocent at all, huh? Man, what a dissapointment. I'm glad we didn't do anything, i would have hated to play with a used toy. See you around the restaurant, Onew Hyung."

He loos so shocked, his mouth opening and closing. He's so adorable. I need to leave. I turn but his soft, warm fingers circle my wrist. 

"How-"

And it's a sob. Have i ever heard him cry before? No, i would have remembered, it's impossible to forget the heartbreak his tears make me feel. I pull my wrist away and begin walking out of the apartment. It's probably just an act, but how can a face like that lie? The face of an angel. 

"JJong! How could- *sob*"

i quicken my pace, trying to fight the constriction in my throat. It's almost humorous, the playboy getting played. Like a movie or something. My eyes burn and my nose stings as i slam the door to my car, gripping the wheel. What's wrong with me? It was only three weeks. Not long at all. Why am i like this? WHy does he do this to me? It was only three weeks!!

 

.............  But i guess that was long enough to fall in love.

A/N: well.......... that escalated quickly. But seriously, is this too dramatic? How the hell did this even...... Please don't hate my story, i'm trying my best.